Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

They should get Kane. He is old enough. 

And drop £100m for the sake of it?

It doesn't make sense. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Firmino has looked dead at Liverpool for ages. Could hardly get a game for them. But he’s good enough for Real Madrid? What a weird transfer that would be.

They currently have Diaz on their bench, so the former would be more than adequate for them. 

Edited by LAM09

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Having TOO many squad players is a big reason why we're in this mess. Parting ways with the expendable is what is required.

Probably Firmino or Joselu. They aren't going to buy anyone of note that will potentially block Endrick down the line.

I think if Karim does go, then Real will turn to Kane

1 hour ago, Strike said:

I think if Karim does go, then Real will turn to Kane

I feel like Kane is eager to break Shearer's PL record, so will do his best to remain in England. United seem like the perfect fit, as they'll pay over the odds.

NEWS

“Thanks to everyone” – Chelsea midfielder confirms departure after penning farewell message

https://absolutechelsea.com/denis-zakaria-pens-farewell-Chelsea-message-after-loan-spell/4876/

chelsea-fc-v-dinamo-zagreb-group-e-uefa-champions-league-scaled.jpg

Denis Zakaria has expressed his gratitude to Chelsea fans after bidding farewell to Stamford Bridge.

The 26-year-old will return to Juventus this summer after his season-long loan spell at Chelsea concluded following the end of the 2022/23 campaign last weekend.

Zakaria joined on loan with an option to make the switch permanent, but newly-appointed head coach Mauricio Pochettino made the decision not to trigger the buy clause, which sees the Swiss international head back to Italy where he will assess his next options.

He was limited to just 11 appearances for Chelsea in all competitions, restricted due to the competition for places in midfield.

Zakaria is one of the many casualties in west London this summer as Chelsea overhaul their squad, particularly in the midfield department.

Jorginho was sold to Arsenal in January, while Mateo Kovacic nears a move to Manchester City and Mason Mount closes in on a potential move to Manchester United. N’Golo Kante’s future is also unclear, he is out of contract next month and an extension is yet to be agreed. Ruben Loftus-Cheek has also been linked with a move to AC Milan.

Zakaria follows fellow loanee Joao Felix out of the door. Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo confirmed on Tuesday that Pochettino made the decision not to bring him back to England earlier this week.

The midfielder took to Instagram on Thursday evening to say goodbye to Chelsea, writing: “It’s been a tough time but you guys always had my back. Thanks to everyone who’s been supporting me! Let’s focus on the beautiful memories.”

‘I WOULD START HIM AHEAD OF GABRIEL JESUS’: PUNDIT WOULD SIGN £98M STAR FOR ARSENAL

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/06/01/i-would-start-him-ahead-of-gabriel-jesus-pundit-would-sign-98m-star-rivals-dont-want/

Darren Bent has stated that he would happily take loaned-out Chelsea star Romelu Lukaku at Arsenal and start him ahead of Gabriel Jesus.

There is the suggestion that Romelu Lukaku, who is thriving in Italy with Inter, is misunderstood and not appreciated enough in English football.

Well, his £98 million transfer to Chelsea in 2021 (Sky Sports), and the struggles after, haven’t helped matters, with Bent adding that he would start for Mikel Arteta’s Arsenal by benching Gabriel Jesus, as he told talkSPORT Drive (31/05/23 at 4:45 pm).

Edited by Vesper

fd7e6458d93dfbca48c59750298a4247.jpg

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2023/06/02/Chelsea-step-up-interest-in-manuel-ugarte/

Mauricio Pochettino has contacted Manuel Ugarte in a bid to convince the Sporting CP midfielder to move to Stamford Bridge this summer amid Manchester United and PSG interest.

Chelsea have set their sights on winning the race for sought-after Sporting CP destroyer Manuel Ugarte and are trying to strike a deal as soon as possible in light of ever-increasing outside interest in his services.

That’s according to Football Insider, who reports that newly-appointed Blues boss Mauricio Pochettino has attempted to persuade Ugarte to head to west London by holding a phone conversation.

The West London side have had a season to forget, having finished 12th in the table with just 44 points. Failing to even reach the 50-point mark is a marker of the scale of the task ahead this summer, and they have already set the wheels into motion.

Indeed, Pochettino has finally been announced as their new manager, and the Argentine is likely to have some huge decisions to make on who will make his squad for the new campaign. The Argentine looks to thin out his roster and put his time into the players he actually wants and trusts.

However, this is not to say Chelsea will not be looking to bring in some new players, with Uruguayan midfielder Manuel Ugarte believed to be high on their radar.

Chelsea offer Manuel Ugarte a five-year-deal to join Blues

Midfield is by no means an area where Chelsea are short in numbers, considering they added the £106.8 million Enzo Fernandez in the January window. However, if the likes of Conor Gallagher, N’Golo Kante, and Mateo Kovacic are to move on over the summer, then perhaps this is a department that has to be addressed.

Regarded as one of the best young holding midfielders, the Uruguay international has been terrific for Sporting over the past year or so, making a total of 47 club appearances this season.

He has averaged 3.9 tackles and 1.8 interceptions per Liga Bwin appearance in the 2022–23 campaign. The 22-year-old has also been stellar with his distribution, completing 92 percent of his passes.

Needless to say, he has been touted to pursue a bigger challenge elsewhere during the upcoming transfer window. Chelsea are currently battling it out with Paris Saint-Germain for the Uruguay international, with both clubs ready to meet the Sporting midfielder’s €60 million release clause.

Ugarte’s preference is to join Chelsea and play in the Premier League. In fact, he has already verbally accepted terms on a long-term deal with the Blues, but the 22-year-old has received a significantly better offer from PSG.

PSG, meanwhile, have another advantage over Chelsea as they are willing to pay Ugarte’s buy-out clause up front, while the Blues reportedly prefer to agree to a structured deal. Premier League rivals Manchester United have now entered the fray, and are seeking to steal Ugarte from under the noses of Chelsea as they look to bring in cover for Casemiro.

As a result, it is understood that Chelsea have upped the ante in their pursuit as they look to fight off the stiff competition.

And it’s claimed that new Chelsea manager Pochettino has himself spoken to his priority midfield target to help accelerate the club’s push. It remains to be seen whether the former Spurs manager’s intervention will be enough for Chelsea to get a deal over the line for Ugarte or not.

6 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Has he not been a good squad player these past 2 seasons? Seems fine with his role as well, can also be an emergency RB. 

Given a back 4 is now on the horizon, would've made a lot more sense to part ways with Silva and try and offload Koulibaly. 

I don't think we'll need an emergency RB with Gusto coming in from Lyon (arguably one of the better young RB's in europe)

Selling Chalobah isn't a bad idea as we have Colwill who can take up that CB role next season and I doubt anyone is going to help us by taking KK and his 300k wage packet. 

51 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Pretty sure he rejected like 150m from City two summers ago. 

I believe it was only £100m. Considering what they paid for Grealish, I can see why he didn't accept.

3 hours ago, Gundalf said:

These early calls from Poch are to my liking. Felix gone, and Havertz will hopefully follow (that source, though). Keep Lukaku as far away as possible, and we'll be moving in the right direction.

Edited by LAM09