11. Noni Madueke

ZAPHOD2319

4 minutes ago, Vytis33 said:

Never a good sign when the manager publicly says you’re not training up to the standards 

Fair for fans wondering why he isn't playing, shape up or ship out Noni, less parties, perhaps.

7 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Fair for fans wondering why he isn't playing, shape up or ship out Noni, less parties, perhaps.

With Palmer around and guys like Paez, Angelo, Hutchinson coming he will never break into the team. This is pretty clear. Pointless signing. Same with Broja, won't make it here. Loan next season to raise their price and sell. 

12 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Really? I think everybody who seen him 2-3 times can tell why he isn’t playing for Chelsea. Simply not good enough, I cannot even see what he is supposed to be good at. He has some skills and finishing, but definetly nothing execptional, and his overall work / defending is way below the standards, even nowadays. 

Palmer, Colwill or Caicedo are also not perfect, but at least with them one can see where we are going, and they really need minutes to mature up. Madueke or Broja, you can see even their sight on the field or passing / ball handling is weak, just not this level.

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

With Palmer around and guys like Paez, Angelo, Hutchinson coming he will never break into the team. This is pretty clear. Pointless signing. Same with Broja, won't make it here. Loan next season to raise their price and sell. 

I don’t understand it either but with our medical team someone is always out so we need at least 2 for every position. Also they are still young and could still be converted to wingers if they have the pace. 

5 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Really? I think everybody who seen him 2-3 times can tell why he isn’t playing for Chelsea. Simply not good enough, I cannot even see what he is supposed to be good at. He has some skills and finishing, but definetly nothing execptional, and his overall work / defending is way below the standards, even nowadays. 

Palmer, Colwill or Caicedo are also not perfect, but at least with them one can see where we are going, and they really need minutes to mature up. Madueke or Broja, you can see even their sight on the field or passing / ball handling is weak, just not this level.

The only thing going for Noni is that he is left footed. Pace and skill we have enough already. Granted Noni was very unlucky in some games where he hit the woodwork repeatedly. 

palmer and Colwill I agree they will be class. Esp how Palmer already assumes responsibility is impressive .

But Caicedo I think ppl are in the denial stage. He is exactly as mediocre as most on here feared when we splashed out that absurd fee. Average player with average talent, potential and mid ceiling. I can see why ppl don’t want to give up on him simply bc we invested so much. That price tag alone will ensure he will have hundreds of opportunities and as many false dawns. But the talent is just not there. The sooner one accepts this the less it hurts. At best he will become sth like our Granit xhaka. 

11 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Won the penalty and converted it for the win last night and no posts in his thread today?

You are right:

Kudos, Noni! Good luck on your loan.

7 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Won the penalty and converted it for the win last night and no posts in his thread today?

There's more about him not being up to scratch in the match thread. Funny for a player who's hardly been given a look in.

5 hours ago, Fernando said:

That's what you get a lot of up and down with such a young team. Still we would have been better if the owner spend good on the striker department. 

We an live in hope Osimhen will be that player come next season.

Edited by LAM09

If we are fair game, like we are now, and anyone can attack us away and at home, then yes, perhaps Madueke can contribute with his pace and directness. In which case, we are fucked anyway.

If we regain some of our strength and opponents end up respecting us again, he will have to do things he hasn't shown he is capable of. That's why I think he is still a big question mark at this level. Can he make a career? Sure, but at this level he needs to learn to operate in tight spaces, and I haven't seen him doing that yet. His game is long; his touches are long w/ long strides. Suppose we will see.

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

Having a great game in U21 game vs Luxembourg

Having a great game against Luxembourg holds no weight whatsoever. It's like having a great game against Estonia, a joke of an opponent.

Edited by manpe

5 minutes ago, manpe said:

Having a great game against Luxembourg holds no weight whatsoever. It's like having a great game against Estonia, a joke of an opponent.

Its not about the goals or assists it's his decision-making in the final third and his overall play. You can only beat who is in front of you. You should know that as a Chelsea supporter this season. Games we should have won we lost.

• 2 weeks later...

For me, he should come off the bench more frequently. Last night he was the only one who was driving at that weak Utd line instead of trying to play around it. Not saying he is a great player, but I much rather him come off the bench than Sterling or Mudryk (who seems to stay on the bench when he is a sub.) 

8 hours ago, King Kante said:

For me, he should come off the bench more frequently. Last night he was the only one who was driving at that weak Utd line instead of trying to play around it. Not saying he is a great player, but I much rather him come off the bench than Sterling or Mudryk (who seems to stay on the bench when he is a sub.) 

I'm far from a fan (think he should've been on loan), but have to agree that considering the lack of options, he should be used more often. Mudryk's game is way too inconsistent within the same match: he makes good moves and a minute later switches off, or has a poor touch cheaply losing possession.

Sterling is a bizarre case... I don't get it. Still suspect something physical, but could be mentality -- retirement mode? bit of both perhaps?

Carney is far superior to all 3 for me atm, so he should prob be starting on the left when fully fit.