Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Mário César said:

The way that's written is suggesting that Guardiola doesn't appeal to Olise, rather than that Olise does not appeal to Pep. Somehow I doubt that's true. In fact I doubt it's true either way round. Maybe Pys just wrote it a bit carelessly.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

27 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Musiala is probably impossible for anyone other than Real Madrid when his contract runs down a bit. 

Real is also stacked in his position. 

And with his England background I'm sure he will come to PL after Bayern. But yeah, most likely not us.

42 minutes ago, milka said:

Musiala and Wirtz are level players that we should to speak about Chelsea not Duran or brazilian unknown wonderkids .

They are on the verge, or arguably, WC talents. We just about qualified for the Conference league, so we need to keep our expectations in check. 

If (looking doubtful) we manage to regularly qualify for the CL and challenge for titles, we can look at targeting such talent again.

7 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

They are on the verge, or arguably, WC talents. We just about qualified for the Conference league, so we need to keep our expectations in check. 

If (looking doubtful) we manage to regularly qualify for the CL and challenge for titles, we can look at targeting such talent again.

Was obvious even last year they were top talents and will end up world class, instead preferred to scoop all over the earth for some noname Brazilians or average talents like Noni and Mudryk.

12 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

In years past I’d agree, but in this day and age of PSR and sustainability this and that there are probably only like 4-5 clubs in the world that could theoretically afford these players. And despite our currently diminished position we’re one of them.

Even Real Madrid won’t go out and pay 100m for anyone these days and Barca are bankrupt. Bayern don’t spend mega money on players to that degree. Really just leaves PSG and 3-4 PL clubs.

5 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Was obvious even last year they were top talents and will end up world class, instead preferred to scoop all over the earth for some noname Brazilians or average talents like Noni and Mudryk.

Feels like there’s a lot of revisionism here about Mudryk. Madueke I agree with because he looked pretty average before we even bought him and expectations were pretty lukewarm. But Mudryk was absolutely awesome before we bought him. He looked like a genuine super talent. He’s got the physical tools still to be a monster winger if he can regain his confidence.

Mudryk is a lot like Timo Werner in that they both had amazing seasons where they looked like worldies and then as soon as they moved to Chelsea they look super timid and lose all confidence. I don’t know why we have such shit luck like that.

Still, I definitely don’t think we should give up on him.

21 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Feels like there’s a lot of revisionism here about Mudryk. Madueke I agree with because he looked pretty average before we even bought him and expectations were pretty lukewarm. But Mudryk was absolutely awesome before we bought him. He looked like a genuine super talent. He’s got the physical tools still to be a monster winger if he can regain his confidence.

Mudryk is a lot like Timo Werner in that they both had amazing seasons where they looked like worldies and then as soon as they moved to Chelsea they look super timid and lose all confidence. I don’t know why we have such shit luck like that.

No he wasn't most of us wanted to sign him just to laugh at Arsenal. He barely had a season under his belt, was barely scoring, most of his reputation was build over a match or two against Real. Absurd signing all around.

They had Gvardiol and Endryk lined up and ready to come and clowns suddenly decided to backtrack on top talents, but went ahead and overpaid for Fofana with his injury record, Cucurella and the rest of the army of average talents they assembled.

They realized how dumb they were, this is why Estevao even got completed now but they still haven't learned the lesson completely going for the likes of Duran.

Edited by TheHulk

24 minutes ago, Pizy said:

You couldn't have picked a more different player for comparison. 😅
Timo works super hard and can contribute even when's he's not clicking, which unfortunately happens often; Mudryk is very lazy and useless unless he actually scores, which does not happen nearly often enough.

Mudryk had a season and a half at Chelsea, playing a lot of games; what he has done before, under completely different circumstances, shouldn't really matter anymore.

BTW, I had never heard of him prior to joining; just knew Arsenal were reportedly also interested. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by robsblubot

49 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Wirtz had a serious injury not so long ago. Just look at our track record. I'll stick with my opinion on Mudryk on this point - I still believe there's a really good player waiting to flourish. Whether we'll see at during his time here is another story.

49 minutes ago, Pizy said:

In years past I’d agree, but in this day and age of PSR and sustainability this and that there are probably only like 4-5 clubs in the world that could theoretically afford these players. And despite our currently diminished position we’re one of them.

Even Real Madrid won’t go out and pay 100m for anyone these days and Barca are bankrupt. Bayern don’t spend mega money on players to that degree. Really just leaves PSG and 3-4 PL clubs.

Money only goes so far. Musiala has an obvious connection with the club, but do you really believe he would agree to moving here in our current predicament?

Edited by LAM09

43 minutes ago, Mário César said:

I think madueke could be in the future a very useful squad player

he did very good things this season and he was very cheap 

he deserve another season 

problem is that he will not see himself as a squad player but as a starter, important player which i doubt he ever will be, with his limitations. 

42 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Wirtz had a serious injury not so long ago. Just look at our track record. I'll stick with my opinion on Mudryk on this point - I still believe there's a really good player waiting to flourish. Whether we'll see at during his time here is another story.

Money only goes so far. Musiala has an obvious connection with the club, but do you really believe he would agree to moving here in our current predicament?

Oh, I’m definitely not saying he’d want to come back here. Just that if he ever felt like moving clubs his options are extremely limited unless he runs his contract all the way down. But I don’t think he ever leaves Bayern unless it’s for Real Madrid years from now when he gets bored of the Bundesliga. 

1 hour ago, whats happening said:

problem is that he will not see himself as a squad player but as a starter, important player which i doubt he ever will be, with his limitations. 

Agreed. I like him as a sub, but can't imagine him becoming an elite big club winger with. his toolset.
Same applies to mudryk: what you see is what you get.

Has there been any reporting on what we’re going to do with Estevão until next year? He just staying at Palmeiras until then?