Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 hours ago, DDA said:

I'm over the moon don't get me wrong... but £115m is a little insane. We need him though.. and we saw how Enzo played yesterday when allowed to go forward at will. With Lavia and Caicedo to help defensively... once clicking, will be a highly dynamic midfield. 

You can't deny it... Clearlake Cap have not been fucking around. 

I'm starting to think Roman really is one of the biggest Geniuses in World football.... he has left us in the hands of people who are backing this club 110%

Yes, the price is indeed absolute madness. In the exact same way Declan Rice’s price was madness. I would say both player’s real value is probably around the £70-75m area. You throw in the fact that both are so young, still had multiple years left in their contracts, and were at clubs that weren’t in desperate needs for cash and you get hugely inflated fees.

Both clubs not having to worry about their midfields for the next handful of years makes overpaying worth it, though. Especially us. Caicedo is not even 22 yet! A couple of years younger than Rice! 

Liverpool have apparently gone up to £60m for Lavia and agreed a price with Southampton. Guess we’ll now find out both how much we want him and how much he wants us. I really want us to get him now.

Just now, Pizy said:

Liverpool have apparently gone up to £60m for Lavia and agreed a price with Southampton. Guess we’ll now find out both how much we want him and how much he wants us. I really want us to get him now.

This is exactly what I was afraid of tbh, hopefully it’s gossip and we have everything signed with Lavia - That really is our central midfield sorted for the next 10 years with Enzo, Caicedo and Lavia.

I see him ending up at Pool simply because Klopp will be in his ear about how hugely important he’d be for them straight away. Whereas for us he’d probably be gradually eased in.

Probably also comes down to length of contract offered. These players seem to really like the long term security of the 7-8 year contracts we’ve been throwing around so if we offer that to Lavia it could sway him our way.

If Liverpool think they had £111m for Caicedo then they’ve got money to outbid on Lavia, I’d assume we’d need to offer players and more cash, for the life of me I cannot understand how operating like this is acceptable ie. Not having both bids accepted/signed in tandem.