Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

30 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Apparently Arse also want Lavia. They’re after pretty much all the same midfield targets we are. So it’s probably going to be difficult to get him to choose us when they can offer UCL football this coming season and seem so much more willing to splash huge money now.

If a player is that short sighted to base their decision on what could be six games then fuck them.

8 minutes ago, Mário César said:

im the one that thinks we need a better winger?

sterling, mudryk and Madueke is not good enough?

we need at least one with better end product, tbh

Nah. You forgot Nkunku. Mudryk, Sterling, Madueke, and Nkunku as wide attackers/inside forwards is enough and I think an excellent set of options. I think we’ll see the real Mudryk this season and expect huge things from him.

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If a player is that short sighted to base their decision on what could be six games then fuck them.

I’d agree normally. If we had finished 6th or just barely missed out on UCL qualification we could sell to these targets that we are on the up and the previous season was a blip. But I actually can’t blame any prospective signing from being reluctant to come here after seeing us finish 12th and in huge turmoil. 

Think it’s quite right that we have to show everyone that we’re “back” before we become super attractive again. While we supporters think last season was a minor blip and we’ll be right back up there challenging for top 4, players themselves may be skeptical.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Nah. You forgot Nkunku. Mudryk, Sterling, Madueke, and Nkunku as wide attackers/inside forwards is enough and I think an excellent set of options. I think we’ll see the real Mudryk this season and expect huge things from him.

I also feel Poch will try and use him like he did Son and if he gets anywhere near that type of production he will be deadly.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I’d agree normally. If we had finished 6th or just barely missed out on UCL qualification we could sell to these targets that we are on the up and the previous season was a blip. But I actually can’t blame any prospective signing from being reluctant to come here after seeing us finish 12th and in huge turmoil. 

Think it’s quite right that we have to show everyone that we’re “back” before we become super attractive again. While we supporters think last season was a minor blip and we’ll be right back up there challenging for top 4, players themselves may be skeptical.

nkunku twice?

nkunku will play as a winger or behind a centerforward as a playmaker role?

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Club is holding out for that, by all accounts.

yes we need to sell him 

besides, I think we will not miss him

I like him but if he wan't to renew his contract...

well, I don't think that he will be brilliant for United

If he would go to Liverpool I would be more concern 

Sporting CP president Frederico Varandas on Manuel Ugarte:

“Two clubs have paid his release clause. They both made offers for him from a career and salary perspective. He first opted for one of them before changing his mind in favour of the other.”

[via @Sporting_CP]

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

I live in Stockholm now, and my father's fam (Swedish) has always been AIK

I was born and raised in London, west London, and grew up Chels

AIK is a streets below Chels, basically zero overlap

and the seasons are different

many on here have local, non English smaller teams they follow

it isn't rocket science

Second this, I don’t see it odd at all to support two teams, especially with family, my dad supports Millwall and I go to more of their games than Chelsea games for the last two years, doesn’t affect my support for Chelsea and never has done since I was a kid - Half my family support Chelsea and the other half Millwall, simple.

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

It's just a shame that Gvardiol - Dias - Ake/Stones is miles ahead of Colwill - Badiashile - Fofana.    That Fofana transfer fee will go down in history as one of the worst PL transfers. 

It won't. This is thing. Not just you, but a lot of people, they are too short-sighted and don't give players time. Fofana was sloppy since Lamps took over but before that he showed some of his quality and looked very good. He is still only 22 and I think the more he plays he will grow into a top CB. His pace and ability on the ball is really good too.

You mentioned Ake. Last season, you probably laughed when Ake was our first choice for CB ahead of Fofana. Same as a lot of other fans. Stones was considered a laughing stock a few seasons ago too, however with game consistency and proper coaching has proved to be a top defender. Fofana, I think will be the same.

16 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Second this, I don’t see it odd at all to support two teams, especially with family, my dad supports Millwall and I go to more of their games than Chelsea games for the last two years, doesn’t affect my support for Chelsea and never has done since I was a kid - Half my family support Chelsea and the other half Millwall, simple.

All my family and friends support Leeds, and I won't even entertain going to watch them, I am a one club man.

18 minutes ago, Stats said:

It won't. This is thing. Not just you, but a lot of people, they are too short-sighted and don't give players time. Fofana was sloppy since Lamps took over but before that he showed some of his quality and looked very good. He is still only 22 and I think the more he plays he will grow into a top CB. His pace and ability on the ball is really good too.

You mentioned Ake. Last season, you probably laughed when Ake was our first choice for CB ahead of Fofana. Same as a lot of other fans. Stones was considered a laughing stock a few seasons ago too, however with game consistency and proper coaching has proved to be a top defender. Fofana, I think will be the same.

What makes me laugh is, fans are quick to call players like "rice" dog shit, even though he's been absolutely solid for a lower team in what is described as the toughest and best league in the word, but a player that's done well in a farmers league in Thier words, is suddenly amazing! Doesn't make sense to me.