Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 hours ago, Gundalf said:

Its funny how none of the people, who made this deal, are here anymore but still u can see the aftermath of this disaster. Its like an earthquake were people still suffer after years it happened. 

or end up like Atsu

😓

Late Christian Atsu Net Worth 2023 And Salary | Glusea.com

26 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Mata career after Chelsea says everything about him, he was a nice tidy player with no lungs. He was overrated asf, one of the best decisions Chelsea ever made.

I don’t agree putting Csec and Mata in the same category. Cesc is one of the best PL midfielders ever.

Fair enough. I rated Fabregas higher than Mata actually. Overrated is a bit of an odd thing. You can think a player is excellent and still think he's overrated because other folks compare him to, say Messi. It's all relative.

BTW, I never said Fabregas was overrated, just that he was a a bit single dimensional. Like you'd paid him with a very powerful and dynamic CM to balance out his weaknesses. He was a master at passing the football (maybe the best I've seen), and had vision as well. Just wish we had gotten him while he still had legs.

Edited by robsblubot

15 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Fair enough. I rated Fabregas higher than Mata actually. Overrated is a bit of an odd thing. You can think a player is excellent and still think he's overrated because other folks compare him to, say Messi. It's all relative.

BTW, I never said Fabregas was overrated, just that he was a a bit single dimensional. He was a master at passing the football, and had vision as well.Just wish we had gotten him while he still had legs.

Agreed, understandable he was playing 90 minutes of football week in and week out as a 16 year old in the PL.

I get what you are saying it is relative, I think Modric is/was unbelievably great CM but I think he is overrated if you think he is in the same tier as Xavi.

Edited by Clockwork

3 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Wish we'd get his more talented brother Wirtz, he is basically everything Havertz should've been.

dominik szoboszlai Is another player I would like us to go after to replace Havertz/Mount, left footed AM that would be perfect to play on the right side.

6 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Wish we'd get his more talented brother Wirtz, he is basically everything Havertz should've been.

Wirtz (granted was injured for a big chunk of the early season) had ONE league goal in pinball Bundesliga in 1100 league minutes

3 Europa League goals v Monaco, then Monaco in the return leg, and Union SG

1800 minutes, 4 goals

deffo not rating him atm until I see a great rebound season

he looked for shit the end of the year, especially against Mou and Roma

was bullied about like a schoolboy

these are his 3 seasons

he was great in 2021/22, but then blew out his knee

not convinced he is fully recovered to pre injury form

3d46eebdc4adeab65f74fef29fc39242.pngeeeb0e38e63881c152aa7495e3ec08e1.pnge0045b262c3519fc4d65d3755adf3231.png