Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Dias's release clause was raised to around £80m this summer and Florentino's (was my DMF target for eventual Kante replacement) to £108m. :(

Benfica doesn't fuck about.

https://lastwordonfootball.com/2019/09/10/benfica-centre-back-ruben-dias-on-premier-league-transfer-radar/

I don't understand why players sign contracts like that with huge release clauses it puts big clubs off them I understand if the player is world class but Dias is nowhere near VVD level 

1 minute ago, the wes said:

I don't understand why players sign contracts like that with huge release clauses it puts big clubs off them I understand if the player is world class but Dias is nowhere near VVD level 

leverage

there are not that many remotely available CB's worth more than Dias

and some of these are a huge stretch to call available

Kalidou Koulibaly  
José Giménez   (2nd least available on thsi list, but still my number one want)
Raphaël Varane (least available on this list)   
Marquinhos    
Milan Skriniar    
Alessio Romagnoli    
Ibrahima Konaté 

that is it IMHO (and KK is too old next summer to worth the insane price the poison dwarf will still demand)

On 13/09/2019 at 11:15 PM, killer1257 said:

Is this Dias guy worth that money? Is he better than Romagnoli, Skriniar or Konate?

not worth £80m IMHO but after 

José Giménez   (2nd least available on this list, but still my number one want)
Raphaël Varane (least available on this list)   
Marquinhos    
Milan Skriniar    
Alessio Romagnoli    
Ibrahima Konaté

he is the next one I rate who is remotely available (KK being to old next summer for the price)

£60m is fair market value, but I get the feeling Benfica will play hardball and demand the full £80m

I would love to buy Romagnoli and Konate (or Skriniar and Konate, but Shitty will pull Skriniar I think)

but could so live with Dias and Konate as well

no matter what Zouma has got to go, and perhaps Tomori too (if he does not come good this year or next)

IF I knew we were buying THREE CB's off that list (or maybe 2 off that list (Dias as one of those would not matter to me) and then maybe a CB like Evan N'Dicka or Nikola Milenkovic or Jonathan Tah or Dan Axel Zagadou, I would even sanction a sale of AC, IF a great offer came in.

• 1 month later...
On 8/10/2019 at 1:51 PM, Tomo said:

Blimey, a post where you're not slagging off Kovacic :o

Like I had said before. It was not the content, but the timing of the post which was so off.

I still think that its way too early to even be discussing summer transfer targets. But we atleast have a something to base it on.

GK - IF we dont decide to give willy an extension, then sure. Otherwise NO.

CB - What we have are showing to be very good. AC has been good whenever given a shot. Zouma is going from strength to strength I feel. Tomori has a mistake in him, but at the same time, been our best CB. And we dont even have our best CB option fit yet - RUDI. All in all, anyone getting the boot would be very unfair. the season is still long, but as of this moment, I would go for consistency and keep the same 4.

RB - James and Azpi are good options, would not change it.

LB - I would definitely sell alonso and buy a quality LB

DM/CM - This is weird. With kante being injured so much, you have to think if this is just bad luck or if his style of play is catching up. A 120mil bid from PSG/RM/JUve might not be a bad thing to consider. I know Kante is our ONLY world class player, BUT he will be 29 till summer, and we dont know what are the reasons for all these injuries. Anyways, Barkley, Bakayoko should defo be the first names on the OUT list and they will fetch a decent 60 mil. Enough to buy a quality DM partner/back up for Jorginho. Kova himself has been very good this season. We have the likes of Gilmour, Gallagher coming through, but an year of PL loan spells might be good for them. 

CAM - Mount and RLC should be set. hopefully RLC comes back without losing much from this horrible injury. 

RW - I would sell both Willian and Pedro and buy ziyech along with promoting anjorin as the 4th choice winger.

LW - CHO and pulisic.

ST -  Tammy has been brilliant. Not at all impressed by bats. Giroud will definitely leave. So will need a back up and ugbo as 3rd.

So my window will be:

Outs - Barkley (35mil) , Bakayoko (25mil) , Pedro (Free) , Alonso (20mil) , Drinkwater (Free) , Morata (50mil) , Moses (Free) , Pasalic (10mil) , MvG (Free), Baker (free), Zappacosta (10mil), baba rahman (5mil), Piazon (free), Castillo (5mil), Musonda (5mil), Kenedy (5mil), Miazga (5mil), batshuayi (30mil), willian (free) etc ~ 200mil

Ins - LB (chillwell 60mil), RW (ziyech 50mil), 2nd striker (40mil)

Squad:

GK: Kepa, Willy, 3rd GK

CB: Rudi, Zouma, Ac, Tomori

LB: Emerson, chilwell

DM/CM: Jorginho, Kante, Kova, gilmour

CAM: Mount, RLC

LW: CHO, pulisic

RW: ziyech, anjorin

ST: Tammy, Werner/2nd striker, ugbo

Loans: Conor (PL level), Ampadu (lets call him back and give him a good loan spell by Jan), JCS, Maatsen, Dujon, Chalobah, Gallagher - considering the 8 loanee rule applies from the next season.  

So not much of a change. Keep the core intact and build on it. 

Few months ago, I thought Nathan Ake was nailed on to take Zouma's place in the squad because of the buy-back price. 

But now I am getting greedier. I would love it if the club gets a beast centre-back to play alongside Rudiger. To have Tomori as a rotation option will be immense. 

2 hours ago, Nicco said:

I'd sell one of Zouma or Christensen and buy a top class centre back as well to be honest.

Ruben Dias/Alessio Rogmanoli... 

Soyuncu of Leicester also worth a shot but would cost shit loads of cash... 

On 22/10/2019 at 0:05 AM, NikkiCFC said:

I don't think Abraham is gonna be dropped anytime soon so we'll probably need backup option. Would you guys take Cavani for free in the summer? Still younger than Ibra when he came to Manchester. 

I don't think Cavani would be willing to come here as simply a backup option and I'm also unsure just how much the club would be willing to commit in wages and length of contract for someone of Cavani's age but I wouldn't turn him down. He would be a huge upgrade on Batshuayi and Giroud and would allow us to upgrade and freshen up our striking options without a transfer fee that can in turn be used on other areas of the squad.

I've seen him linked recently to Atletico and wouldn't be surprised if he ended up somewhere like this.

20 hours ago, Nicco said:

I'd sell one of Zouma or Christensen and buy a top class centre back as well to be honest.

For CB, unless we sell AC (and we simply MUST sell Zouma next summer, he is never going to be good enough) I have only one want there, and it is now amongst the most important needs on the team, A TRULY WC CB. (with winger a close second, and a cracking young actual DMF like Florentino of Benfica or  Camavinga of Stade Rennais (my number one choice, he is a potential Mbappe level (albeit different positions) freak and only 16) OR go vet route and buy the superb Thomas Partey from Atleti, who only has a £45m release clause and is worth 75 to 80m )

I have posted my choices multiple times

Romagnoli

Ibrahima Konaté (probably my first choice, he is a BEAST, so big, tall, strong, pacey, a terror) 

Skriniar (Shitty will go all out for him, Conte will fight to keep)

Giminez

Marquinhos

and maybe Dias

Koulibally is now too old to buy next summer (he turns 29yo in June, so not worth the €100m or so that the poison dwarf will still demand).

We simply must have 4 quality CB's (Zouma, as stated, needs to GO, he is not good enough, not close) if we are serious about being a top 5 to 10 in the world team, and other than Rudiger (who is top 20 or so but not top 10) we do not have that KILLER one now. Tomori may get there, but do we really want to roll with only him, Rudiger and AC? My answer is NO. IF one of those 3 goes down, we then have NO quality backup/rotational CB's. I do not (and here I am probably falling into another poster's 'blocking youth' paradigm) rate Ampadu as a CB at the moment. He is getting zero minutes at RB Leipzig (a bad loan destination which I called as soon as I saw it) and I see his future in MF anyway. I think of all the positions, my predictive track record for all teams in terms of their CB's is rather good.

I alone or close to alone (from what I have seen) predicted the nightmare for Shitty they now face, and that was PRE Laporte injury. Losing him for 6 or 8 months really is going to fuck them hard. I said the same for Arse and Manure as well, and well... Luiz, roflmaoooooo. I said Barca will have issues as well, due to their swing and a big miss on De Ligt and that is being born out now too (Umiti is injured yet again, leaving a 19yo Jean-Clair Todibo as their only backup). Victimpool has been saved by the elevation to near WC by Matip (not exactly out of nowhere, but still Klopp has turned him into a monster, beyond what I thought possible, Gomez's injury was a strange type of godsend for the Bindippers, as it truly unleashed Matip to go full-blown beast mode at a point in his career that usually doesn't see such upward moves in terms of quality of play.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/10/2019 at 0:20 PM, Nicco said:

My perspective on CB's has completely changed since August.

With Tomori surprising and Zouma stepping up it's suddenly gone well down on the list of needs in my eyes. Unless a VVD level CB becomes available i think we should prioritize elsewhere.

First post but longer term lurker. I think transfer wise there is still a bit to do at the club and Granny needs to ensure that we go hard for the right positions and players. Imo, we are probably 3-4 players away from being a great team that can challenge for the PL but it will require us to get things right. 

If I were in charge, I would look at the following positions: 

1) CB - I still think position is still an issue, even with the recent upturn in performances. For me, Rudi is a big, big concern regarding injury as he has had three knee injuries in his career and he still sounds like he is some way off with his current one. Zouma also fails to convince me that he is a long term CB1/2. AC and Tomori for me are still good prospects, although AC needs to step up his intensity and physicality this year. As a result, I think we should be looking to buy a CB for the first XI.

In regards to signings, I think Dias is a good shout and I believe his sign out is €80m not £80m which make him just above the going rate. Personally, I think he has a lot of potential and is more importantly obtainable owing to his fixed buyout. After that Romagnoli would be my other choice but he is difficult to get as he is Milan's main man. KK is now too old and expensive. 

2) CF - Giroud will be gone soon and Bats is a good 3rd choice option who only handy in the box except for the odd flash here and there. Personally, I would have Bats stay as 3rd choice but would be ok with him leaving. In regards to signings, Werner here has to be the one we go after and should be our No.1 target as he has a €30m buy out and he can play AM as well as CF which gives flexibility with Tammy and the situation at AM. Mbappe in my opinion is going to Real so everyone can forget about him. As for Neymar he can jog on with his attitude. 

AM - Pedro will not be here next season and Willian is questionable. That leaves us with CHO and Puli. If we could get Werner, I would maybe think about giving Willian (if Bats stays as CF3) an extra year as I think CHO, Puli, Werner and Willian would be ok, although maybe a little light. Sancho here has to be the long term target and if handled properly I do not think he will be as expensive as everyone thinks as he only has two years left in the Summer. Personally, I reckon it may be worth waiting until 2021 to get him as he is only 19, playing week in, week out for a big team and at that point would be a lot cheaper. 

4) CM. I do not think the balance in the squad is quite right at the moment and I can see Granny wanting to take £100m+ if we were to get such an offer for Kante (he is my fav player so not something I want to see.) Further, RLC looks like a player that will never be fit consitently and Barkley should be sold asap. As a result, I think we will need to buy a more physical midfield player. Options here for me would be Nditi (hard, owing to Leicester's situation) Milinkovic Savic (will be sold this summer) or Harvetz (heir to Ballack.)

5) FB. These positions are somewhere I expect to see something happen but I am not sure what exactly. Personally I am ok with Emerson and Alonso as a combo at LB as I do not see how we upgrade easily without vast expense. If however Alonso wants to go, I think we should look at Telles or Gaya. Chilwell is vastly overpriced and if Leicester get CL next season, they have zero incentive to sell unless it is stupid money. 

At RB, things are probably more difficult. James is still yet to be blooded and Dave is the captain in a very inexperienced squad. Obviously, Dave going forward is a big issue but we do not know where James is really at. RB is still at a wait and see situation in my book. 

11 hours ago, Tomo said:

My perspective on CB's has completely changed since August.

With Tomori surprising and Zouma stepping up it's suddenly gone well down on the list of needs in my eyes. Unless a VVD level CB becomes available i think we should prioritize elsewhere.

Which ones though? Rb is set. Cm/cam has jorginho, kova, Kante. Rlc yet to come and gilmour and Gallagher might be able to take a step up.

Wingers we have Cho, puli, willian. A Sancho type player (100mil expense) would mean an automatic starter. 

Same goes for ST. Tammy has earned a starting position for the next year. 

I see a lot of posts saying we need 3-4 big players which seems heavily exaggerated. This is not a squad of 26+ players. It's a young squad which will get better on its own. Tammy, Reece, Cho, puli, mount will get better which will improve the team too. 

My only buys would be a LB (selling Alonso) and a 2nd striker/competition for tammy. While keeping the core same, and selling Alonso, Pedro, Barkley, giroud, batshuayi from the current squad and baka, Baker, miazga, baba, drink water, Zappa, etc from the loan army

48 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Which ones though? Rb is set. Cm/cam has jorginho, kova, Kante. Rlc yet to come and gilmour and Gallagher might be able to take a step up.

Wingers we have Cho, puli, willian. A Sancho type player (100mil expense) would mean an automatic starter. 

Same goes for ST. Tammy has earned a starting position for the next year. 

I see a lot of posts saying we need 3-4 big players which seems heavily exaggerated. This is not a squad of 26+ players. It's a young squad which will get better on its own. Tammy, Reece, Cho, puli, mount will get better which will improve the team too. 

My only buys would be a LB (selling Alonso) and a 2nd striker/competition for tammy. While keeping the core same, and selling Alonso, Pedro, Barkley, giroud, batshuayi from the current squad and baka, Baker, miazga, baba, drink water, Zappa, etc from the loan army

I think at CM, we need a bigger/more physical player in there as we are quite lightweight. RLC does not look like he will ever be fit for a season/be able to play 90 minutes consistently, whilst Barkley is not good enough. CF, we need real competition for Tammy and if we were to get a player like Werner he could also play AM. AM requires at least four players for a long season, whilst I personally want Sancho I would be happy to wait another year owing to him only having two left at the end of this year. At CB Rudi is a concern with the amount of injuries he has had in his career, whilst for a lot of people Zouma is not good enough and the jury is still out on AC. At both LB and RB we do need another attacking FB but for who and which side is still open for debate. 

Another thing to remember is that this season still has a lot of football to be played before we can say where we are exactly and to know if the squad is deep enough. One thing we also want to avoid is to not fall into the Le Arse trap of thinking we will just use the young boys and not win anything for now as in a couple of years they will all be stars. 

Think we still need 4-5 signings next summer: LB (not convinced with Alonso), CB (Rudiger is injury prone and still not convinced with Zouma and Christensen), RW (Replacement for Willian and Pedro), ST (Replacement for Giroud and Batshuayi), and AM (If RLC is still injury prone).

LB: Chilwell, Gaya, Telles, Grimaldo, Digne 

CB: Romagnoli, Gimenez, Konate, Dias, Upamecano

AM (Optional): Havertz, Aouar, Odegaard, Fernandes

RW: Sancho, Chiesa, Ziyech, Bergwijn

ST: Werner, Haaland, Lautaro