Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

26 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I think it's quite clear that Lukaku was bought due to the desire of others,

No its not, people here have built this narrative out of nothing. Lukaku himself said that Tuchel convinced him to move, just like Sterling and Cucu have this summer. 

People argue that Lukaku doesn’t fit Tuchel tactic and that is why he was forced on him, it is not that simple. Managers better than Tuchel have recruited players that were bad fit. Reality is Tuchel last summer knew that he needed more goals, and Lukaku was viewed as a top striker. Again this summer he views the same issue, which is why he is pushing for Auba. You guys act like Tuchel is thinking long term, its not always the case. He is looking for immediate result.

Actually we have more data on Marina and the board and their preference, when is the last time they purchased a 28 year old player for a club record fee?  They prefer younger players with resale value. 

I think the biggest criticism of the board is unwilling to spend that extra bit of money on players. So no it makes no sense to think they spent a club record on a 28 year old player, oh also force it on a manager. Pretty sure they would have preferred a cheaper option than Lukaku. 

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

Tuchel is basically putting his head on the chopping block if we sign Gordon for silly money. If he works out and kills it Tuchel will look like a genius. But if  he hand picks this kid and he flops after we spend £60m on him that’s sackable.

Callum out for Gordon does not make any sense.

Edited by Strike

20 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

No its not, people here have built this narrative out of nothing. Lukaku himself said that Tuchel convinced him to move, just like Sterling and Cucu have this summer. 

People argue that Lukaku doesn’t fit Tuchel tactic and that is why he was forced on him, it is not that simple. Managers better than Tuchel have recruited players that were bad fit. Reality is Tuchel last summer knew that he needed more goals, and Lukaku was viewed as a top striker. Again this summer he views the same issue, which is why he is pushing for Auba. You guys act like Tuchel is thinking long term, its not always the case. He is looking for immediate result.

Actually we have more data on Marina and the board and their preference, when is the last time they purchased a 28 year old player for a club record fee?  They prefer younger players with resale value. 

I think the biggest criticism of the board is unwilling to spend that extra bit of money on players. So no it makes no sense to think they spent a club record on a 28 year old player, oh also force it on a manager. Pretty sure they would have preferred a cheaper option than Lukaku. 

There's plenty to back it up, actually. This is something I've mentioned on multiple occasions and don't have the urge to repeat the same things.

I'll just say this - Tuchel (in your opinion of how things work) went for Haaland from the get go, but the club was ultimately priced out of any potential transfer; he then decided to go left field & went for someone with a less than stellar past in the EPL.

Please answer that conundrum so I have a clearer picture of the ins and outs.

42 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Hard to fight a nice story mate. People have build up narratives around TT and Lukaku. Literally absolved TT of any and all blame. 

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

slabhead????

wtf

🤬

The only possible role I can see slabhead being decent in is in the Thiago Silva role in the middle of a back 3 with 2 super athletic and quick CB’s either side of him. But obviously he ain’t getting that here.

21 hours ago, Pizy said:

Btw, from all the footage I’ve seen Leão seems to play and do most of his damage from the left side where Sterling obviously plays.

yep. I said that early on, as soon as we signed Raheem 

main question I have is how Leão would fare as a CF

8 minutes ago, DDA said:

Watching highlights of Gordon... he really does look quite impressive actually. Needs to improve on his numbers... 

The more I watch of Leao the less impressed I am by him.

😐

Said a month or two ago here that Leão reminds me almost exactly of Zaha. Same physique, same playing style. Seems to be better in the final third but difficult to say how that would translate to a much tougher league.