Dinamo Zagreb 1 - 0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

I know many won’t agree and I’m not saying Lukaku is in the same league as Haarland BUT City have players who know how to get him the ball in the right place and a manager that knows how to get the best from him .On the other hand we never knew how to get the best out of Lukaku,he lost any confidence he had and the rest is history !!

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

All these other big teams with hugely expensive squads playing beautiful, free flowing attacking football. We meanwhile play like fucking West Brom under Big Sam. With a near billion pound squad.

We've spent most of it on defensive-minded players. That's the main difference.

22 minutes ago, Seymop said:

I know many won’t agree and I’m not saying Lukaku is in the same league as Haarland BUT City have players who know how to get him the ball in the right place and a manager that knows how to get the best from him .On the other hand we never knew how to get the best out of Lukaku,he lost any confidence he had and the rest is history !!

Lukaku was certainly not the player to transform the Chelsea attack but he's not to blame for the utter morass.

From Chelsea loyal:

Terrible performance yet again and our third defeat this season in seven games. Full credit to Dinamo they wanted it more, created more chances and fully deserved their win. Even with a striker we showed no improvement and the lack of a final ball has been evident in the entire game, the decision making was obvious and in many cases laughable. Dinamo opened the scoring in the 13th minute after a fast counter attack. The could have doubled they lead but Kepa was very good today and made the save. In the second half another big chance by Dinamo as a long ranged shot was saved off the crossbar by Kepa. Our best chance came in the 85th minute after James hit the post after his shot. Our subs probably made the game even worse for us and made no impact at all.

1 hour ago, Kong said:

We are playing like it's training. No runs no movement no passion no energy. it's like all our players have been replaced with the madam wax versions.

Well we're not...because in training the lads play basketball and take pictures of each other for the app

I cant believe we thought William was a frustrating player, then we went to buy Sterling...I mean, he is one of the most selfish players around. He is always trying one extra dribble, instead of passing the ball. 

Ballack and Lampard never won a UCL together, while both Mount and Havertz won 1 creating a great goal in the final, and  I will always be grateful for that. However, everytime I see both put their usual lethargic, anemic and passionless performance, I do miss that old english-german duo.

Edited by Henrique

We were so poor it was unbelievable..

Then what happens he brings on Ziyech who actually made us worse.

That's the last I want to see of him, I don't care where they dump him, can't believe we never got rid of him to Ajax.

And what about this little snippet..

The Croatian champions have a woeful record in this competition - winning just five of 43 games before this meeting - but they stubbornly held on after taking a first-half lead.

Just about sums us up🥵

Edited by bigbluewillie

23 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

We were so poor it was unbelievable..

Then what happens he brings on Ziyech who actually made us worse.

That's the last I want to see of him, I don't care where they dump him, can't believe we never got rid of him to Ajax.

And what about this little snippet..

The Croatian champions have a woeful record in this competition - winning just five of 43 games before this meeting - but they stubbornly held on after taking a first-half lead.

Just about sums us up🥵

From Ziyech Tuchel was expecting some long range shots. He did n't find space.
Early on it looked as if Dinamo was nothing, they were making defensive mistakes too. After they scored with Fofana beateen for pace everything changed. We were woeful for 77 minutes.
We were not good enough for old fashion press either - only three corners,

Edited by cosmicway

7 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Ziyech totally bullied Reece from that kick.

How does a guy such shiite pull rank against our best player?

Reeces face summed up everything that is wrong with Ziyech. He is an arrogant little fucker who's ego way surpassed his ability. You could see in that very moment there are fractions within the dressing room and I do imagine Ziyech is a becoming a problem. This is what worries me about TT, is he blind to what the problems are on the field and off them too?.

2 hours ago, cosmicway said:

No movement off the ball, movement of the ball at slow pace, inaccurate passing when the pace gets fast.
How do you expect goals, by whom and how ?
The exact opposite to Real Madrid whom we eliminated easily two seasons ago.

* You can see that sort of football from Chelsea but only if we chance upon some really inferior opponent or not so inferior a few times but on their worst day.
From midfield downwards the Chelsea team needs to be rebuilt.

11 hours ago, DDA said:

Has to be said but Koulibaly is not looking good at all. Second to everything.

Most shocking of all the transfers to me.

Especially after all the good things we've been hearing about him prior to his move.

Looking like a dud and not the leader we were expecting. Looks like he moved to England to enjoy his retirement.

If Tuchel has sense, he would bench the guy and give Chalobah a chance. At least at his age, Chalobah can improve.