11. Noni Madueke

ZAPHOD2319

Madueke's probably my least favorite player; just not crazy about his play one bit. It could be that the pace and power of the league causes him enough trouble that he ends up trying to simplify too much. He looks very far from taking a starting XI position, or the whereabouts tbh.

Caveat, I consider U21 another sport, so I don't really care what he does at that level.

Even prefer Mudryk despite how unclean his game looks.

8 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Madueke's probably my least favorite player; just not crazy about his play one bit. It could be that the pace and power of the league causes him enough trouble that he ends up trying to simplify too much. He looks very far from taking a starting XI position, or the whereabouts tbh.

Caveat, I consider U21 another sport, so I don't really care what he does at that level.

Even prefer Mudryk despite how unclean his game looks.

Can't believe we wasted 35m on him. 

8 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Can't believe we wasted 35m on him. 

Wouldn't say "wasted" yet. He's still 21, and the most disappointing things about his game, like the one-trick-pony head-down dribbling can be fixed. He can learn when to go for the direct play, when to hold the ball, and when to one-twos. He's still 21.

Now, top player? nope don't see it. Compare his game to Palmer's for example... I mean if you can.  

5 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Wouldn't say "wasted" yet. He's still 21, and the most disappointing things about his game, like the one-trick-pony head-down dribbling can be fixed. He can learn when to go for the direct play, when to hold the ball, and when to one-twos. He's still 21.

Now, top player? nope don't see it. Compare his game to Palmer's for example... I mean if you can.  

Even if you compare him to Simons who was at PSV and now he's lighting it up for Leipzig in Germany....they are worlds apart. 

PSV robbed us blind for Madueke, would prefer to see Maatsen in the first team than Madueke as he just looks too raw. 

16 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Even if you compare him to Simons who was at PSV and now he's lighting it up for Leipzig in Germany....they are worlds apart. 

PSV robbed us blind for Madueke, would prefer to see Maatsen in the first team than Madueke as he just looks too raw. 

PSV didn't rob us we robbed ourselves everyone who watched him for a bit could tell from a mile off he isn't a great talent. Shocking how they decided to go for him.

Poch is right and I like his approach here. When you play at Chelsea and you're injured, make sure you're not filmed in a nightclub. It's that easy. 

Just like ten Hag should've known better before publicly talking about Sancho's lack of effort in training. It doesn't matter if you are right, it doesn't matter if you're not breaking any rules. All that matters is to avoid creating problems where there shouldn't be any.  

On 29/09/2023 at 14:37, TheHulk said:

PSV didn't rob us we robbed ourselves everyone who watched him for a bit could tell from a mile off he isn't a great talent. Shocking how they decided to go for him.

Isn't this the same player that absolutely bossed it for England u21s? To say he isn't a great talent at 21 is like calling a joiner apprentice shit at his job. Got to give these players a real chance, if you were that great at spotting talent you wouldn't be on here. Have your opinion that's fine but don't act like your eye for talent is brilliant, you was the one screaming for the Enzo deal to be done, and let's be honest so far I'm no more impressed with Enzo than I am Caicedo.

6 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Isn't this the same player that absolutely bossed it for England u21s? To say he isn't a great talent at 21 is like calling a joiner apprentice shit at his job. Got to give these players a real chance, if you were that great at spotting talent you wouldn't be on here. Have your opinion that's fine but don't act like your eye for talent is brilliant, you was the one screaming for the Enzo deal to be done, and let's be honest so far I'm no more impressed with Enzo than I am Caicedo.

It's a shame there was no time and opportunity to properly sort out the Strasbourg thing first due to mad nature of this takeover.

All that "potential" and young, young players policy thing could create a really competitive team in French league and with proper culture and people, could help those players grow and filter the potential-only ones. Meanwhile being thrown from showing some moves in U21 and having potential in Netherlands to Chelsea's first team is a crazy task to bear, as pressure is immense and room for mistake is non-existent. Let aside fact it's a downgrade for the team as a whole and I doubt fans love this move backwards. Would we say any of our players have something to warrant Chelsea move like 2 years ago? Maybe Enzo if the price was right (it wasn't) and Badsman as it's very Marina-esque deal.

Owners can try to sell the current situation as exciting and hungry project or whatever, but truth is, a lot of things that are about to happen in next years should have been done on lower levels - some of those guys literally have to learn football and Chelsea's first team is not quite the place for doing it as it may damage either the club and those players.

2 hours ago, Vegetable said:

some of those guys literally have to learn football and Chelsea's first team is not quite the place for doing it as it may damage either the club and those players.

Couldn't agree more. We need to at least agree on that, a. Chelsea is a big club (money alone proves that) and that b. the Premiere League is one of, if not the, most competitive league in the world. Add those up, and really, what a player did or did not do at U21 matters little to nothing.

Seen so many U21 "talents" fail to even become footballers that it's not funny. Forget about knowhow, there is a HUGE physical gap between senior and u21 players; u21 is also NOT a leveled playing field: sometimes players who develop a bit early, area tall and strong, have a big advantage going against smaller weaker and younger players, that advantage vanishes in the senior team.

I'm far from being the U21 police 😅 but it's really a questionable argument to make at this level.

13 hours ago, Vesper said:

agreed with it all right up until that

Sorry but, at this moment watching them play side by side, that doesn't look like a 220 million pound pair. Both so far have been sub par for a 100m price tag.

2 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Sorry but, at this moment watching them play side by side, that doesn't look like a 220 million pound pair. Both so far have been sub par for a 100m price tag.

To think we spent all that money and we couldn't bring in a single reliable attacker to be the focal point up front. 

I'm more concerned about how Sterling/Mudryk/Madueke and co are going to justify their price tags as I don't think any of them get anywhere near 10 league goals this season. 

4 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

far far too soon to make that call

• 2 weeks later...

21yo Chelsea player who is day in and day out in the senior team is doing well in U21 against kids.... congrats. 😆

No seriously, it's disappointing that he's even playing at u21... Enzo was winning a WC for Argentina at 21! Caicedo plays for Ecuador, not Ecuador u21.

Edited by robsblubot

• 2 months later...