8. Enzo Fernandez

ZAPHOD2319

2 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

We wanted to make a filthy loser like Mount the captain, can't possibly be worse.

You managed to totally avoid my question. I think Thiago or, and I know people will lose their mind, Kepa are the only two people I’ve seen display leadership in this squad. Can’t comment on new players yet.

Just now, Mhsc said:

You managed to totally avoid my question. I think Thiago or, and I know people will lose their mind, Kepa are the only two people I’ve seen display leadership in this squad. Can’t comment on new players yet.

Azpilicueta was a legend but was always to soft to be the Captain yet we made it work. Enzo on the other hand is a warrior he is best fit for Captain, James is a bit soft. Thiago and Kepa will both leave after this season.

21 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Azpilicueta was a legend but was always to soft to be the Captain yet we made it work. Enzo on the other hand is a warrior he is best fit for Captain, James is a bit soft. Thiago and Kepa will both leave after this season.

What part of Azpi was soft? 

Just now, YorkshireBlue said:

What part of Azpi was soft? 

He wasn't shouting at the players who were slacking and smiling on the pitch, if Terry saw Mount smiling like a rat after a loss he would've beat the shit out of him.  Azpi was an okay Captain but wasn't anywhere near Top tier like Terry. Think Enzo is the closest we can get to Terry, everything I see from him on the pitch and media in attitude is top tier.

It was often said Azpi is too nice and not vocal enough to be a captain, he was more of the office leader, than field leader. For years we lacked someone ready to go full Ballack on refs and opposition feeling too well sometimes.

It felt quite weird to me when Kepa was carrying the armband and why should Enzo have anything to do with our captaincy I have no idea.

2 hours ago, TheHulk said:

He wasn't shouting at the players who were slacking and smiling on the pitch, if Terry saw Mount smiling like a rat after a loss he would've beat the shit out of him.  Azpi was an okay Captain but wasn't anywhere near Top tier like Terry. Think Enzo is the closest we can get to Terry, everything I see from him on the pitch and media in attitude is top tier.

And Enzo?

He’s a great player but… do you know what leadership looks like? He’s done nothing, not even close, to be a leader. Not yet. Maybe he can grow like that.

I’ve only seen Thiago and Kepa be vocal and opinionated and driven on the pitch from this group. Probably Gallagher would be ahead of Enzo too. 

21 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

No 1 did anything, even the manager did fuck all.

Exactly. He is the one who, as the captain, should have done something. If I remember correctly, Luiz was the only one to approach Kepa.

46 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

And Enzo?

He’s a great player but… do you know what leadership looks like? He’s done nothing, not even close, to be a leader. Not yet. Maybe he can grow like that.

I’ve only seen Thiago and Kepa be vocal and opinionated and driven on the pitch from this group. Probably Gallagher would be ahead of Enzo too. 

There's this out dated idea that leadership is all about throwing your weight around and pumping your chest, which has led to the massive modern day myth that Declan Rice is a good leader.

James represents everything the club is about, on and off the pitch.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

James represents everything the club is about, on and off the pitch.

Agree with that.

James would be my choice too. Refuses to be mugged by the opposition during matches. Cool customer.

Just hope he stays fit for most of the season this time., because we can't have an absentee captain.