Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

On 28/06/2024 at 19:55, Magic Lamps said:

22m add ons already included for Hutch is tragic. We would be paying 50m+ if it was the other way round. But I have long lost all hope we will ever have a smart transfer strategy under this ownership. Kieran Mehsbury Hall who is older and has worse PL stats than Conor...

completely agree

On 28/06/2024 at 20:19, whats happening said:

Would rather let him walk for free than give half of the money to arsenal.

Other reports giving Arsenal's share as 10 to 15% of the final figure including any add-ons achieved.

On 28/06/2024 at 03:35, Mhsc said:

Dewsbury-Hall is a weird target but I guess I can kind of see the logic, if we can sell Gallagher for decent money (£45m+) and get Deswbury-Hall for £25m it is immensely helpful for the books. He would not be an exciting signing but he has just had a good season, knows the system and I can see an argument that he will look like an even better player with a better team around him.

Definitely feels like a move old Chelsea would make more than new Chelsea though.

Exactly why I would like this signing. 

11 hours ago, Thor said:

Anyone explain this to me? 

How are we able to spend so much where as these teams can't? 

Is it due to us historically having these sums covered? And our outgoings over all these years? And then I assume the wage thing comes into play - because a lot of people are citing that is the reason Villa is on there. 

Maybe our board is forward thinking and not getting enough credit with this wage reduction stuff?

Probably because what they lack in football knowledge, they make up in knowing how to how money and manipulate the system.

9 hours ago, Strike said:

Explains the interest in Isak. Can go back in with a 40m + Madueke offer and see if Newcastle agree.

Gordon would be perfect here,

ffs

and

I am not sold on Isak's durability, especially at an insane price of 100+m quid

6 hours ago, Pizy said:

That highly rated kid from Leeds we were linked with Archie Gray is off to….Brentford? That’s a really weird decision from him if he has ambitions of going to a big club. I know Brentford are in the PL whilst Leeds remain in the Championship but this feels like a step down for him or perhaps a side step. 

Now if he develops into the star everyone expects him to for Brentford he’ll be price out of a move to a big club. They’ll be demanding £80m or more for him.

Wonder how our teenaged wonder kid obsessed hierarchy feels about missing out on him.

would so rather have landed him than Dewsbury-Hall

Brentford close in on £40m Leeds midfielder Gray

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/cd1enxgrkxeo

Looks like Newcastle have successfully gotten themselves out of the jam and won’t have to sell either of Gordon or Isak. They’ve sold two players I’ve literally never heard of before today for big fees apparently.

I wonder if there’s some other smaller club we can take advantage of who are in PSR trouble….

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Looks like Newcastle have successfully gotten themselves out of the jam and won’t have to sell either of Gordon or Isak. They’ve sold two players I’ve literally never heard of before today for big fees apparently.

I wonder if there’s some other smaller club we can take advantage of who are in PSR trouble….

I had listed Yankuba Minteh (who was superb on loan at Feyenoord) as an available winger 2 and a half weeks ago

Elliot Anderson is a CMF who I never really targeted

he is the brother of Love Island's Wil Anderson

3 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I attend Atlanta games and watch them on TV.  Wiley is fast, crosses well, and has a motor. Not a good dribbler in tight spaces. He will get a goal here and there but he is always looking to get the ball to the forwards. He has some skill, but not a standout at anything.

c8a28dd959f685dd2b2e88e4c16d7f7e.png

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Barca

lolololol

I was wondering if maybe we should hijack that kid from Leeds even though we don’t really need him at the moment. May be the last and best chance we get at him if he’s as good as the hype suggests. I’ve seen people on Twitter saying he’s the next Declan Rice. So if he goes to Brentford and has an amazing season he’ll be the next mega expensive English player that all the Big 6 will want.

I mean, we were linked with him the other day for a reason. Maybe the club should convince him to hold off on a move until we sort of whether Dewsbury-Hall happens? Even though they’re different midfielders.

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I had listed Yankuba Minteh (who was superb on loan at Feyenoord) as an available winger 2 and a half weeks ago

Elliot Anderson is a CMF who I never really targeted

he is the brother of Love Island's Wil Anderson

It's very surprising more clubs don't scout Africa (work permits?). There are plenty of players, old and young who would thrive in Europe. Kaabi is the latest example of that.