Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

I don't know.

Maybe the same reason why Kai, Kovacic and plenty of others are willing to jump ship so easily?

I really hope I'm wrong on this, but there is something wrong (or was wrong) with the culture at the club last season.

Partly the players fault, but for so many of them to act this way, shows something else.

Hopefully Pochettino can change all of that.

This!

Frank Lampard has said he has "no problem" with Chelsea's owners visitingthe dressing room after Todd Boehly told the squad their season

Maybe Frank and Potter are OK with it, but players aren't? Never heard of this practice before tbh. Presidents, owners, usually stay clear unless something major is going on, like a big final. Perhaps not this exclusively, but consider that the established players who want out have experienced a much different dressing room "etiquette" in the past--one they may vastly prefer.

Edited by robsblubot

If Mason Mount stays, he is going to try and do his best for Chelsea, but then leave on a free agent next summer, this is the only way for Mason Mount. (

There's no point to stay and ''do his best for the club'' he has already left the club in his mind . Get the money now and move on.

3 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

I don't know.

Maybe the same reason why Kai, Kovacic and plenty of others are willing to jump ship so easily?

I really hope I'm wrong on this, but there is something wrong (or was wrong) with the culture at the club last season.

Partly the players fault, but for so many of them to act this way, shows something else.

Hopefully Pochettino can change all of that.

@Blue Armour

or maybe the players just don't have that connection with the club?    

I doubt Cech, Lampard, Terry, Drogba and various other players would have been eager to join Arsenal/United in their prime years. 

These boys want to jump ship to our rivals at the end of a pathetic season rather than fighting through it.....easy to see why we finished in the bottom half of the table. 

4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Money Mase 🤣 Jesus christ. Sorry but how thick can you be?

We are the ones haggling with United over the sake of £3m plus some add ons…. Theres a £55m offer on the table, he wants to go, United willing to match the 200k p/w contract offer we were willing to give him.

Yet hes a money grabber….. have a day off. 

If he wasn't a money grabber, he would have signed the deal at Chelsea and shown an interest in continuing to be the academy player to follow for years to come.   All this boils down to Mason not getting the same wage packet offer as Reece.   Think Tammy Abraham said something similar when he was looking to sign a contract extension (mentioning that he wanted to be on par with CHO's wages) and then the following season Roma give us a solid offer. 

6 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I think Caicedo is going to get even more attention once Rice is off the market. I hope waiting until July doesn’t bite us.

Another former youth/development player goes for mega bucks. 

7 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I think Caicedo is going to get even more attention once Rice is off the market. I hope waiting until July doesn’t bite us.

Another former youth/development player goes for mega bucks. 

£105m for Rice just feels mind blowing. I rate him and would take him at Chelsea but that’s just an insane price for someone whose only elite attribute is his work rate. Not an elite passer, not a great goal scorer, not really a player who can dictate an entire match with the ball at his feet.

Feels like smart scouts could find 15 DM’s around Europe that can do Rice’s job just as well. He’s a very good player but doesn’t seem like a special player like our £100m midfielder does.

Can you imagine what a prime, early 20’s Kante would cost in this market if he were moving from a small PL club to a big one in 2023? 😳😳😳

56 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

If he wasn't a money grabber, he would have signed the deal at Chelsea and shown an interest in continuing to be the academy player to follow for years to come.   All this boils down to Mason not getting the same wage packet offer as Reece.   Think Tammy Abraham said something similar when he was looking to sign a contract extension (mentioning that he wanted to be on par with CHO's wages) and then the following season Roma give us a solid offer. 

He rejected 2 offers made at the beginning of the season as it was reported he wanted a similar deal/same deal as Reece financially which I think, he was probably entitled to ask for. And probably one that, you’d of expected the club to make to him. Think it was for 7 years too which was an issue initially.

Then there was a third offer made in February (which I hope this isn’t true as it is an incredibly amateurish and probably solidified any doubts he had about staying here long term) that the club and Todd Boehly asked him to sign a 1 or 2 year extension in February with a significant increase in wages. Surprisingly since then there were a lot of rumbling that he saw this as a means for the club to boost his transfer value and that his relationship with certain people on the non footballing side of the club soured after that. 

I don’t think offering a 23 or 24 year old a 1 or 2 year contract would inspire them to stay. And if he’s such a money grabber, why not take the 1 or 2 year deal on a significant pay rise? And leave anyway? His hearts set on going and I am not surprised because if even 50% of the shit regarding that 1/2 year offer is true, why would you want to stay?

Edited by OneMoSalah

13 minutes ago, DDA said:

So Rice and Enzo are basically the same price.

I know which player I would prefer and luckily we have him.

Could of done with him also though considering the only players we can maybe rely on next season that play midfield is basically Enzo and Connor 🤣

And whoever out of City/Arsenal/United doesn’t get Rice, they probably become instant favourites to sign Caicedo (well either United or Arsenal - don’t see City going for him and hopefully Liverpool don’t decide to enter the race).

We are still there but if we are that keen, we need to start putting things together before it becomes too late. The groundwork should of been done to get things in motion. Particularly when it became apparent that Ngolo and Mateo were leaving.