Bournemouth 1-3 Chelsea

On 03/05/2023 at 11:08, ChelseaChelsea68 said:

Another defeat incoming in this truly terrible season. Frank will always be a Legend but let’s face it he’s a average manager at best. I feel for him he took the job with best of intentions but too many players are not good enough. 
Less than a year ago there was a possibility that our wonderful club might not exist thanks to our incompetent government (admittedly a only a small chance) Todd & Co have made many mistakes but our problems started 5/6 years back under Roman. The list of poor transfers is big Drinkwater, Barkley,Bakayoko and since Diego left we haven’t had a center forward, Eden carried us at times but now things have come to a head and we are a awful team. There is a foundation of a Team Chilly,Reece,Enzo,Murdruk,Noni and a few other but we need to rid ourselves of so much deadwood. 
I can’t wait for this season to be over. My expectations for next are hopefully better but we ain’t challenging for the title. Having no European football will be good give manager time to coach and rebuild.

Despite how bad we are my one comfort is that we ain’t Spurs, 50 years of shite at White (or 3 point)  Shite Lane

We are Chelsea We will return 

True.
Also I believe our European successes in those 6 years is somewhat overblown.
Because there is really nothing out there in the continent if you take away 4-5 big clubs.
Then we won the CL with only two good performances really, against Real Madrid and City - masked the underlying problems.

23 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Also I believe our European successes in those 6 years is somewhat overblown.
Because there is really nothing out there in the continent if you take away 4-5 big clubs.
Then we won the CL with only two good performances really, against Real Madrid and City - masked the underlying problems.

Our success masked underlying problems, indeed, but it's not overblown at all. Winning the European Cup is undeniably difficult. Just ask City, PSG, or even Arsenal. It's not like other clubs don't want to do it. They just don't have what it takes. We do, or at least we used to.

Remember that we beat Arsenal and Manchester City in European finals. We even beat Bayern Munich in a final, on their own ground. That's one of the biggest challenges that you can get in football. It could be topped only by beating Real Madrid in a UCL final at the Bernabeu, probably.

We're in a shit situation, but let's not downplay our accomplishments. Chelsea are still the most successful English club since 2003 and one or two poor seasons won't change the fact that other fans can only dream of the joy that we were able to feel during this time.

Just look at those poor basterds at Arsenal. They act like they are champions of the world, yet they have nothing to show for. We, on the other hand, have won it all. And we will be back. There is no way we won't.

Edited by Cosmin

6 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Our success masked underlying problems, indeed, but it's not overblown at all. Winning the European Cup is undeniably difficult. Just ask City, PSG, or even Arsenal. It's not like other clubs don't want to do it. They just don't have what it takes. We do, or at least we used to.

Remember that we beat Arsenal and Manchester City in European finals. We even beat Bayern Munich in a final, on their own ground. That's one of the biggest challenges that you can get in football. It could be topped only by beating Real Madrid in a UCL final at the Bernabeu, probably.

We're in a shit situation, but let's not downplay our accomplishments. Chelsea are still the most successful English club since 2003 and one or two poor seasons won't change the fact that other fans can only dream of the joy that we were able to feel during this time.

Just look at those poor basterds at Arsenal. They act like they are champions of the world, yet they have nothing to show for. We, on the other hand, have won it all. And we will be back. There is no way we won't.

No I 'm not downplaying.
But the premier is more difficult than Europe.
Europe is seemingly more difficult because it's a cup competition and you cannot afford to lose a tie.
In Europe I recognize only Real-Barca-Bayern-PSG. Also Atletico but not their team of the last two years.
In Europe we may also face other English clubs (and Arsenal of 2019 were poor really) but from the other nations I recognize only the above four as difficult opponents (well, not now of course - we would probably go out to Krasnodarsk or Tatabanya now).

On 03/05/2023 at 09:08, ChelseaChelsea68 said:

Another defeat incoming in this truly terrible season. Frank will always be a Legend but let’s face it he’s a average manager at best. I feel for him he took the job with best of intentions but too many players are not good enough. 
Less than a year ago there was a possibility that our wonderful club might not exist thanks to our incompetent government (admittedly a only a small chance) Todd & Co have made many mistakes but our problems started 5/6 years back under Roman. The list of poor transfers is big Drinkwater, Barkley,Bakayoko and since Diego left we haven’t had a center forward, Eden carried us at times but now things have come to a head and we are a awful team. There is a foundation of a Team Chilly,Reece,Enzo,Murdruk,Noni and a few other but we need to rid ourselves of so much deadwood. 
I can’t wait for this season to be over. My expectations for next are hopefully better but we ain’t challenging for the title. Having no European football will be good give manager time to coach and rebuild.

Despite how bad we are my one comfort is that we ain’t Spurs, 50 years of shite at White (or 3 point)  Shite Lane

We are Chelsea We will return 

Hes not even an average manager, he’s an extremely shite one. Calling Frank average would be an insult to the actual average managers out there.

16 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hes not even an average manager, he’s an extremely shite one. Calling Frank average would be an insult to the actual average managers out there.

Not all great players become good managers.
The Greek legend of legends Maropoulos was a very bad manager and the fans were throwing pieces of wood into the pitch, back in the years.

Re the Coronation; We should perhaps remember under our constitution he has the power to dissolve government and force a general election thereby kicking out these criminal Tories ( Current Poll Con 22%) and making everyone's life happier. Even for us Chelsea fans? He'll be good news for the environment and the younger generations to which he's committed to help. God save the King! Poch please save CFC.

29 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Honestly, would be good to see Hall get a run to end the season.   At least play these youngsters and see what they have to offer the new manager next season. 

I think, Hall got fair amount of chance this season and he proved he is not ready yet. In some games he completely lost the line defensively, other games he screwed up 100% chances. No doubt he is talented, but maybe needs more time or loan to mature up.

Carney, on the other hand, impressed me a lot, hope he will be involved in few games.

We're going to lose our final 5 games.

Today Bournemouth, then Forest, then Shitty, then Manure both away, then finally Newcastle.

Can't wait for this fucking season to end, it's been a total disaster.

Fuck Boehly he's done a irreparable job.

6 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Today Bournemouth, then Forest, then Shitty, then Manure both away, then finally Newcastle.

Think we're gonna get something from Bournemouth or Forest, can't wait to see Lampard fistpump in the air when we get a draw.

Edited by TheHulk

1 hour ago, TheHulk said:

Think we're gonna get something from Bournemouth or Forest, can't wait to see Lampard fistpump in the air when we get a draw.

if we can't get something from Bournemouth or Forest, it will really show how pathetic the mentality of the squad is. 

Can't even blame this on injuries as pretty much everyone is fit...

8 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

We might have a chance.. Bournemouth aren't above us..though only cause of goal difference so maybe not..a point maybe? 

28 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Although I said I would not watch anymore games this season I will after all but...

The Shitty and Manure games i'll watch, not from behind the settee but from a nuclear bunker...if I can find one.

I am once again staying up until midnight in Australia to watch us play some shitty football...