Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Another good way to score more goals and most logical is to play players who are more likely to score. 

Werner/Mount last season played over 8000mins combined and scored 17 non penalty goals. 

Havertz/Ziyech for example less than 4500mins and scored 15 goals.  

Difference in minutes played is around 3600mins which is exactly 40 games. 

So if these players continue their ineffectiveness in front of the goal and TT keeps playing them over others he is basically saying: I don't want to score more goals. 

18 minutes ago, Jas said:

Can't believe we're actually flexing our financial muscle over Lukaku of all players..

I would rather not sign a new forward than have Lukaku.

Lukaku would want to start every game. He's not going to be a squad option. 

And I can't see how he would fit in this team for every game.

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Martinez might help since he doesn't want to renew, they would want to sell him first before Lukaku.

Think it's clear that the club want an out-and-out #9 and not another second ST. 

I could maybe have been strong armed into seeing the positive side of this if he didn't have an ego the size of Russia.

I fear at one point it will become painfully clear we are a better team with Havertz at false 9 and we will either keep playing Rom despite the detriment to the team or drop him which will be a nightmare for dressing room morale given his track record of wanting the silver spoon, not sure which would be worse.