Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Can we get like 60m for sterling from saudi, olise can be a great replacement for him.

Olise and kudus/cherki can be scary

Sterling being kept just for experience and not his onfield performance for 320k a week is just so wrong

Edited by shrenshah

26 minutes ago, shrenshah said:

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/psg-willing-to-sell-marquinhos-angered-club-with-kylian-mbappe-comments/blt6d913f2f8483af48

We should get the next thiago silva to replace fofana. Marquinhos can be the perfect 2-3 year player while fofana recovers

He's never going to recover.

I never wanted to buy him in the first place because of the broken leg scenario then to pay £80M for him was ludicrous.

I'm convinced he's never coming back from the ACL.

We desperately need to replace him now, we have no one to play RCB other than Thiago and how many games can he manage.

4 hours ago, Gundalf said:

Yes they can loan him for 40m

Chelsea have rejected Juventus' loan approach for Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku, 30, because they want to sell him permanently. (Tuttosport, in Italian)

Good!!!! no loan move for him, I want him out of our club permanently

Edited by bigbluewillie

Liverpool game in 15 days. Still till end of the August we have so much job to do. 

Get top DM and one versatile attacker. Caicedo and Kudus? 

Get Kepa competition. And are we after another CB? 

Lukaku, Ziyech, CHO, Sarr still here. 

Loan deals need to be made for Moreira, Angelo, Carney, Hall, Humphreys, a couple of young keepers we have... 

Decisions need to made because it's uncertain what we do with Maatsen, Casadei, Broja, Santos. Are they staying or going on loan? 

Chalobah and Gallagher future still in the air. Possible sales. 

We don't have a sponsor yet! 

2nd and 3rd kit still not announced. 

12 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Liverpool game in 15 days. Still till end of the August we have so much job to do. 

Get top DM and one versatile attacker. Caicedo and Kudus? 

Get Kepa competition. And are we after another CB? 

Lukaku, Ziyech, CHO, Sarr still here. 

Loan deals need to be made for Moreira, Angelo, Carney, Hall, Humphreys, a couple of young keepers we have... 

Decisions need to made because it's uncertain what we do with Maatsen, Casadei, Broja, Santos. Are they staying or going on loan? 

Chalobah and Gallagher future still in the air. Possible sales. 

We don't have a sponsor yet! 

2nd and 3rd kit still not announced. 

From the 30 that are in the USA keep out the young keepers (Slonina Bergstrom Beach Cumming), Moreira, Angelo, Carney, Hall, Humphreys, Gilchrist, Burstow

and add Caicedo, Kudus, Robert Sanchez and Guehi (?) We are set. Compact 24-man squad

Edited by Strike

2 hours ago, Strike said:

From the 30 that are in the USA keep out the young keepers (Slonina Bergstrom Beach Cumming), Moreira, Angelo, Carney, Hall, Humphreys, Gilchrist, Burstow

and add Caicedo, Kudus, Robert Sanchez and Guehi (?) We are set. Compact 24-man squad

There's no way the club is negotiating with Brighton for another player in the same window! 😆

3 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

He's never going to recover.

I never wanted to buy him in the first place because of the broken leg scenario then to pay £80M for him was ludicrous.

I'm convinced he's never coming back from the ACL.

We desperately need to replace him now, we have no one to play RCB other than Thiago and how many games can he manage.

I think you're forgetting that we still have the great Malang Sarr ready to step in and play CB for the club

14 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

There's no way the club is negotiating with Brighton for another player in the same window! 😆

I think you're forgetting that we still have the great Malang Sarr ready to step in and play CB for the club

He's their third choice behind Steele and Verbruggen

I was just thinking to myself, isn’t it strange that City have gone totally quiet when it comes to their midfield since they matched that £90m second bid for Declan Rice? Then there was that report weeks ago from Ornstein that they were after Gabri Veiga just like we were.

So clearly they want someone. Could they be waiting in the wings for us to finally agree a fee formCaicedo only to match it and steal him from under our noses? He’s as good or better than Rice so I’m not sure why they’d fancy one but not the other.

Man, I hope we settle this saga soon…

14 hours ago, Gundalf said:

Bassey to Fulham confirmed. 

You gotta feel for Ajax lol, losing all their good players year after year. Hope they are still open to sell Kudus tho.

Bassey going isn't bad business for Ajax. Unlike a lot of them who leave for big fees, they recuperated the same fee they bought him for and he lost his place in the team to a 17 year old (Hato). He did not suit their style of play and was severely criticized by Ajax fans and past legends last season. His technical ability in particular was scrutinized. 

I was in the camp of take it to a certain price then walk away at first but after reading views of Brighton fans and downloading some 90 minute performances of Moises my mind is shifting to spend what it takes. As outrageous as it is to say this, £100m for a player of his quality with effectively 5 years left on his deal (given the club option) isn't actually that bad and better than spending £40-50m on a mid alternative like Alvarez or Sangare. Another year of top performances and Brighton are probably quoting around £150m and it will be another Declan Rice situation where he's priced out until he gets into the final year of his contract, and even then we'd probably have to pay the same price or more we will now.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

I was just thinking to myself, isn’t it strange that City have gone totally quiet when it comes to their midfield since they matched that £90m second bid for Declan Rice? Then there was that report weeks ago from Ornstein that they were after Gabri Veiga just like we were.

So clearly they want someone. Could they be waiting in the wings for us to finally agree a fee formCaicedo only to match it and steal him from under our noses? He’s as good or better than Rice so I’m not sure why they’d fancy one but not the other.

Man, I hope we settle this saga soon…

Feel like City has a bigger priority in getting the Gvardiol deal done instead of waiting around and matching the Caicedo fee. 

They have Rodri already and even Stones looked good last season when he was playing in midfield. 

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I was in the camp of take it to a certain price then walk away at first but after reading views of Brighton fans and downloading some 90 minute performances of Moises my mind is shifting to spend what it takes. As outrageous as it is to say this, £100m for a player of his quality with effectively 5 years left on his deal (given the club option) isn't actually that bad and better than spending £40-50m on a mid alternative like Alvarez or Sangare. Another year of top performances and Brighton are probably quoting around £150m and it will be another Declan Rice situation where he's priced out until he gets into the final year of his contract, and even then we'd probably have to pay the same price or more we will now.

I think I'm leaning towards that idea myself too tbh. He is pure class and at his age, we would have a beast for many seasons to come. We can concentrate on other areas of the pitch after knowing our midfield is locked down for a long time.

3 hours ago, Strike said:

He's their third choice behind Steele and Verbruggen

That sounds pretty concerning and he's not even part of the Brighton pre-season tour squad.   Steele is 32 and hardly an amazing goalkeeper. 

We should have tested out Brentford with a bid for Raya but now he is being linked with Bayern. 

1 minute ago, Reddish-Blue said:

That sounds pretty concerning and he's not even part of the Brighton pre-season tour squad.   Steele is 32 and hardly an amazing goalkeeper. 

We should have tested out Brentford with a bid for Raya but now he is being linked with Bayern. 

Yup, don't understand the delay in signing a GK? The market is becoming thin now.

Any decent keeper will consider coming here even as GK 2 since they'd back themselves to dislodge Kepa

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

So why would we want him?

Since the club is clearly looking for GK2 and someone who is cheap. And since it seems to be a disagreement with the manager that has seen him drop down the order in Brighton.