Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

12 minutes ago, whats happening said:

if the club is deciding between extending willian or bringing in sancho...i dont know...

also why is everyone saying we need a dm? jorginho is our dm and he is our best player this season, we dont need a replacment. jorginho+kante+ 1 more (mount, rlc, kovacic) for next season is enough for both tactics.

also, how is chillwell defensively?

we need tp bring in a DMF thi summer or next to groom and to give a rock rib option for a game we play fall back

dump Barkley, replace with a hybrid DMF/CMF like the more than likely potential superstar (and so young, he only turns 17 in 5 days) Camavinga

he will be a difference maker for ages and better to pay £50-60m or so than 125m or more down the road

the lad is otherworldly in talent

he single handedly destroyed a superb PSG team

Kante is the ULTIMATE mentor to him

16-Year-Old Eduardo Camavinga's Man Of The Match Highlights Vs PSG Are Out Of This World

https://www.sportbible.com/football/reactions-take-a-bow-16-year-old-eduardo-camavinga-put-on-a-masterclass-against-psg-20190819

Image result for Camavinga psg

18 minutes ago, whats happening said:

if the club is deciding between extending willian or bringing in sancho...i dont know...

also why is everyone saying we need a dm? jorginho is our dm and he is our best player this season, we dont need a replacment. jorginho+kante+ 1 more (mount, rlc, kovacic) for next season is enough for both tactics.

also, how is chillwell defensively?

IMO we need a proper old fashioned dm as a special team utility player. An imposing presence and hard tackler. Not to start games regularly but for situtations were we are threatened to get physically dominated by the oppostion or need to shut down shop. Ideally this guy could also play football. Someone like Rodri or younger Javi Martinez would be ideal. 

Chilwell is a solid enough defender. better than Emerson and Alonso

1 hour ago, whats happening said:

you think you can buy a player, a good player, and say to him 'hey youre gonna play only when we are needed a physically stronger midfield, but if not, youre sitting on the bench'...i dont think so.

There surely are tons of players who are down to this, the question is if there are good enough. But that is what you have scouts for. Javi Martinez has essentially been playing that role in Bayern for years. Mikel did it for us for ages. Casemiro s also not always playing when he is not needed. 

8 hours ago, killer1257 said:

I want Ziyech as our right winger. I think he is better than Sancho and he offers so much creativity and he is a Master at taking set pieces

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

I like his awareness, delivery, set pieces, overall skillfulness and the fact that he is left footed. But he is a tad too unathletic for the style we are playing and does not contribute enough defensively. No wonder Azpi had so much attacking join down his side. He is also one of those players who tend to stay too long on the ball although not as bad as with Barkley. 

Apparently he had a release clause of just €30m in the summer which no club was willing to pay. Bayern even were in talks but declined. That smells a bit fishy. 

10 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I like his awareness, delivery, set pieces, overall skillfulness and the fact that he is left footed. But he is a tad too unathletic for the style we are playing and does not contribute enough defensively. No wonder Azpi had so much attacking join down his side. He is also one of those players who tend to stay too long on the ball although not as bad as with Barkley. 

Apparently he had a release clause of just €30m in the summer which no club was willing to pay. Bayern even were in talks but declined. That smells a bit fishy. 

He does look a good player and it seems slightly crazy that someone did not take that £30m option. However, I think in general most Chelsea fans want Sancho because he is exciting, has a high ceiling, is English and is a Chelsea fan. 

Problem with Sancho is going to be cost. In my opinion, he is someone we should be looking to get in 2021 or 2022 as he would only be 21-22 at that point and he would either be in his final year or out of contract, whilst he is already playing at a very high level so it is not like he needs to move to improve. Further, we can keep Willian to keep the fort in the mean time (well for 2020-21 anyway.) 

The main player we should be looking at for this Summer is Werner but as always happens with very good German players, he will probably end up in Munich. 

Lampard on January signings...

https://talksport.com/football/626019/frank-lampard-exclusive-transfer-plans-embargo-appeal/

“I will cross that bridge when I come to it,” Lampard told Jim White. “I am very happy with what I’ve got, but it is something we would always look to at Chelsea.

“Can we improve in areas and only do business if we can improve and it feels it is the right thing for the group.

“Not just personnel wise, but in the balance and the way we are going.

“I will look at that one, but at the moment I can’t ask for any more.

“It’s nice that what happens at the appeal is really down the list of my priorities at the minute. The real priority is going game to game and trying to improve all the time.”

I would not really mind having one unathletic player in our starting 11. He just offers something else. He is in his prime and we sometimes lack in creativity and he would offer that to us as a right winger. For instance, Bernardo Silva is a very creative right winger and he can always see a great pass and create a big chance

I just think that the Top clubs just thought he was not good enough.

4 hours ago, killer1257 said:

I would not really mind having one unathletic player in our starting 11. He just offers something else. He is in his prime and we sometimes lack in creativity and he would offer that to us as a right winger. For instance, Bernardo Silva is a very creative right winger and he can always see a great pass and create a big chance

I just think that the Top clubs just thought he was not good enough.

How un-athletic are you talking about here? Because someone like Matic, for example, would struggle badly with Lampard is trying to implement in this team. 

5 hours ago, King Kante said:

He does look a good player and it seems slightly crazy that someone did not take that £30m option. However, I think in general most Chelsea fans want Sancho because he is exciting, has a high ceiling, is English and is a Chelsea fan. 

Problem with Sancho is going to be cost. In my opinion, he is someone we should be looking to get in 2021 or 2022 as he would only be 21-22 at that point and he would either be in his final year or out of contract, whilst he is already playing at a very high level so it is not like he needs to move to improve. Further, we can keep Willian to keep the fort in the mean time (well for 2020-21 anyway.) 

The main player we should be looking at for this Summer is Werner but as always happens with very good German players, he will probably end up in Munich. 

Sorry mate but waiting till 2021-22 aint happening. He will be in City or something like that by then if we dont pull the trigger.

24 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Werner and Sancho should be prime and realistic targets. Especially if we qualify for CL

Then a DM and a LB to replace Alonso. 

I think the games moving on from pure sitting DM's, the fact Declan Rice is considered one of the best at that role says it all. The way to go is b2b midfielders and DLP's.

As for LB on paper Telles would be a class signing but there must be a reason he's coming up 27 and his only shot at a major league was a loan to Inter.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I think the games moving on from pure sitting DM's, the fact Declan Rice is considered one of the best at that role says it all. The way to go is b2b midfielders and DLP's.

As for LB on paper Telles would be a class signing but there must be a reason he's coming up 27 and his only shot at a major league was a loan to Inter.

Telles has same weakness with Alonso, he is very suspect defensively and personally i would rather go for Grimaldo.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

His release clause is now only £35m, so is we strike out on Chilwell (what a blow if we do) he is, even though 27yo (turns 27 in 5 weeks) a great buy, unless we can pull Gaya (who will cost close to Chilwell quid)

we simply desperately need to upgrade at our fullbacks, if Reece is injured (dog forbid and he still is a year or two away from hitting his full time stride peak) I rate none of them as starting level quality for a team remotely thinking about titles

I think we still can get around £55-60m total for Azpi and Alonso (a huge drop from the near £90m we could have had for them if we sold them in summer 2018)

The bans FUCKED us (ironically helped us overall, IMHO though as crazy as that sounds) on Ferland Mendy and Renan Lodi, and TBH, all this SHOULD have been irrelevant if we had just slammed the deal home in summer 2015 or 2016 or even 2017 and grabbed Alex Sandro (too old to buy now as he turns 30 in the middle of next season)

also a brand new option

a left footed 20yo CB (4 year starter, since he was 17)

Malang Sarr of Nice, who I have been tracking for years as a CB

was been switched to LB at times this year

nice size (1.82cm) super pace

might be worth another (we have scouted him before as a CB) look

Image result for Malang Sarr

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

His release clause is now only £35m, so is we strike out on Chilwell (what a blow if we do) he is, even though 27yo (turns 27 in 5 weeks) a great buy, unless we can pull Gaya (who will cost close to Chilwell quid)

That's my worry though. In theory he's an top signing (him and James would rival Robertson/Trent in terms of attacking play from what I've seen of him) but there must be a reason no one's biting when it comes to him, whether it's because his defensive game as @Blues Forever has pointed out isn't particularly strong or something deeper.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

That's my worry though. In theory he's an top signing (him and James would rival Robertson/Trent in terms of attacking play from what I've seen of him) but there must be a reason no one's biting when it comes to him, whether it's because his defensive game as @Blues Forever has pointed out isn't particularly strong or something deeper.

I think we need to go ALL out on Chilwell

he is the only one who checks every box possible (other than scoring much)

I saw Grimaldo mentioned, he is the same in my book at Telles, just a little less than 3 years younger (a good thing) BUT is very short (9 cms shorter than Telles) and will be dominated by the physicality and size of the EPL and they both are in a shit league, plus his release clause is £55m, and Benfica said ZERO chance he goes for a penny under

José Gayà , in summer 2018, renewed his contract and has a 100m euro release clause, so that is a NO GO unless Valencia can be talked down

my number one target last year was Junior Firpo, but Barc snapped him up and he is now completely off the board, they STOLE him for only £17m (as his contract was running down)

he would have been a monster here under Lamps, and that was another ban killer blow (although he would have been hard to pull from Barca, as he is Spanish-raised Dominican Republic

IF we agree to say no to Telles, then it really is Chilwell or bust, unless Malang Sarr blows up as an LB (which would be ideal, as he certainly has the size and pace to be an EPL monster there)

Shitty are going to do anything they can to snatch Chilwell I fear, as Pep is at wit's end with Benjamin Mendy (IF we could grab him on the cheap, he might be worth a role of the dice, as he is big and fast and might actually be a better fit here than Shitty, but I am so so paranoid of him, as he seems a trouble maker)

LB and RW are NIGHTMARE positions to fill IF we miss the top two targets (Chilwell and Sancho) Plus Shitty have right of first refusal on Sancho (to make it even more complicated)

It is clear that both Pulisic and CHO are vastly better on the left, so that is sorted for years and years, but Willian only has but so many more seasons left, I get the bad feeling after this year he may completely collapse (he will be bloody 32, and look at so so so many 32 yo wingers not named CR7 and/or Messi) Ribery (who is 36) is literally (if you still count him) the ONLY other decent winger over 31 in Europe. Callejón has hit the wall at 32 years of age. Payet too. They are both shadows of what they once were. Once Pedro leaves the only EPL wingers older than Willian are Robert Snodgrass and Aaron Lennon. That is it, literally.

I have a really bad feeling that Zouma (Lamps is mesmerised with him from all appearances), Willian, Azpi, and Alonso (if we fail on Chilwell) are all going to be here next year

Pedro and Giroud will be gone, and HOPEFULLY we sell ALL the dregs out on loan. Barkley needs to go too, whilst he can still get sorta big money

If we fail on grabbing Chilwell and Sancho, I see no obvious buys, and IF we do not sell Zouma (and/or AC) I do not see us buying the desperately needed WC CB (Konate or Romganoli at the top of the list) either. Werner is 98% going to Bayern, I do not see why anyone puts him up as a legit target, so CF is a coin toss too. (I would SO try and make a deal with Watford for João Pedro, especially if they get relegated) OR even better IMHO (another new one) Erling Håland, a 19yo Norwegian beast (1.94m, strong as a bull, with a wicked shot, has 23 goals and 6 assists in only 17 games, including 7 goals in the CL) from RB Salzburg, and he was born in Leeds, so counts as a homegrown (he is the son of the Norwegian former Nottingham Forest, Leeds United and Manchester City defender Alf-Inge Håland.)

For MF, I am afraid that we are locked in on moving for Declan Rice (not a bad buy, just will be so so costly), and will not even give a look at the so affordable (only £45m realease) absolute peak beast Thomas Partey or the two wunderkind (especially Camavinga (who can be a superstar youth buy) and also Florentino , who is going to get snagged by Shitty I think, IF they can agree a price with the Benfica cunts)

(å is aa in English spelling for Norwegian and Swedish)

the world is coming for him this summer :(

66567282d96e3b7c4f64a64f278f7b72.png3f517bc3924b7d3ee496fc0505c04a5c.png

Image result for Erling Håland

'