Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

Other than the fact that he will take loan sloat it's actually quite good business for us. I am surprised Roma is able to afford his wages. However their option as striker is Belotti, so they must be desperate

Yep, the Tammy injury recently has completely fucked them. So I guess Jose and their owners have decided that rather than going out and buying a new striker for tens of millions, the loan fee + his huge wages are still cheaper than that.

Just hope he performs well enough for them or someone else to finally take him off our books for good this time next summer. Because if he fucks up at Roma I don’t know what we’re gonna do.

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yep, the Tammy injury recently has completely fucked them. So I guess Jose and their owners have decided that rather than going out and buying a new striker for tens of millions, the loan fee + his huge wages are still cheaper than that.

Just hope he performs well enough for them or someone else to finally take him off our books for good this time next summer. Because if he fucks up at Roma I don’t know what we’re gonna do.

Lukaku's the kinda guy who makes root for Inflation and the Saudis. 

Ok so it is actually a loan in the region of what I was saying, i.e. a loan with a decent fee and all wages covered - that is the only circumstance I could see the logic in us changing our stance. It might be sensible, if he has even just an average year the transfer value we would hope for will still be at least as high as it is today, given that we've been talking about selling him for basically peanuts for his level. If he has a good year, might get even more for him next year + another year of ammortization done.

🚨 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐄 𝐆𝐎! Folarin Balogun set to join AS Monaco on permanent transfer 🔴🇺🇸

◉ €40m total package add-ons included to Arsenal.

◉ Verbal agreement to be sealed, matter of details.

️ Understand Arsenal will retain sell on clause.

◉ Long term deal agreed — Flo wanted Ligue1.

◉ Medical tests being booked within next 48/56h.

The way Poch just described what he wants (a forward that can play anywhere across the attack and not an out and out #9) sounds like he desires basically a like for like Nkunku replacement. That doesn’t sound like Cherki at all, sadly.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

The way Poch just described what he wants (a forward that can play anywhere across the attack and not an out and out #9) sounds like he desires basically a like for like Nkunku replacement. That doesn’t sound like Cherki at all, sadly.

There is also not very much of that available, at any price.