8. Enzo Fernandez

ZAPHOD2319

On 26/05/2023 at 14:12, bigbluewillie said:

Like it's being said we need to build the team around Enzo.

Furthermore it's going to take years to get back to where we once were probably 3 to 5 years, not just next year.

I think it is going to take around 2 more (3 in a worst case scenario) rebuilding/repairing seasons to get fully up and running at a title and CL winning possible level

so 2025/26 or (hopefully not that long) 2026/27 we should be good to go

De Bruyne will be starting to wind down, and Håland will be gone, off to join Bellingham and possible Mbappe at Real Madrid. If Mbappe goes to Real, Vini Jr will likely leave, and maybe even before, as he is the number target of racist abuse now in global football due the unrestrained (up until now, for the most part) Spanish racist cunt fans. It is madness what they are doing to the lad.

Oh how I would LOVE to snatch him up!

3 years from now most of the top top players of the last 10 years in global football who are now older will be slowing down massively or in many cases, retired

Pessi

CR7

Benz

Modric

KDB (he will be 35 then and starting to wind it truly down I wager. although he will very likely be the best player from this list still playing)

Salah (will be 34)

Lewandowski

VVD

Kroos

Verratti

Mane

Kante

Griezmann

Pogba

Sergio Ramos

Ciro Immobile  

Thiago Silva

Thomas Müller

Casemiro

Ivan Perisic

Zlatan

Giroud

Dzeko

Marco Reus

Busquets

Hazard 

Edinson Cavani 

Luis Suárez   

David Silva 

Ivan Rakitic 

Manuel Neuer

Leonardo Bonucci 

Dries Mertens

Ángel Di María

Henrikh Mkhitaryan  

Ilkay Gündogan

2 hours ago, Tomislava10Barisic said:

FC Chelsea London should buy new Midfielder....
I think Sergej Milinkovic Savic should join Chelsea....
Mateo Kovacic will leave and we should get rid off of Ruben Loftus Cheek....
We could buy Sergej Milinkovic Savic, Marcelo Brozovic, Hakan Calhanoglu....
But what do you say for Kessie or Keita the Africans in Central Midfield....
What do you think who should we buy in Midfield?

Ugarte and caicedo/ lavia 

8 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Through balls this season in PL:

Enzo 11

Kovacic 10 

Everyone else 6 or less. 

He played first game in February. 

Lampard was spot on with his assessments of Enzo last week when he said he was playing as a number 6 out of necessity but there's so much more to his game and with the investment made in him, it's crucial the club looks to get the most and best out of him. Pair him next season with a genuine defensive midfielder who will allow him to perform more of a hybrid role and give him the opportunity to push forwards at times and I think his influence on the team will only continue to grow. 

For me, despite everything around him falling apart, he's kept his own standards up the last few months, and shown some personality and character to suggest he'll become a real leader and talisman here for years to come. I was convinced watching him at Benfica and with Argentina that he was 'the' midfielder we needed to get and build around and I'm still convinced that he was the right signing we made in January regardless of the price that was paid.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

What does that mean? Enzo wants to play AM in 4231 or what? 

I think he means he doesn’t want to be the deepest midfielder, I agree he is not Jorghino he is more of B2B midfielder that can dictate like Xavi and Modric. 

On 25/05/2023 at 05:07, bigbluewillie said:

Feel sorry for the guy, coming to this broken club, when he could of gone to any of europe's top clubs.

Aus der Kriegsschule des Lebens.—Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker

Friedrich Nietzsche – Store norske leksikon

• 2 weeks later...

It’s ridiculous tho. He is not that big a name yet. I think we should focus on building a strong unit instead of fostering some super star culture. But I consider Enzo’s character to withstand the temptation to believe his own hype. 

• 3 weeks later...