Florent Malouda

Madmax

What did he say exactly? If you remember.

Did he?

Not sure what he said exactly but he basically just mentioned that Malouda might a chance in the first team squad again. Apologies for unable to get a direct quote but it has been mentioned by reliable Chelsea sources on Twitter too.

Really? People need to get a grip. He never said he's going to be the first name on his team sheet.

I can almost guarantee what he meant was that he wouldn't be training with the reserves any more and will be given a chance if he performs well in training.

Ridiculous how some people are going on.

Really? People need to get a grip. He never said he's going to be the first name on his team sheet.

I can almost guarantee what he meant was that he wouldn't be training with the reserves any more and will be given a chance if he performs well in training.

My thoughts exactly. His chances of breaking in the first team is still slim imo.

no ..people are reacting to the ridiculous way Roman and the Board have behaved,,, The whole of football are amazed at their decisions

no ..people are reacting to the ridiculous way Roman and the Board have behaved,,, The whole of football are amazed at their decisions

Well they should complain about that then to the board.

Not try and dredge up stories like Rafa loves Malouda...

Fuck me - our posters must be on the Daily Fail recruitment programme.

Never seen so much shit - well since City played last night...

People reading what they want into this. Rafa was asked about Malouda if he had a chance, his answer was that when a manager comes in every player has to work to get his chance. It was one of those meaningless answers to not answer the question. I doubt he even knows what the situation with Malouda is.

Further more, Eddie once mentioned that the decision on Malouda "went over their heads", so I very much doubt Benitez will have the authority to bring him back even if he wanted to.

True fans are enraged and lashing it ,,,it isnt surprising .. AND if anyone tells me I should be grateful for Roman ,,,,,,I think my reaction will

get me banned

So because I'm not enraged and lashing it I'm not a true fan? Because I don't agree with your opinion I'm not a true fan? Because I love the messiah that is Roman Abramovich I'm not a true fan? That I didn't think RdM was a fantastic manager I'm not a true fan?

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions and one differing opinion does not make you any more a fan than another. You and no one else are in absolutely no position to say who is true fans and who isn't.

So because I'm not enraged and lashing it I'm not a true fan? Because I don't agree with your opinion I'm not a true fan? Because I love the messiah that is Roman Abramovich I'm not a true fan? That I didn't think RdM was a fantastic manager I'm not a true fan?

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions and one differing opinion does not make you any more a fan than another. You and no one else are in absolutely no position to say who is true fans and who isn't.

you havent understood my meaning ...but I cant be bothered anymore ..of course you are a true fan ,,but if you cant see Roman is NOT the Messiah

then his mother will tell you he is just a naughty boy

I thought of Malouda straight away actually. I won't cry if he comes back, he was decent in pre season and has had a good Chelsea career imo. Obviously a bit older, less sharper and not as potent in previous years but football is a squad game, we have leeds in the league cup just days after we come back from Japan, we need to use the squad. Malouda can do jobs against teams in the cups, Europa league and in the bottom half of the league. I wont be sad to see him back. Our squad is too small anyway, we need him back.

• 2 weeks later...

He's a body in midfield and is also capable of playing CM where we are lacking cover. We could at least have played him in the league cup and rested Mata or Rami or someone..

I don't think he's capable of playing in the pivot, he was used as an attacking midfielder in a 4-3-3 which we have completely abandoned. That leaves only left wing and no. 10 positions for him, both where he sucked big time.

I don't think he's capable of playing in the pivot, he was used as an attacking midfielder in a 4-3-3 which we have completely abandoned. That leaves only left wing and no. 10 positions for him, both where he sucked big time.

I'm just saying that Rami started vs Wolves and Mata started both league cup matches and played 120 mins against Manu where they could have gotten some rest had Malouda been available for selection. He could also be a good defensive option on the wing when we want to see games out and rest Hazard/Mata in the last 20 or 15 or 10 mins.

I know the club is supposed to be punishing him but it seems that they are the ones being punished because they are paying a lot of money for absolutely nothing in return.