Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

On 31/08/2022 at 13:34, laura90 said:

No midfield no party. I can't say I am overly enthusiastic with the  latest signing or most of them. Even if we get Gvardiol we still wont be able to play back four without decent defensive midfielder. I can not understand how that pivotal part of every football team got neglected here. We saw this against Leeds. And again against Saints. Our aging  and average midfielders and defenders were slow and overrun against quicker and younger players. 

We may invest 500 mill in 10 new players if we don't invest in CDM or at least CM we may still go trough the  riot with Kante and Jorginho talking to another clubs in January and putting less effort even when they are fit. 

I honestly don't understand. We have gentlemen's agreement with Rice for the next season? I don't know but this midfield won't give me faith even if we found ourselves at the top by January.

How come so many defenders and no midfielders? This window would be closer to ideal if we got great CDM  instead of  KK. 

I respect that Boehly invested in the team but it can all be in vain cause you are only as strong as your weakest link. 

American mentality is defense wins you championship. And they for me are doing the right thing. If we have the best defense we can win cup games. 

We can win another cl with good defense. 

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I agree. Just an experienced strikers instinct to be where he should be in the box to get on the end of things could well prove a blessing because we don't even have that as a profile currently in our squad.

again with the EPL/Serie A symmetry, look how many older CFs in both leagues end up having Indian summers (one of my favourite yank idioms)

Auba has to score and do so right away. His jaw looked fine btw in his arrival video at sky

If he is another wasteful one, he would just be a taller, older Werner. Given we basically spend what we got for Timo on Auba this is fitting. Huge pressure on the geezer  

1 minute ago, nyikolajevics said:

The guy in white shirt though.. what an idiot.. Woke up today and chosed violence.

Maybe if Auba was not surrounded by such idiots then his house would have been protected properly.

Mocked on Sky now.. So it's not only me.. pathetic

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

American mentality is defense wins you championship

Italian too

look at those insane AC Milan teams

and Juve back in the day (more recently)

look at the Italian WC winning sides and finals sides too, super defense, GKers and a hot player scoring or bossing the pitch (Paolo Rossi, Dino Zoff, Salvatore Schillaci, Roberto Baggio, Gianluca Pagliuca, Roberto Donadoni, Buffon, Pirlo, Totti, etc, plus those CB's: Fulvio Collovati, Gentile, Baresi, Maldini, Nesta, Marco Materazzi, Cannavaro, etc)

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Italian too

look at those insane AC Milan teams

and Juve back in the day (more recently)

look at the Italian WC winning sides and finals sides too, super defense, GKers and a hot player scoring or bossing the pitch (Paolo Rossi, Dino Zoff, Salvatore Schillaci, Roberto Baggio, Gianluca Pagliuca, Roberto Donadoni, Buffon, Pirlo, Totti, etc, plus those CB's: Fulvio Collovati, Gentile, Baresi, Maldini, Nesta, Marco Materazzi, Cannavaro, etc)

It’s not quite accurate tho. For Knock-out competitions or playoffs yes. Defence wins cups but offense wins leagues 

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Zakaria £30m buy option

Artur Melo, straight loan, no option

Ours is by far the better deal

zakaria is twice the player and if he recovers his Bundesliga form 30m buy option is a steal

hopefully his injury has indeed fully healed and he can continue where he left before juve. Have not seen him play in Italy so he could be a spent force now but he is better suited than Saul for his role 

I see lots of people saying “Auba’s jaw looks fine!” What, is he supposed to have a giant cast wrapped around his head? 🤣🤣🤣 You don’t know what the inside of his mouth looks like.

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I see lots of people saying “Auba’s jaw looks fine!” What, is he supposed to have a giant cast wrapped around his head? 🤣🤣🤣 You don’t know what the inside of his mouth looks like.

Lol no. But he can talk just fine. You only talk gibberish  with a full jaw fracture