Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

10 minutes ago, Mário César said:

why does poch trust kepa so much?

i don't even think lee had that good a season. it was an average season.

I think they are saying these things about Kepa being number one so we don’t get fleeced buying a keeper.

4 hours ago, Cosmin said:

On paper, yes. But both are 21 y.o. 

With Enzo being 22 and Conor Gallagher 23, the average age of our midfield would be 21.75.

And that's without including the likes of Carney, Casadei, or Santos.

I cannot remember a team making it to top 4 with such a young midfield. We need experience. 

Depends on experience..we had plenty this last few years and well...led us to down to the depths of being the 6th best London club. I think we should have some older players in the mix but more so because currently having players of the same age means there is no natural turnover during the coming years.young players will lose heart when there's big money signings joining at the same age as them.

14 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I think they are saying these things about Kepa being number one so we don’t get fleeced buying a keeper.

That makes sense.. it’s like the situation with Courtois. After he left every team knew we needed a keeper so we overpaid for Kepa

Honestly, I’m past caring about the goalkeeper position at this point. If we improve the midfield and attack further up the pitch Kepa can be serviceable for another season. If our attackers and midfielders are pressing, controlling the run of play, and scoring goals then Kepa will face fewer threats. He’s got a couple of glaring weaknesses (commanding his area on corners and crosses + letting in long shots due to his short arms) that can be mitigated significantly if we are the ones dominating games and taking those opportunities away from opponents.

100% of the focus needs to be on midfield and attack right now and if some sort of deal for a keeper becomes a possibility later in the window we can move then. 

16 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He’s got a couple of glaring weaknesses (commanding his area on corners and crosses + letting in long shots due to his short arms) that can be mitigated significantly if we are the ones dominating games and taking those opportunities away from opponents.

And even that it's a overreaction by fans. How many long distance screamers he concedes? Two or three per season. Big deal. Set pieces also, I don't recall we suffered a lot. 

40 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Szoboszlai and AMA both more attacking midfielders. Kinda weird Klopp took both. 

They already have Jota, Salah, and Luis Diaz. Plus Darwin who for some reason seems to play better from wide than centrally. Kinda weird that they’re going for more attacking mids.

Kinda annoyed that they’re getting Szoboszlai, though. He feels like the usual Klopp attacker who will come in and immediately look awesome like so many usually do.

5 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Ffs

Whatever remaining value that chap had just went up in smoke.
That’s 2 more years of paying disabled support. 
On a plus side maybe he can guide the incoming youngsters … the way to the physio facilities. 

19 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

Zaha becomes free agent tomorrow i read. 
Worth a shot to give the squad more depth?

Yes should definitely be making an offer, him and Madueke would be perfect balance of youth and experience for RW. But loads of clubs will be offering him so I doubt he'll come here on terms we'll agree to.