11. Noni Madueke

ZAPHOD2319

3 hours ago, Stats said:

Mudryk was expected to be a sub for first game due to playing 90 mins for the national team a few days before where he was brilliant, but yeah him not coming on was a surprise. They won comfortably as well it seems. May continue on the bench for next game as well then.

Pretty sure the Ukraine coach mentioned Mudryk is carrying an injury and would likely be rested the first couple of games as a result.

On 30/05/2023 at 09:25, Special Juan said:

Still raw but fuck me apart from Enzo he's been very good and under Poch I think he could be a diamond. 

Not helped or backed up by the likes of that lazy fucker Havertz strolling into the box like he is about to go on death row.

I hope that you are right.

After a promising cameo against Fulham, my opinion of Noni quickly went downhill. I came to feel that he is too much of a one trick pony. From his second game onward it was clear that sides defended him with one defender facing up, and another stationed a few yards to that defender's right covering Noni's check onto his left foot. That greatly reduces the threat of his trick, if not totally nullifies it all together. I'm not expecting consistent contributions, or many starts from Noni. Anything above that and he will prove me significantly wrong.

We all end up with opinions which we feel are worth defending. I find however, that it is very easy to let negative ideas about Chelsea players go if contradictory evidence comes in. I hope that is how it will go for me with Noni.

On 23/01/2023 at 18:58, Pizy said:

Terrible squad number for an attacking winger 😬😬😬

Nor so long ago we had a defender wear the number 9 and then a long list of strikers that played like defenders for the opposition..aslong as they don't use NFL numbers like in Italy etc..

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I hope that you are right.

After a promising cameo against Fulham, my opinion of Noni quickly went downhill. I came to feel that he is too much of a one trick pony. From his second game onward it was clear that sides defended him with one defender facing up, and another stationed a few yards to that defender's right covering Noni's check onto his left foot. That greatly reduces the threat of his trick, if not totally nullifies it all together. I'm not expecting consistent contributions, or many starts from Noni. Anything above that and he will prove me significantly wrong.

We all end up with opinions which we feel are worth defending. I find however, that it is very easy to let negative ideas about Chelsea players go if contradictory evidence comes in. I hope that is how it will go for me with Noni.

I think the whole attack was well below par and he'll look a lot better with proper full backs giving him width and support (Reece, Gusto or Chilwell on the left). 

Thought he was one of the bright spots (alongside Enzo/Badiashile) in what can only be described as a pathetic season. 

Madueke at least wants to improve and prove a point, unlike his two team mates who are eager to jump ship to United/Arsenal respectively. 

35 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I think the whole attack was well below par and he'll look a lot better with proper full backs giving him width and support (Reece, Gusto or Chilwell on the left). 

Thought he was one of the bright spots (alongside Enzo/Badiashile) in what can only be described as a pathetic season. 

Madueke at least wants to improve and prove a point, unlike his two team mates who are eager to jump ship to United/Arsenal respectively. 

I like the more optimistic take on Noni, even if I can't really say that I share it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Malo can deliver. If he's a solid positive that will make him a big piece in the squad.

We will just continue to struggle in attack. Once again first one to be replaced in u21 team. If he is not good enough for them where that puts him here? He can be 4th winger option here at best. Sterling is on a decline last couple of years. Mudryk is not a sure thing yet as well. And strikers also very young. We focus on other positions but I'm concerned about our wingers. I'm not even sure they can replicate what Pulisic was doing. 

30 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

We will just continue to struggle in attack. Once again first one to be replaced in u21 team. If he is not good enough for them where that puts him here? He can be 4th winger option here at best. Sterling is on a decline last couple of years. Mudryk is not a sure thing yet as well. And strikers also very young. We focus on other positions but I'm concerned about our wingers. I'm not even sure they can replicate what Pulisic was doing. 

Wow someone’s feeling grumpy today

37 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I have said this several times.

we need another winger to play with sterling and rotate with mudryk and madueke, as these two are not ready yet (they need to grow)

we also need a top striker

the problem was that we spent so much money, but not on made players but on potential ones

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, James said:

I just opened this thread to post this tweet! I really hope he comes into this season so hard it becomes a chore to find where to use Sterling. Without European football, there are only so many games until the domestic cups roll around.

• 2 months later...

Odd that he wasn't in the lineup until Poch said "it's about choice" video surfaces of Noni partying whilst injured. It's a real shame considering how much he bangs on about work work work etc not saying footballers should be hermits but Poch is right, it's about choice, Jadon, I mean Noni 🥲