Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

9 hours ago, Clockwork said:

I am thinking about a manager who has potential to manage Chelsea, Vieira ain’t that guy.

I said the same about Cesc playing for us and fast forward he’s one of my favourite all time Chelsea players.

15 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Kinda disappointed we’ve not got a CM in yet. Really want all key signings to get a proper preseason this time. 

Could a midfield of Reece caicedo and Enzo work? I personally think Reece would be wasted in a 4atb system and has more than enough quality to play in midfield 

31 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Could a midfield of Reece caicedo and Enzo work? I personally think Reece would be wasted in a 4atb system and has more than enough quality to play in midfield 

Reece has potential to be there for sure, but he’s got to prove he’s intelligent enough to play there. I think it would be an interesting possibility with our new RB coming in. Although I love Reece have to remember his injury problems have been pretty relentless so sadly we shouldn’t expect him to be key to our plans until we see he has got past it tho. 

1 hour ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I'd really like to see James in the midfield too. He is a monster that can't get bullied, and is clean on the ball.

Not sure if those 3 together work though. 

1 hour ago, Mário César said:

link?

It's just the recycled news stating we've agreed the fixed price of 75m and are working on bonuses. 

29 minutes ago, Thor said:

I'd really like to see James in the midfield too. He is a monster that can't get bullied, and is clean on the ball.

Not sure if those 3 together work though. 

We will need to if we want to continue the 4231 with 4 attackers. To counter balance one of the wingbacks need to be inverted to help in midfield. 

43 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Surprised they’d reject 60m, I’d be inclined to think this bid is to unsettle Vlahovic into a transfer request or asking to be let go, that said, I’d take a straight swap for Rom, then I wake up… 

Surely we are not bidding 60m for Vlahovic after the season he’s just had, and their fans can’t wait to get rid of him… never heard of that source so I’ll believe it when someone serious says it.

Tbh ideal with Vlahovic would be a loan with a reasonably punchy option to buy after 1 year (like 75m). Then if we end up spending a bunch of money on him it will be because we are sure he has worked out in PL. Hard to convince Juve on that tho unless we are sending them Lukaku, as they would need money to replace him I guess.

As you would expect, Brighton are probably trying to get the price as close to Rice’s fee as they can. That’s the only thing that could be dragging this out for so long. 

We need to get it done this coming week. Absolutely HAVE to have our new midfield setup ready for the ENTIRE preseason which starts in just over 2 weeks. Caicedo + another within the next 17 days. Need to build chemistry and understand what Poch wants from them ASAP.

3 hours ago, Mhsc said:

Reece has potential to be there for sure, but he’s got to prove he’s intelligent enough to play there. I think it would be an interesting possibility with our new RB coming in. Although I love Reece have to remember his injury problems have been pretty relentless so sadly we shouldn’t expect him to be key to our plans until we see he has got past it tho. 

I think a lot of his injuries are joint problems. For me, him in a DM position would help with this as he wouldn't have to bomb up and down so much. 

Personally, with Soton getting relegated, I would be happy with us trying to get Livra back rather than try and sign 2-3 CM's. We saw this last season with the CB's. If clubs know you're absolutely desperate in one position and you try and go for one of those positions, they'll gangbang you on the price.