Leicester 1-3 Chelsea

James

What is a little depressing is if we get half of the available points from the remaining games of this season, we finish with 50 points. That is probably not going to be enough for 7th place. Getting half of the remaining points would be a lot considering how the team has played since January.

36 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

What is a little depressing is if we get half of the available points from the remaining games of this season, we finish with 50 points. That is probably not going to be enough for 7th place. Getting half of the remaining points would be a lot considering how the team has played since January.

It's ok we're going to win the CL 😦

If no Reece and Sterling our right side will be much weaker. RLC will be RWB but winger? Can Felix occupy right side with Mudryk left? If not again one of Ziyech, Pulisic, Mount, Madueke. 

We really need to use the rest of these PL matches to settle in the new boys and get them ready for next season. Sitting Mudryk & Madueke kn the bench over and over when we don’t have much to play for in the league would be annoying.

The thing is though, if we are now switching back to the 3-4-3 for the rest of the way these expensive wingers we’ve just bought are kind of screwed. That’s why I’m a bit concerned about Mudryk going forward. If we’re a permanent back 3 side then spending £88m on a winger looks foolish.

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

We really need to use the rest of these PL matches to settle in the new boys and get them ready for next season. Sitting Mudryk & Madueke kn the bench over and over when we don’t have much to play for in the league would be annoying.

The thing is though, if we are now switching back to the 3-4-3 for the rest of the way these expensive wingers we’ve just bought are kind of screwed. That’s why I’m a bit concerned about Mudryk going forward. If we’re a permanent back 3 side then spending £88m on a winger looks foolish.

Ultimately we still have to win games. Unless people think focusing on finishing in and around 10th place when theres still what 10 or 11 games to go is ok and would be beneficial as long as we play the new signings….. 

Yes technically their might not be much to play for like trophies or CL spots as I think thats out of our grasp but the manager isn’t out of the woods yet and the team needs more than 2 wins in succession.

I mean ideally, he should probably stick with the majority of the team which have featured in the last 2 games. The performances haven’t been fantastic but you cannot tell me chopping and changing now after going periods without getting any results, with the injuries we’ve had, the change in system and clear signs of some players getting more confident, would be a good thing to do?

The last 2 matches Mudryk or Madueke haven’t played from the start so why shoehorn them into a winning team ahead of the others ie Raheem, Havertz and Joao Felix? I mean if Raheems injured ok take him out but no point rejigging the whole front 3.

I mean ultimately we’ve not seen enough consistency from any of the front 3 regardless of personnel but Havertz scored and played his best game in a while, Sterling scored and for sure Felix has shown much more than Mudryk or Madueke so not sure what the insistence, particularly for Mudryk (it seems to be every prematch on here - his price tag shouldn’t dictate he starts and I can’t remember the last time he started and wasn’t subbed of for playing poorly), on putting them in the team unnecessarily is. 

Theres only 8 points between us and Liverpool. Its not impossible to close the gap and we should be prioritising trying to leapfrog some of the likes of Brentford, Brighton, Fulham and Newcastle in the table at the very least. 

Edited by OneMoSalah