Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

7 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I think at the front of the line now must be someone who fights for the badge because that is half the problem, in fact most of the problem.

Rice would offer legs, grit, fight and most of all would care.

Also he’s been a captain and leader for so long and we need that like nobody’s business

12 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Definitely playing the long game with these outgoings. 

June 30th being the FFP deadline doesn't seem to be considered an issue at the club. 

I read somewhere that we only need.to make 20m, if that's the case would explain alot.

3 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I think the combination of a terrible start by the owners. A season that was dreadful. Our veteran players wanting to leave. We are not a real attractive club for top players right now.

Not easy to describe anyone as a top player these days ...
We need power transfers.

5 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I think the combination of a terrible start by the owners. A season that was dreadful. Our veteran players wanting to leave. We are not a real attractive club for top players right now.

Think thats the truth. If we do ok 23/24 that could turn the tide

1 minute ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

To me anything under £50M for Havertz is not enough. Not when the likes of Leicester are asking for £40M for Barnes. It doesn't matter how meh Kai has been here, he is still a young full international player. 

Exactly - if we were trying to buy him from Madrid they'd be quoting 90m

I get the reasoning behind selling high-value players like Kovacic, Mount and Kai first to ease the selling pressure to then be in a better position to offload the absolute deadwood but if we get bent over for those, we will actually be in a worse position than before due to the precedent set. In any case we should not budge. We may need to sell players but those three mentioned are in high demand.

Still it will continue to haunt me forever how we spunked out 600m on players that are mostly absolute shite and way worse than the ones we are now trying to offload first (which we are forced to cos the dregs we bought were so overpriced and are now unmovable bc of wages an being shit ofc).

Sterling is no better than Kai and 4y older , Cucu is not really better than Azpi, Mudryk is way worse than Mount or even Pulisic, not even gonna start with how we downgraded with fkin K2. Caicedo or Lavia are both inferior to Kovacic. We are in an ongoing process of downgrading our squad and losing tons of money in the process. The only saving grace is that some of our younger prospects still might come in clutch. Hall and Colwill looks absolutely terrific. Casadei and Santos seem to be potent goal threats. Badia is a boss, Enzo a future captain and Madueke looks like there is some player in him.

Edited by Magic Lamps

58 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I get the reasoning behind selling high-value players like Kovacic, Mount and Kai first to ease the selling pressure to then be in a better position to offload the absolute deadwood but if we get bent over for those, we will actually be in a worse position than before due to the precedent set. In any case we should not budge. We may need to sell players but those three mentioned are in high demand.

Still it will continue to haunt me forever how we spunked out 600m on players that are mostly absolute shite and way worse than the ones we are now trying to offload first (which we are forced to cos the dregs we bought were so overpriced and are now unmovable bc of wages an being shit ofc).

Sterling is no better than Kai and 4y older , Cucu is not really better than Azpi, Mudryk is way worse than Mount or even Pulisic, not even gonna start with how we downgraded with fkin K2. Caicedo or Lavia are both inferior to Kovacic. We are in an ongoing process of downgrading our squad and losing tons of money in the process. The only saving grace is that some of our younger prospects still might come in clutch. Hall and Colwill looks absolutely terrific. Casadei and Santos seem to be potent goal threats. Badia is a boss, Enzo a future captain and Madueke looks like there is some player in him.

Couldn't agree more, and another worrying sign is that these players suddenly want out, some desperately so. Yes, I understand that a lot of money is made on transfers, but happy players tend to stick around. 😟

Edited by robsblubot

28 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

We are in an ongoing process of downgrading our squad and losing tons of money in the process.

Well, at least "THE VISION" will have an opportunity to finally materialize and owners will be able to act like they were managing their beloved Brighton, aka get ready for fight for the upper part of the table, boys gave everything. 

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I've only seen City strongly linked to Kovacic, so selling him first for a figure around £25-30m makes sense all around. That should put us in the clear regarding FFP for now while allowing us to demand fair prices rather than gifting first team quality players away.

I honestly can't think of a buy that I would deem a success since Kante, which was largely down to his release clause. No one with any football knowledge was appointed after Emenalo left, and the cycle kept going, dud after dud. Boehly went about things completely the wrong way in the hope that throwing money around would stick, which in turn has put us in an even bigger whole.

I'll repeat what I said in another thread: I envision us becoming a team like Arsenal if we don't get our house in order within the next 12 to 18 months.

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Exactly my point.

I can't believe how anyone can be thrilled with this.

I think most of the fanbase has just become numb after the entire past season.

To sum it up., we've dropped several places in the league, we downgraded on managers (at least until Poch was appointed), and now we're offloading the players that helped us be a top 4 side and at least compete for cup competitions.

Chelsea needed some treatment, but we're going for a full surgery with no guarantee on returns.

A lot of hopes are being pinned on Pochettino and a select few good signings like Enzo.

Edited by Blue Armour

1 hour ago, mkh said:
Breaking | Chelsea initiate contact over the possible signing of Mike Maignan from AC Milan, according to L’Équipe.

Would absolutely love this. Admittedly I haven seen that much Milan (or Lille), but every time I have seen him play, he has been outstanding.

sterling it is better than kai

even koulibaly it was better at the end of the season than the beginning

cucurella its better than azpi that is finished 

our problem is not your defense, its our attack

Kova its injury prone and caicedo makes a lot of sense