Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Ornstein now saying City may move for Rice as well. How the hell do you play Rice and Rodri together? And what happens to the £50m DM Phillips that they just bought?

City don’t even need a midfielder and could sign one before we do. 🤦‍♂️

@Pizy  If Ornstein is reporting that, I wonder if it's cash + Phillips for Declan Rice.  I doubt it though, getting Declan Rice for their midfield would be overkill as they're also getting Kovacic.  

2 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

@Pizy  If Ornstein is reporting that, I wonder if it's cash + Phillips for Declan Rice.  I doubt it though, getting Declan Rice for their midfield would be overkill as they're also getting Kovacic.  

Yeah, makes no sense. Rodri is perhaps the best midfielder in the league at sitting right in front of the defense and dictating the game. And they’ve also moved Stones in midfield where he’s been a revelation. Buying Rice who plays in that same role is insane. 

How are you going to play Stones, Rodri, Phillips, Rice, Kova, and Gündogan? Even if Gündogan leaves that insane overkill.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

How are you going to play Stones, Rodri, Phillips, Rice, Kova, and Gündogan? Even if Gündogan leaves that insane overkill.

My theory is that they plan to move Phillips and Gundogan on. That leaves them with Stones, Rodri, Kovacic and Rice.

I doubt that Guardiola sees a definite starter in Kovacic, while Stones will be moved back to the defensive line, with Laporte departing.

Still, having Rodri and Rice at the same time seems unfeasible.

I surely hope City get Rice, though. He would be way less impactful there than at Arsenal.

21 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

We don’t know they’re getting Kovacic. They haven’t negotiated with Chelsea yet. 

But it's strange. Something is clearly wrong. Why Havertz doesn't want to renew here but wants to go to Arsenal? Not sure he will start there. Odegaard AM and Jesus striker. Same with Mount and United and Colwill and Brighton. This was unimaginable just a year ago. 

German boys left Rudiger and Werner. From what I have seen on social media his best mates Mount and Pulisic also leaving. Maybe this is why Kai is upset with the club. Gallagher seems the only one really wanting to stay. For this reason we should keep him. 

14 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

But it's strange. Something is clearly wrong. Why Havertz doesn't want to renew here but wants to go to Arsenal? Not sure he will start there. Odegaard AM and Jesus striker. Same with Mount and United and Colwill and Brighton. This was unimaginable just a year ago. 

German boys left Rudiger and Werner. From what I have seen on social media his best mates Mount and Pulisic also leaving. Maybe this is why Kai is upset with the club. Gallagher seems the only one really wanting to stay. For this reason we should keep him. 

Instability is a big reason for it. Nothing about Arsenal's season indicated they'll drop off massively next season. United and Newcastle I still have my doubts but Arsenal seem to be intent on improving their squad - targeting Rice to replace Jorginho, Caicedo to replace Xhaka and adding Havertz as an attacker.

18 minutes ago, Strike said:

Instability is a big reason for it. 

Lack of balls and love for the club could be a close second.

I really don't feel any kind of connection to most of the guys who are rumoured to be looking for the exit door now. 

I am happy that Reece, Chiwell, Silva, Enzo and even Sterling will be here next season. I believe that they have the ego and passion to make things work for Poch.

23 minutes ago, Strike said:

Instability is a big reason for it. Nothing about Arsenal's season indicated they'll drop off massively next season. United and Newcastle I still have my doubts but Arsenal seem to be intent on improving their squad - targeting Rice to replace Jorginho, Caicedo to replace Xhaka and adding Havertz as an attacker.

Definitely. They're not the side they once were especially when it comes to transfers. 

6 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

United are now onto Andre Onana

Don’t really get this one. DDG had a great season, didn’t he? Won the Golden Glove. Ten Hag has praised him and vocally stated that he really wants him to sign a new deal. So they’re now after a new keeper that would cost huge money?

Anyways, I’m not bothered about Onana. We get him as part of some Lukaku or Koulibaly deal I’m fine with it. Don’t think we should spend mega money on another keeper, though. And if he goes to United I don’t care. We can find someone as good for cheaper I think.

48 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

But it's strange. Something is clearly wrong. Why Havertz doesn't want to renew here but wants to go to Arsenal? Not sure he will start there.

Let alone whether any of those reports is true, sometimes it's better to start fresh, than try to redeem oneself where he failed. Plus, he may be sick of the mess, sick of relying on foo fighters staff, sick of all his teammates being purged and replace with random buys, sick of "the vision", sick of 8 years contracts, sick of being Brighton wannabes, sick of purposeful downgrading the team, not fancying Poch, who may be kept here forever or replaced with another pe teacher yes-man etc. 

I wouldn't mind him staying, but can see where he is coming from.

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Don’t really get this one. DDG had a great season, didn’t he? Won the Golden Glove. Ten Hag has praised him and vocally stated that he really wants him to sign a new deal. So they’re now after a new keeper that would cost huge money?

Anyways, I’m not bothered about Onana. We get him as part of some Lukaku or Koulibaly deal I’m fine with it. Don’t think we should spend mega money on another keeper, though. And if he goes to United I don’t care. We can find someone as good for cheaper I think.

He made mistakes in important matches (against Sevilla, IIRC, and the FA Cup final, to name two). It's widely reported they want a new number one, & if the Onana news is true, it would make sense due to his Ajax connections.

6 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He made mistakes in important matches (against Sevilla, IIRC, and the FA Cup final, to name two). It's widely reported they want a new number one, & if the Onana news is true, it would make sense due to his Ajax connections.

I just can’t imagine someone of De Gea’s stature at that club sitting on the bench. He’s been their one shining light in so many terrible seasons. Them binning him now that they finally have a competitive team and after he himself had another good season seems super weird.

As for Caicedo, not even getting slightly excited at that latest Fabrizio tweet. After getting burned with Ugarte I won’t be happy until a player is announced by the club.