Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Mbappe has two weeks to decide PSG future

After the strong words of Nasser Al-Khelaifi, president of Paris Saint-Germain, about Kylian Mbappé, what I want to clarify in this case is that the timing of the negotiation is going to be really important.

PSG still haven’t decided how much the player is worth in terms of potential asking price. They will communicate that in a very clear way to the player, to the mother of the player and to other clubs, but only when they have Mbappé’s final answer.

The message from Al-Khelaifi is that Mbappé has to decide within 7-14 days. If he says no to the contract extension, PSG will clarify how much they want to sell him for this summer. This is the idea of the club, with Real Madrid keeping quiet but still really interested of course.

Apparently Poch wants to talk to Dele Alli to discover what’s going on with his career…

At his Chelsea unveiling earlier this week, Pochettino said of Alli: “I hope to have some time to call and see because he is a great guy and I want to talk a bit with him. I want to help him and see what is going on.”

Yes, make a call, talk to him and end it. Nothing more please 😄

Inter are structuring a £35m bid for Lukaku.... 

Just fuck off you cheeky cunts. 

For me it would be £45m or nothing.

Stop taking the piss now.

Edited by DDA

3 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

If we left our buying and selling to you, we would be absolutely fucked.

Coming from someone who wanted to sell Mount for 25m less because he didn't want the average joe at an rival.

Making a short summary, if we get to Caicedo, what do you think of the board's performance so far?

Do you think that, since the start of the transfer market, things have been done well?

Have they been the opposite, in a good way, of what we saw last year?

So far, I like it, both in terms of sales and purchases, although Jackson is an unknown quantity.

I'm glad it's no longer Todd, but the two directors managing certain club decisions.

Edited by Mário César

I’m really warming to the idea of Rayan Cherki after being iffy last week. Been watching more and more footage of him lately.

He has Hazard-like dribbling ability and is excellent at keeping the ball under pressure. Something we’ll really mid in the middle of the pitch with Kova leaving. The price would really reasonable for a player of his talent and age as well apparently.

Feels like it’s just 3rd tier and Twitter rando’s linking us with him at the moment sadly. He’s a player we could go and sign tomorrow with zero problem if we wanted to.

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I’m really warming to the idea of Rayan Cherki after being iffy last week. Been watching more and more footage of him lately.

He has Hazard-like dribbling ability and is excellent at keeping the ball under pressure. Something we’ll really mid in the middle of the pitch with Kova leaving. The price would really reasonable for a player of his talent and age as well apparently.

Feels like it’s just 3rd tier and Twitter rando’s linking us with him at the moment sadly. He’s a player we could go and sign tomorrow with zero problem if we wanted to.

5 goals in over 80 appearances in a farmers league as an attacker ... we need people who can score reliably too 

Cherki could easily turn into another Ziyech situation. He is lazy defensively, especially at pressing, and he can be a bit selfish offensively and doesn't really score goals. He has many talents, but I would want him to go through a transformational year before we bought him. Huge gamble imo unless he is cheap, which I wouldn't expect.

4 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Cherki could easily turn into another Ziyech situation. He is lazy defensively, especially at pressing, and he can be a bit selfish offensively and doesn't really score goals. He has many talents, but I would want him to go through a transformational year before we bought him. Huge gamble imo unless he is cheap, which I wouldn't expect.

Yeah if there is genuine interest the recruitment team need to determine if he is coachable in that aspect (defensive contribution) or if the trade off is worth it. (his creative metrics vs his poor off the ball work rate). 

Personally think he'd be a luxury at this point. That Brazilian CAM we are close to signing looks a talent. 

3 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Thing is, if he has a transformational year then he's much more likely to choose to go somewhere else. 

Lyon are in massive financial trouble so I'm not sure he'd be all that expensive. Maybe around €30-40M?