if both teams can make it work for Mbappe

obviously Bells just went there, so DEFFO not him

so that leaves only other crazy expensive payers it could be as

Aurélien Tchouaméni
Federico Valverde   
Rodrygo 
Eduardo Camavinga    

Tchou out those 4 is most likely if it is not Vini Jr

all 6 of those Real players (and obviously Mbappe as well) are 'run down the street nakie if we buy them' good

Vinicius Junior 'signs new contract with Real Madrid until 2027 which includes €1bn release clause' | Daily Mail Online

I know the source is meh, but I've read for a number of weeks that he was going to sign a new contract, and he took Hazard's number recently. I imagine it's one of those three midfielders you mentioned.

1 hour ago, Cosmin said:

There is no way we can attract players like Valverde or Tchouameni. Why would they come to Chelsea, considering our new wage structure, and the lack or UCL football?

maybe fish&chips

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

who?

we just bought one

Jackson

Still the guy was struggling to perform. And then he got good and played very well. For two months. And then we got him. Journos who are knowledgable in La Liga claim he has great potential, still have huge reservations on him. I'm curious to see how he does for us, but not sure it solves our struggles right here right now.

1 hour ago, Cosmin said:

There is no way we can attract players like Valverde or Tchouameni. Why would they come to Chelsea, considering our new wage structure, and the lack or UCL football?

Because of Roman or Mou sentiment. Or want to put their families in London. Oh well…

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

who?

we just bought one

Jackson

I'd rather wait and take the short term pain than just buy anyone. Eventually a good fit will fall into our lap.

After seeing the end result of Lukaku and Auba I find it incredible how many people seem happy for us to just go for anyone at a certain age with a decent enough goal record.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I'd rather wait and take the short term pain than just buy anyone. Eventually a good fit will fall into our lap.

After seeing the end result of Lukaku and Auba I find it incredible how many people seem happy for us to just go for anyone at a certain age with a decent enough goal record.

Hmm I find it hard to not criticize the professionals involved in those deals. Their issues as players, and professional footballers, were always well-known.

I understand betting on someone recovering his form after say a frank talk, or whatnot, but Lukaku's deal was just too expensive for a bet. And Auba was just unrecoverable at his age and clear physical decline (of a player already mentally weak).

I do suspect an element of (super) agent pushing, and side deals we aren't aware of.

Edited by robsblubot

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

lol, he is NOT

smdh

Born: November 15, 1993

7d7ac076f3b75300f163cf41b1faef70.png

Aren’t you the one for whom every pöayer with „less than 2 seasons under 30 y.o.“ is old for every position except goalie?😂

esp for a pace reliant player like him. Not a fan, don’t think his goal return screams 20 goals per season in PL either but if Poch really wants him he should be granted one wish but none more. 

5 hours ago, Gundalf said:

I consider Caicedo a Chelsea player already. He wont go anywhere else. Just a matter of time. But he is ours. 

Something that always frustrated me was not getting players in for a full pre season, weight of expectation is still massive and it puts the player at a massive disadvantage, hopefully the new board can avoid this for Poch.

Just now, DH1988 said:

Something that always frustrated me was not getting players in for a full pre season, weight of expectation is still massive and it puts the player at a massive disadvantage, hopefully the new board can avoid this for Poch.

Agreed. What a dream it would be if we get all players signed in the next week and don’t even go into market in Jan. 

I know the chances of success are surely 0%, but PSG’s President has once again today stated strongly that if Mbappe doesn’t extend his contract within the next couple of weeks then they MUST sell him because they won’t lose him for free next summer. I’m not sure Real Madrid can realistically spend €150m or more this summer having already spend mega money on Bellingham and others. I don’t know if any other PL club would be mad enough to pay the money necessary. Perhaps if United gets their state owned takeover within the next week or two.

So with this new money we’ve received from sales, why not put a crazy offer in to PSG and try to convince Mbappe? He knows and has worked under Poch, we have several of his French mates, and we could give him an ironclad clause in a short 3 year contract that if Real Madrid bid a set amount that he and the club agree to we’d let him go. He can come to the biggest league in the world and play on a proper stage for a couple of years and then still get his Real Madrid dream move in his prime mid to late 20’s years.

If we are literally the only bid on the table and it’s €150m or lose him for free next season, PSG have to at least think about it, right? 

Dunno if already discussed, this thread is crazy fast, but rumor section on BBC (yeah I know) says Bernardo Silva may be avail for a reasonable fee.

As someone who thinks he's overrated, I still think he is an excellent player, so a move for him would evidently make sense esp given our gaping hole on the right wing.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I know the chances of success are surely 0%, but PSG’s President has once again today stated strongly that if Mbappe doesn’t extend his contract within the next couple of weeks then they MUST sell him because they won’t lose him for free next summer. I’m not sure Real Madrid can realistically spend €150m or more this summer having already spend mega money on Bellingham and others. I don’t know if any other PL club would be mad enough to pay the money necessary. Perhaps if United gets their state owned takeover within the next week or two.

So with this new money we’ve received from sales, why not put a crazy offer in to PSG and try to convince Mbappe? He knows and has worked under Poch, we have several of his French mates, and we could give him an ironclad clause in a short 3 year contract that if Real Madrid bid a set amount that he and the club agree to we’d let him go. He can come to the biggest league in the world and play on a proper stage for a couple of years and then still get his Real Madrid dream move in his prime mid to late 20’s years.

If we are literally the only bid on the table and it’s €150m or lose him for free next season, PSG have to at least think about it, right? 

Mbappe would never accept to come here especially no CL.