Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

That would be unreal but both players have SO much competition form UCL clubs. Even getting 1 of them will be super tough. Get both and we’d have one of the best midfield’s in the world.

I personally don't see CL a big factor. These are young players and have their entire career to play in CL, and this is Chelsea Football Club. The last English European Champions and arguably one of if not the most successful English club during these players' life time. We still have pull. Add Poch and Enzo + other talented players, it is an attractive project. 

Arsenal will be Arsenal and PSG are a step behind us in terms of their project. Not to mention Paris is a shit hole. 

32 minutes ago, Pizy said:

That would be unreal but both players have SO much competition form UCL clubs. Even getting 1 of them will be super tough. Get both and we’d have one of the best midfield’s in the world.

I think having Poch confirmed now makes a big difference. He might not be that very top tier like a Pep or Klopp, but he is very well regarded as a high quality coach and from what has been widely reported, is an incredibly strong people person. I would imagine the combination of him and Chelsea as a club in general would be a pretty strong pull still.

We've had an awful season but a lot of people aren't idiots and can see a bigger picture. There's a lot of quality and a lot of potential with our squad and hopefully in a far more settled environment next season we'll be pushing upwards again. In the case of Caicedo, he isn't going to come cheap which immediately limits the number of clubs that will be looking at him. Add a couple of other midfielders who will likely make similar moves such as MacAllister, Rice, etc and we might find that competition to sign him isn't quite as big as one might initially think.

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

A bit worried that we still don't have any solid links to a striker or any sort of goal scoring central attacker (besides Nkunku)

IMO, transfer departures should wait until Poch comes in and does his own assessment of the squad.

Else would just be the Boehly and Eghbali show all over again.

But transfer arrivals can happen before he comes in.

Maybe we're in this situation all because of FFP, but it's still a crappy situation to be in.

Eh, you would wait to start the clear out? I think the club is doing exactly the right thing tbh.

Poch has no doubt giving his assessment of who he wants to keep based on what he can see (which I'm sure is plenty, combined with conversations he will have had with people at the club), and if they are willing to stay they will stay. Everyone else is gone. We can already make signings if we know fundamentally we are guaranteed to have gaps, per Poch's desires on who he sees as his type of player.

No doubt some of the people he thinks he wants to keep he'll see and change his mind on eventually when he gets to know their behaviour / personality better, but I doubt he is casting out anyone he will later think "turns out he is the kind of player I like after all."

And more important than all of this is it could take a long time and a lot of work and negotiation to get this many players shifted without just doing a last minute desperate fire sale for cheap, so we simply have to start now.

3 hours ago, lucio said:

We won the CL playing like that and he played a big part 

We played like that under Frank (the manager that lead us to the KO stages)?

Edited by LAM09

2 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

A bit worried that we still don't have any solid links to a striker or any sort of goal scoring central attacker (besides Nkunku)

IMO, transfer departures should wait until Poch comes in and does his own assessment of the squad.

Else would just be the Boehly and Eghbali show all over again.

But transfer arrivals can happen before he comes in.

Maybe we're in this situation all because of FFP, but it's still a crappy situation to be in.

It seems like Poch wants to have a look at Broja and Fofana before making an assessment, so that could be part of the reason. I'm not sure it's the wisest move to give others a head start for a player in a position we're arguably most in need of.

Edited by LAM09

Under NO circumstance should Colwill be sold obviously, but even another loan back to Brighton would annoy me. He should be thought of as an instant, match week 1 starter at this point.

If he’s part of any Caicedo deal it the only way the club should do it is if he signs an even further extension to his contract. Like a new 5 year deal.

We should be searching high and low for a buyer for Koulibaly to make room for Levi.

Quick question, is Caicedo even £70M + Colwill on loan good?

For me, I would rather have Colwill in the first team and learn first hand from one of the legends of the game rather than splash for Caicedo. Also imagine the salary for an £80M player, who is already in the PL.

I'll laugh so hard if we will sell all our core players with steep discount and in typical Chelsea manner, Havertz, Kova, Mount or CHO will be killing it for Madrid, United and whatnot, meanwhile we will be stuck in the same struggle next season, only after spending another fortune for both CM targets, that will demonstrate how dreadful a sum of three great players can get 👀   

32 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

I'll laugh so hard if we will sell all our core players with steep discount and in typical Chelsea manner, Havertz, Kova, Mount or CHO will be killing it for Madrid, United and whatnot, meanwhile we will be stuck in the same struggle next season, only after spending another fortune for both CM targets, that will demonstrate how dreadful a sum of three great players can get 👀   

CHO could hardly get a game for Leveruksen since Alonso took charge. He was either overhyped from the get go, the ACL injury was extremely damaging to his career or a bit of both.

With regards to the other three, we have to come to terms with the fact that there's a high chance at least one of them (should we part ways with all three) will hit the ground running while they weren't up to it here on a regular basis. The bolded part seems to have started already, with the club demanding €25m for RLC one moment before deciding €15m plus add-ons is sufficient to ship him off to Milan. 

We have to stand firm on players values instead of constantly being shafted ourselves.