Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

That is what I was raving about Lukaku transfer. He is getting 450 euros a week?  23 millions a year salary and 23 mil a year transfer? I thought Halaand, world class in the making, would disrupt our wage structure? But no, it's Lukaku that will likely disrupt it. Of all world class players. Lukaku. Never mind. On how much is Kante? How much will Rudiger ask for after this? Bayern situation didn't show us anything I see. And their turnover, revenue and stadium are much bigger than ours. WE play in better league. We really had to offer him 450 000 a week to come?  He wouldn't come for less. Took advantage of our situation very well.

At this price and this salary he better start scoring against top six teams ( 5 in 58 unacceptable for the player of his worth ) since he wont be benched, and we cant afford to lose our six pointers because we have flat track bully as our striker.

It will be expected from the team to win the league with this overpaid superstar. That is what he is paid for unfortunately. And he has to help the  team to win the League. Then everything will be worth it. 

Otherwise....

So assuming there aren't any late hitches, it appears that Tammy is off to Roma, Batshuayi to Besiktas, Miazga to Alaves, Kenedy to Flamengo and Ugbo to Genk.

If these go through, how many players do we have left to "sort out"?

Perhaps a question for @Vesper...

7 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

So assuming there aren't any late hitches, it appears that Tammy is off to Roma, Batshuayi to Besiktas, Miazga to Alaves, Kenedy to Flamengo and Ugbo to Genk.

Players who were part of 1st team preparation but wasn't part of the first 2 official games:

Lucas Bergstrom (GK)
Abdul Rahman Baba
Malang Sarr
Jake Clarke-Salter
Dujon Sterling
Davide Zappacosta
Ross Barkley
Danny Drinkwater
Tiemoué Bakayoko
Tino Anjorin
Ethan Ampadu
Lewis Baker
Charly Musonda

And of course you have to add to that 1st team players who were in the squad in official games, but they future are uncertain: Alonso, Emerson, Zouma, RLC, Chalobah

8 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Lukaku is €325k a week and then he has to hit performance marks to get up to €450k a week. I think performance bonus contracts are the way to go with athletes. 

i thought he get basic salary €12m/year or €230k/week from Romano's tweet. even after performance bonus,,no way he get over 300k/week....

45 minutes ago, Syltherin said:

i thought he get basic salary €12m/year or €230k/week from Romano's tweet. even after performance bonus,,no way he get over 300k/week....

Supposedly Romano's report was for Lukaku's net wage (12m€/y) so the gross salary before taxes would be somewhere above 300K/wk. But reports on wages are most of the times unreliable because we don't know how much of it is tied to performance bonuses (both personal and team success) and some reports are net, some are gross etc.

Either way I wouldn't be surprised if Lukaku was the club's top earner now, because he signed the contract at his prime age (28) and moved for a club record fee so if he got an average wage then him and his agent have done a bad job. If I had to guess his basic wage should be around £300K/wk (similar to Kante's wage) and possibly some bonuses taking it higher if he's a big success. That kind of salary doesn't totally break the club's wage hierarchy and if he bangs in 35 goals a season and gets some 100K/wk more with bonuses added up I doubt anyone really cares because it would most likely mean the team have had big success on the pitch as well. 

Reports from Turkey saying Batshuayi to Besiktas will be a loan, and he will extend his contract at Chelsea by a year first.

He only has a year left so an extension would mean he still has a year remaining once the loan at Besiktas is over. Besiktas are paying their top players around £60-80K/wk and Michy would definitely represent a 'marquee signing' for a club of their stature so they would most likely pay him around the same, and the loan fee would cover the rest. Palace, Dortmund, Valencia have all paid loan fees varying from 1,5-3m€ for Michy before so getting around the same for this loan shouldn't be too much of a problem. 

His amortisation value is already close to zero after 5 years on the books so with a loan fee and Besiktas paying a part of his wages it should be just enough to cover for his full salary so the club 'break even' with Michy for the 21/22 season.

At the moment, aside from the very few top clubs, there isn't really any money in the transfer market to be spent. By doing the good old 'extension + loan' trick the club are banking on the transfer market recovering from covid enough so there's someone willing to buy him next year for around 10m€.

I think our incoming business is likely done. Any highly ranked midfielder is surely impossible this late in the window and it seems like we can’t offload Zouma so Koundé doesn’t seem likely anymore.

Bet the club will wait until the market is more favorable next summer to reinforce the last couple of positions of need.

18 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

when Bats and Tammy are officially off, I will update my master list