The Next Manager?

What was Xavi like before he fell out with the Barca president? I haven’t paid any attention whatsoever to La Liga but I know Barca is broke as a joke so that couldn’t have helped him compete against Madrid.

Wonder if he’s the mystery candidate.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

What was Xavi like before he fell out with the Barca president? I haven’t paid any attention whatsoever to La Liga but I know Barca is broke as a joke so that couldn’t have helped him compete against Madrid.

Wonder if he’s the mystery candidate.

Majority of the Barca fans wanted him gone for months now, at best he is average.

On 22/05/2024 at 12:18, Strike said:

Athletic sources: Kieran Mckenna, Enzo Maresca, Thomas Frank, Sebastian Hoeness, in the shortlist.

De Zerbi, Kompany are unlikely candidates. No chance of Tuchel, Conte or Mourinho. 

Sebastian Hoeness wouldn't be the worst choice in the world. He's the big young thing in Germany.

2 hours ago, TheHulk said:

🤣

Wait until November when that guy is fallen out of a favor. 

Clueless bunch. 

Don't expect us to be like City in maintaining anything. Or even for that matter like Arsenal, because they are more senseless with the coach and build on him. 

We just have nothing and will have nothing. 

I posted last week that letting Poch go would be a huge backwards step. It's pretty clear that the squad was fully behind him and with the momentum that had been built in the last few weeks, some stability I think would have had us very much in the top 4, if not top 3 (depending on Liverpool next season) hunt. 

Now, it feels once again back to the unknown. The list of candidates is underwhelming but other clubs have taken big chances with inexperienced managers previously to good effect, the most obvious recently being Arteta and Alonso, and more famously Pep and Zidane. The biggest difference being that these had top playing career's, but that's no guarantee of translating into a top managerial career.

Personally, I'd love to continue tracking Fabregas over the next year or two in the possibility of him being someone to take a risk on similar to those above, which again is part of the reason I'd have preferred us keeping Poch to maintain some needed stability to the club for now. The position we're currently in feels very precarious as to which trajectory, and it's a monumental risk.

You just have to hope that they strike gold with who they choose and that risk proves to be a masterstroke in the future. 

For McKenna who seems to be the most linked currently, what he has achieved over the last two years is incredible. If he can translate that on to a bigger stage then he could well be something very special. He seems the biggest risk on the list, the potentially highest boom and lowest bust, which makes me think he'll be the one they may ultimately plump for.

United fans on their forum are mostly begging for them to replace ETH with McKenna whilst all of us Chelsea fans are begging our club to stay away. Kinda funny.

Just now, Pizy said:

United fans on their forum are mostly begging for them to replace ETH with McKenna whilst all of us Chelsea fans are begging our club to stay away. Kinda funny.

That’s because McKenna is a nobody. Ten Hag being a bad manager does not make McKenna any better than he is.

there is also the point of direct style which I disagree with with most here: for me the club signed players and managers to play quick and direct. Don’t see any evidence that they want possession style anywhere.

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Nothing funny or surprising in it. He is one of them, had been with MU for long. Most of us were happy all over when Lampard was appointed after his season at Derby. I don’t remember other big6 team fans pushing for him. 

Also, by the end of the season, Ten Hag fully lost his shit, especially with his communication towards the press. We finished the season pretty promising, so brining up McKenna not causing general amusement among Chelsea fans is understandable.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I have seen this headline by lesser transfer accounts, but now Matt Law is peddling it.

Ok ok, it's me, I've asked to manage for a year but take 3 years pay, even if I get us in Europe I will be sacked if I get them to Europe and a cup final I can just walk away, good pension no strings attached and my medical team will be the Chelsea pensioners.

But in a serious note I think it's Eddie Howe, or I've atleast heard rumours 

Edited by YorkshireBlue