Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

12 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Christ what kind of contract did we give Bats? I feel like the dude has been here for decades ffs

He's on £90K/wk according to reports.

I don't really see much of a problem with the extension+loan. Having already spent five years under contract at the club and having extended his deal last year and again now, his amortisation value is down to less than 2m€ for the current financial year. Getting Besiktas to pay the full wage, or at least around £70K/wk portion of his full wage, shouldn't be an issue because he's a high profile signing for them and his salary is pretty well in line with their other top earners. That means Batshuayi will have a minimal 'total cost' for the club's 2021/22 books.

If he does well during his loan, and more importantly the transfer market recovers from covid now that the stadiums are getting full again, it should be much easier to sell him for around £10M next year than it is now after his failed loan at Palace and the transfer market still in recession from the pandemic.

I've seen people lose their shit over the extension but I definitely see why they've done it. Some fans get too emotional and just want the club to get rid of the deadwood by any means necessary, but by doing this Marina can easily end up making the club at least £5-10M in 'profit' as compared to just letting him run down his contract and leave on a free (that's assuming a permanent sale is off the table this year, because if there was an offer he'd be gone already).

The only real risk in this is that he does a 'Baba Rahman' and manages to get a nasty injury while on loan and then comes back to Cobham to recover from the injury till the end of his contract, meaning the club don't get any money and he still gets paid for the extra year.

2 minutes ago, Jype said:

He's on £90K/wk according to reports.

I don't really see much of a problem with the extension+loan. Having already spent five years under contract at the club and having extended his deal last year and again now, his amortisation value is down to less than 2m€ for the current financial year. Getting Besiktas to pay the full wage, or at least around £70K/wk portion of his full wage, shouldn't be an issue because he's a high profile signing for them and his salary is pretty well in line with their other top earners. That means Batshuayi will have a minimal 'total cost' for the club's 2021/22 books.

If he does well during his loan, and more importantly the transfer market recovers from covid now that the stadiums are getting full again, it should be much easier to sell him for around £10M next year than it is now after his failed loan at Palace and the transfer market still in recession from the pandemic.

I've seen people lose their shit over the extension but I definitely see why they've done it. Some fans get too emotional and just want the club to get rid of the deadwood by any means necessary, but by doing this Marina can easily end up making the club at least £5-10M in 'profit' as compared to just letting him run down his contract and leave on a free (that's assuming a permanent sale is off the table this year, because if there was an offer he'd be gone already).

The only real risk in this is that he does a 'Baba Rahman' and manages to get a nasty injury while on loan and then comes back to Cobham to recover from the injury till the end of his contract, meaning the club don't get any money and he still gets paid for the extra year.

Nicely put, thanks

11 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Not only full wage, I'm sure we get 2 or 3m fee on top of that. 

Sure, but any loan fee will cover Michy's remaining amortisation value on the books.

If I'm doing the math right, five years ago he signed for 39m€ (jesus christ what a waste of money) and by 2020 his remaining amortisation was 7,8m€. He then extended his deal till 2022, which halved his yearly amortisation to 3.9m€ per year. And now in 2021 there's only 3.9m€ remaining which was again halved by the extension, leaving only 1,9m€ value on the 2021/22 financial year. A loan fee should be enough to cover that, and if Besiktas pay the full wage (£90K/wk) then Michy won't have any costs for the club this year. And even if the club have to subsidize £20-30K/wk then that's hardly the end of the world because it's still less than £2M for the year and it allows the club to sell for a fee next year, assuming the potential buying clubs have more money by then.

8 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Barca too small for Tammy...

I don't understand. Barca were communicating that they cannot register any new player, thus Messi couldn't have stayed even with zero wage. And now there are rumours about Tammy and Aubameyang.

1 hour ago, Jype said:

Sure, but any loan fee will cover Michy's remaining amortisation value on the books.

If I'm doing the math right, five years ago he signed for 39m€ (jesus christ what a waste of money) and by 2020 his remaining amortisation was 7,8m€. He then extended his deal till 2022, which halved his yearly amortisation to 3.9m€ per year. And now in 2021 there's only 3.9m€ remaining which was again halved by the extension, leaving only 1,9m€ value on the 2021/22 financial year. A loan fee should be enough to cover that, and if Besiktas pay the full wage (£90K/wk) then Michy won't have any costs for the club this year. And even if the club have to subsidize £20-30K/wk then that's hardly the end of the world because it's still less than £2M for the year and it allows the club to sell for a fee next year, assuming the potential buying clubs have more money by then.

he is out of contract next year, so no fee.

I don't like this way of accounting anyway but i guess it makes some sense to treat players like inventory, imo they should be treated as intangible assets tho as they carry things like commercial and image rights which sould be used to generate a measurable profit. I guess football accountants are lazy  lol

55 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

I don't understand. Barca were communicating that they cannot register any new player, thus Messi couldn't have stayed even with zero wage. And now there are rumours about Tammy and Aubameyang.

They couldn’t keep Messi and register all the players they’d signed as it was financially impossible by the sounds of it due to the wage/salary limit set by La Liga.

I mean Messi was reportedly on close to or over £1m a week depending which sources you believe (although they’ve reported he is making that at Paris actually so maybe he was on even more) so they’ve probably free’d up close to at least £55-65m a season in wages now (or more if he was on more). 

Not to mention Pique taking a paycut also as well as I think they’d asked others but they didn’t accept by sounds of it.

Edited by OneMoSalah

27 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

he is out of contract next year, so no fee.

I don't like this way of accounting anyway but i guess it makes some sense to treat players like inventory, imo they should be treated as intangible assets tho as they carry things like commercial and image rights which sould be used to generate a measurable profit. I guess football accountants are lazy  lol

The talk is that he will sign a one year extension before the loan, so by next year he will still have one year left.

The club definitely consider the deadwood like inventory, that much is clear. As soon as the player is deemed to have no future in the first team, the only thing that starts to matter is minimizing the costs and trying to get as much 'profit' as possible when they're finally sold. In cases like Batshuayi the 'profit' is still definitely a net loss, but on the books for the ongoing financial year a £10M sale next summer would count as profit.

Chelsea dealt Jules Kounde transfer blow as shrewd Sevilla contract clause comes into play

Chelsea will reportedly step up their transfer pursuit of Sevilla stalwart Jules Kounde in the coming days - but it will cost them significantly more to land the defender

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Chelsea-jules-kounde-sevilla-contract-24777061

Chelsea have received an expensive blow in their long-running pursuit of Jules Kounde due to a cunning clause in his Sevilla contract, according to reports in Spain.

Blues boss Thomas Tuchel is a big admirer of Kounde, with the 22-year-old considered one of the most-promising centre-backs in Europe.

The Frenchman returned to action for Sevilla at the weekend with a comfortable performance in a routine 3-0 victory over Rayo Vallecano in La Liga.

Chelsea are said to be keen to step up their chase for Kounde in the coming days - but it will cost them significantly more to land their target.

That is according to Diario AS , which claims the release clause in Kounde's contract increased from €80million (£68m) to €90million (£77m) ahead of the final two weeks of the transfer window.

Nonetheless, the report adds Sevilla are nervous about their prized asset's future as they believe Chelsea may yet meet the increased price.

Manchester City saw a €55million (£47m) bid for Kounde rejected last year before signing Ruben Dias from Benfica, and it is clear the player is worth significantly more now.

Sevilla boss Julen Lopetegui insisted there is no indication Kounde will depart this summer as he spoke after the clash with Rayo Vallecano.

"I don’t have the feeling that this is his last game," he said. "There is nothing that tells me that he will not continue with us.

"He played a very good game. Things can happen until 31st August. We need to strengthen positions and we are working on it."

Despite Chelsea's strong link with Kounde, Stamford Bridge hero Frank Leboeuf has questioned whether his former side needs another centre-back due to the emergence of Trevoh Chalobah.

The 22-year-old impressed in the Super Cup victory over Villarreal and scored his first goal in the Premier League win over Crystal Palace on Saturday.

"He had a very good Super Cup final game, then he had a very good game against Crystal Palace," Leboeuf told ESPN of Chalobah. "I have doubts that Chelsea need another defender because they already have lots of defenders.

"I already said Kounde is a fantastic player and he should be playing for Chelsea, but you cannot make everyone happy.

"So, what’s the point in having Chalobah, [Kurt] Zouma, maybe [Andreas] Christensen or [Antonio] Rudiger or maybe Thiago Silva on the bench?

"He [Tuchel] will have to make choices. There are only two seats for five maybe six if Kounde comes. It’s too many. If Chalobah goes on like that, of course, they don’t need Kounde."

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea dealt Jules Kounde transfer blow as shrewd Sevilla contract clause comes into play

Chelsea will reportedly step up their transfer pursuit of Sevilla stalwart Jules Kounde in the coming days - but it will cost them significantly more to land the defender

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Chelsea-jules-kounde-sevilla-contract-24777061

Chelsea have received an expensive blow in their long-running pursuit of Jules Kounde due to a cunning clause in his Sevilla contract, according to reports in Spain.

Blues boss Thomas Tuchel is a big admirer of Kounde, with the 22-year-old considered one of the most-promising centre-backs in Europe.

The Frenchman returned to action for Sevilla at the weekend with a comfortable performance in a routine 3-0 victory over Rayo Vallecano in La Liga.

Chelsea are said to be keen to step up their chase for Kounde in the coming days - but it will cost them significantly more to land their target.

That is according to Diario AS , which claims the release clause in Kounde's contract increased from €80million (£68m) to €90million (£77m) ahead of the final two weeks of the transfer window.

Nonetheless, the report adds Sevilla are nervous about their prized asset's future as they believe Chelsea may yet meet the increased price.

Manchester City saw a €55million (£47m) bid for Kounde rejected last year before signing Ruben Dias from Benfica, and it is clear the player is worth significantly more now.

Sevilla boss Julen Lopetegui insisted there is no indication Kounde will depart this summer as he spoke after the clash with Rayo Vallecano.

"I don’t have the feeling that this is his last game," he said. "There is nothing that tells me that he will not continue with us.

"He played a very good game. Things can happen until 31st August. We need to strengthen positions and we are working on it."

Despite Chelsea's strong link with Kounde, Stamford Bridge hero Frank Leboeuf has questioned whether his former side needs another centre-back due to the emergence of Trevoh Chalobah.

The 22-year-old impressed in the Super Cup victory over Villarreal and scored his first goal in the Premier League win over Crystal Palace on Saturday.

"He had a very good Super Cup final game, then he had a very good game against Crystal Palace," Leboeuf told ESPN of Chalobah. "I have doubts that Chelsea need another defender because they already have lots of defenders.

"I already said Kounde is a fantastic player and he should be playing for Chelsea, but you cannot make everyone happy.

"So, what’s the point in having Chalobah, [Kurt] Zouma, maybe [Andreas] Christensen or [Antonio] Rudiger or maybe Thiago Silva on the bench?

"He [Tuchel] will have to make choices. There are only two seats for five maybe six if Kounde comes. It’s too many. If Chalobah goes on like that, of course, they don’t need Kounde."

Board would be absolutely braindead if they bought mini-Luiz for 90m €. Absolute crazy valuation for the Gervinho of defenders.

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Not to mention Pique taking a paycut also as well as I think they’d asked others but they didn’t accept by sounds of it.

Their "four captains" have supposedly taken a pay cut or are in the process of doing so. Pique's decision was announced first, so Barcelona could register their new signings prior to the season beginning.