West Ham 1-1 Chelsea

James

10 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Am I wrong in saying that one of the best things to look forward to in this match is the Badiashile - Silva combo, and whether they can keep a 4th consecutive clean sheet?

Well before getting going at front the first thing to fix is defense. 

So bad that he is not for CL, but hey we pay Felix loan so we couldn't do that. 

He is still young and getting a lot of game time. I suspect that KK will do okay at least in CL, since he has experience that. PL just keep with Badiashile.

Of course Mount should start because any manager would want to improve the form of good players who are in poor form. If the manager would go for performances alone Mudryk would be playing u20 for a couple of weeks after what he did against Fulham. Thankfully, it's a bit more nuanced than that. BTW, 🤦‍♂️ on the Gallagher and Mount comparison.

For me the starting lineup matters very little. We need to start playing A LOT better as a team, which also includes a bit more running and dedication when not in possession. I know some folks here think we are missing a striker or whatnot, but I simply do not see the team doing enough to win matches... simple as.

Edited by robsblubot

I suppose it's not unreasonable to expect  improvement commensurate with money invested and players available.

I expect a vast improvement on Saturday and a comfortable win otherwise Potter will be clinging on.

Edited by kev61

16 hours ago, milka said:

Kepa

James Thiago Badiashille Chilwell

Enzo  Kovacic

Sterling  Havertz  Mudryk
    Joao Felix 

Will be  nice . 

But we all know that both Mount and Gallagher will start.

"But we all know that both Mount and Gallagher will start."  😭😭😭

43 minutes ago, guddy69 said:

if RLC starts I will just give up!

while RLC is underwhelming,he would complement Enzo type-wise. The beauty of having Enzo is that he has the most of the strengths of Jorginho but not his weaknesses. So all he needs beside him is one player with a good engine and the ability to work box to box both ways - carrying the ball forward through midfield and getting into position quickly off the ball. Ideally he would also offer a goal threat and a mean tackle. So Kante then Zakaria would be my first and second choice... Kovacic, Gallagher and RLC still work but to a lesser extent.

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

while RLC is underwhelming,he would complement Enzo type-wise. The beauty of having Enzo is that he has the most of the strengths of Jorginho but not his weaknesses. So all he needs beside him is one player with a good engine and the ability to work box to box both ways - carrying the ball forward through midfield and getting into position quickly off the ball. Ideally he would also offer a goal threat and a mean tackle. So Kante then Zakaria would be my first and second choice... Kovacic, Gallagher and RLC still work but to a lesser extent.

He can carry the ball but NEVER passes to one of our players  ..and has never and will never be a goal threat or have a mean tackle..RLC Is practically useless

1 hour ago, guddy69 said:

He can carry the ball but NEVER passes to one of our players  ..and has never and will never be a goal threat or have a mean tackle..RLC Is practically useless

I would defo pick RLC over Gallagher though. 

Better discipline in terms of positioning, and can actually hold on to the ball under pressure., unlike Gallagher who chases the ball even when he has it.

1 hour ago, guddy69 said:

he was a big goal threat back in 2019/19 (10 goals, 5 assists in only 1955 minutes, he was a beast that season), BUT THEN he blew out his Achilles on that fucking yank NFL stadium shit turf, and it destroyed his career, as I predicted)

same thing for CHO and his Achilles Injury, after we had turned down £40m from Bayern

we are fucking cursed with injuries

36 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Better discipline in terms of positioning

We complained about big space gap between Enzo and Mount/Gallagher in the last game. Thought maybe it's on Potter but saw on other places on web from people who were at the stadium that he spent a lot of time shouting to two of them about that. 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

We complained about big space gap between Enzo and Mount/Gallagher in the last game. Thought maybe it's on Potter but saw on other places on web from people who were at the stadium that he spent a lot of time shouting to two of them about that. 

Blame lies with Potter too., but at least it looks like he tried to get them to correct it.

Potter says Kova still isn’t quite ready for tomorrows match. 😔😔😔

Another makeshift midfield tomorrow where we likely won’t be able to see Enzo at his best because he’ll have Gallagher next to him.