Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

16 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

True but I hope he doesn't sign for any of our rivals in England.

Renato is on serious drugs, they think the Campeonato Brasileiro is the 4th best football league in the world, roflamoooooo

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Renato is on serious drugs, they think the Campeonato Brasileiro is the 4th best football league in the world, roflamoooooo

I don't know who is, he retweeted Everton's goals but those tweets are gone now. I added youtube videos of his goals.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

I'm not sold on Zaha yet but what gives me hope is that Mane had very similar stats in Southampton. 

Not really, Mane was already superior, plus Mane was only 22, 23, 24yo at SOTON, (we would be buying a soon to be 28yo Zaha if we buy him in the summer) and he already had big scoring years before that (granted in a small league). Up until last season (and 10 goals all comps is hardly a massive haul, Pedro had 13 last year) Zaha had never scored in double digits at top-flight level, nor even in the Championship.

Mane

eb9cdd28940a9df4beae7748848bbc70.png

Zaha

1cae1ccd7ab4bee13eace1db5ee4b186.png

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Not really, Mane was already superior, plus Mane was only 22, 23, 24yo at SOTON, (we would be buying a soon to be 28yo Zaha if we buy him in the summer) and he already had big scoring years before that (granted in a small league). Up until last season (and 10 goals all comps is hardly a massive haul, Pedro had 13 last year) Zaha had never scored in double digits at top-flight level, nor even in the Championship.

Mane

eb9cdd28940a9df4beae7748848bbc70.png

Zaha

1cae1ccd7ab4bee13eace1db5ee4b186.png

I'm compering Mane's two seasons in Southampton with Zaha's last two seasons in Palace. 

Mane 21 goals and 9 assists =30

Zaha 19 goals and 8 assists =27

Similar level of clubs. Zaha could benefit from playing in bigger team with better team mates. With CHO and Pulisic we definitely need some more experienced winger. Of course I'd rather have Sancho here but if we are really after Zaha I'm just trying to look as positive as possible. 

24 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I'm compering Mane's two seasons in Southampton with Zaha's last two seasons in Palace. 

Similar level of clubs. Zaha could benefit from playing in bigger team with better team mates. With CHO and Pulisic we definitely need some more experienced winger. Of course I'd rather have Sancho here but if we are really after Zaha I'm just trying to look as positive as possible. 

You are cherry-picking seasons

Mane's 10 and 15 goal years were his first ever top-flight seasons in a major league

Zaha scored zero and 4 goals his first 2 top flight seasons, and had TWO league goals in 34 EPL games his third, 6 EPL goals in his first 79 EPL games (and he was hardly a teen, he was 21, 22, 23yo)

He is still far from setting the league on fire, since those first 3 years, he has 26 league goals in 102 games plus 5 non EPL games and in those 5 games he scored zero goals in them

I cannot recco Zaha for £80m.

It is an outrageous over-valuation, especially as we would only get 2 full sub 30yo seasons out of him.

23 minutes ago, the wes said:

According to Football London , Chelsea have at least £230m in the summer to play with after some huge player sales in the previous transfer window - and £170m in January.

So £400m total? 

I cannot see that happening. 

I could see us possibly buying a player in January if we're allowed and then possibly a budget of around £120-150m in the summer plus whatever we sell.

1 hour ago, the wes said:

There's big wages to give out after letting senior players go 

Wages figures via Spotrac

Eden Hazard - £225,000

Cesc Fabregas (left in January) - £156,000

David Luiz - £120,000

Gary Cahill - £100,000

Rob Green - £25,000

Total - £626,000 per week

Plus Higuain/Morata

Hope those figures are close to correct........we need quality additions asap. We need to bounce back and show this is Chels. I had way up to my neck with those cunts in pool and city getting sucked everyday and fighting for big honours.

23 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

It won't make sense to splurge on winger when we have glaring need in midfield. 

2 hours ago, communicate said:

It won't make sense to splurge on winger when we have glaring need in midfield. 

Hmm... We are linked with players in every other position except GK and midfielder. And if you read this thread you can see everyone speaking about CB, LB, RB, wingers and strikers. Majority of us are happy with Kante, Jorginho, RLC, Kovacic, Mount and Barkley as bench option. What type of midfielder you think we need?