Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Mário César said:

I rather sell mount than kova

To see rival fans reaction is enough. 

People on RedCafe want Kovacic for long time. Now tier one journalist saying City interested. 

On same RedCafe people saying about Mount things like:

I'd rather guide my dad into my mum

I’d rather shit in my hands and clap

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

To see rival fans reaction is enough. 

People on RedCafe want Kovacic for long time. Now tier one journalist saying City interested. 

On same RedCafe people saying about Mount things like:

I'd rather guide my dad into my mum

I’d rather shit in my hands and clap

exactly

kova is far better player than mount 

If I have to choose between kova or Mount, my choise is pretty easy 

2 hours ago, Mário César said:

exactly

kova is far better player than mount 

If I have to choose between kova or Mount, my choise is pretty easy 

I'd keep Mount and ship Kova yesterday. I think he's skillful and good on the ball, esp dribbling, but he's a CM who can't shoot and can't hit a long ball to save his life, which puts him on the limited category in my book. On top of that, Kova is extremely injury prone. Finally, now Enzo replaces him to the dot.

Regarding opinions on forums? really?! 😅 We, fans, see a fraction of the game. That's why we are here, while the guys who see the whole game make (some a lot of) money *in football*.

It's also harder to see off the ball movements on TV as the camera does not capture important movement players do (or do not). 

6 hours ago, robsblubot said:

I'd keep Mount and ship Kova yesterday. I think he's skillful and good on the ball, esp dribbling, but he's a CM who can't shoot and can't hit a long ball to save his life, which puts him on the limited category in my book. On top of that, Kova is extremely injury prone. Finally, now Enzo replaces him to the dot.

Regarding opinions on forums? really?! 😅 We, fans, see a fraction of the game. That's why we are here, while the guys who see the whole game make (some a lot of) money *in football*.

It's also harder to see off the ball movements on TV as the camera does not capture important movement players do (or do not). 

here is a rehash of my thoughts on Kova:

I know why there is the speculation on Kova.

Kova turns 30 at the end of next season, and his contract expires right after he turns 30, on Jun 30, 2024

That is about the most unclear case of a player's age and contract expiration as you can get, certianly within a year either way for both age and contract relative to age expiration date.

If he was 2 years younger, then sure, renew him for 4 years, as he would be 32yo old at the very end (so the age of him from now until then would be playing at age 26, 27 to just turning at the end 32 (so 31yo in reality for the last year), aka prime AF years.

BUT he is not two years younger, so the same situ yields playing time from 28, 29 now to just turning 34yo, in reality 33 for most of the last year, so 2 or even 3 pretty not prime years.

Its a real quandary.

This summer is the last you can get max or near max money (mitigated ny his short contract time remaining) for him, we all know that except for a few CFs, then the top GKers, and of course Messi/CR7 types, the value slams down when you hit 30 years of age or more, especially 31.

someone is hitting the crack pipe early this morning on the first day of March

madder than a March hare

Madder than a March Hare” – The Celtic Ranch

Chelsea could sign four PSG stars to transform fortunes with 'mass exodus on cards'

Paris Saint-Germain are planning to clear out their squad in the summer transfer window - something that could be of interest to Chelsea.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1740594/Chelsea-transfer-news-PSG-mass-exodus-Neymar-Achraf-Hakimi-Nuno-Mendes

Chelsea could be one of several high-profile clubs set to profit from a potential fire-sale at Paris Saint-Germain this summer amid suggestions there could be a big summer clear-out on the cards at the Parc des Princes. Reports within the French media suggest the Ligue 1 champions may have to raise cash this summer with budget cuts and that could be music to the ears of several Premier League sides given some of the talent currently at PSG's disposal.

Express Sport analyses four players that could hypothetically be of interest to Chelsea this summer if PSG are indeed willing to cash-in on a number of their first team players.

Gianluigi Donnarumma

Donnarumma is perhaps the signing that would make the most sense from a Chelsea perspective.

The Blues are still enduring struggles between the posts with Kepa Arrizabalaga simply not up to scratch, despite the vast improvements he has made under Graham Potter since his appointment in September.

Kepa was once again criticised on Sunday as Chelsea fell to a 2-0 defeat at Tottenham after the Spaniard flapped at a long-range strike from Oliver Skipp that went in off the crossbar.

Edouard Mendy is still yet to make his return from injury but long-term, there is a sense that neither goalkeeper is good enough for the level Chelsea desire.

Donnarumma was the best goalkeeper at Euro 2020 and although PSG are unlikely to be keen on losing the Italian, he is an option that must surely fall under consideration given that he is now among the best No 1s in world football.

Achraf Hakimi

Hakimi is a player that is of interest to Chelsea and the Blues have previously looked into the signing of the Moroccan, who seems more than content in Paris.

He would be a top-class rival for Reece James and would also represent a firm upgrade on seasoned veteran Cesar Azpilicueta.

Furthermore, his potential arrival would hypothetically give Potter or any other Blues boss the chance to shift James to a right-sided centre-back role.

It's a position where James has previously thrived for both Chelsea and England and Hakimi's arrival would immediately take the club's defence to a new level of quality.

Again, it's unclear whether PSG would entertain the sale of Hakimi who is an integral player but if he was up for grabs, this deal would make perfect sense for the Blues.

Nuno Mendes

Nuno Mendes would be a rather exciting acquisition for the Blues as he would represent a genuine upgrade on their current options at left-back.

Marc Cucurella has been booed in recent weeks by Chelsea supporters and Ben Chilwell just cannot seem to stay fit.

If Cucurella is to depart in the summer - something that is starting to look probable - signing Mendes would be smart business.

Mendes is now one of the best left-backs in world football and is only getting better at the young age of 20. He has not been with PSG long, however, which would raise questions about whether they would be prepared to sell or furthermore, the kind of price they would be looking for.

Neymar

It's a move that could divide opinion but there has been a lot of speculation in recent weeks that Chelsea could be in the hunt for Neymar.

The Brazilian is yet to test himself on English shores and Chelsea are one of the clubs that would represent a realistic avenue if he was keen to pursue a transfer to the Premier League.

Whether Chelsea need him right now is another question altogether but he would be the kind of superstar signing that Todd Boehly craves.

Neymar is one of the biggest names in world football and there would undoubtedly be financial rewards of bringing him to Stamford Bridge in terms of revenue but ultimately, in football terms, it would represent a massive gamble.

Chelsea do not need to be taking any more risks at this stage of their project, they need to be spending sensibly following their excessive £600million+ splurge.

Mad As A March Hare" - Petticoats & Pistols

Edited by Vesper

56 minutes ago, Vesper said:

someone is hitting the crack pipe early this morning on the first day of March

madder than a March hare

Madder than a March Hare” – The Celtic Ranch

Chelsea could sign four PSG stars to transform fortunes with 'mass exodus on cards'

Paris Saint-Germain are planning to clear out their squad in the summer transfer window - something that could be of interest to Chelsea.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1740594/Chelsea-transfer-news-PSG-mass-exodus-Neymar-Achraf-Hakimi-Nuno-Mendes

Chelsea could be one of several high-profile clubs set to profit from a potential fire-sale at Paris Saint-Germain this summer amid suggestions there could be a big summer clear-out on the cards at the Parc des Princes. Reports within the French media suggest the Ligue 1 champions may have to raise cash this summer with budget cuts and that could be music to the ears of several Premier League sides given some of the talent currently at PSG's disposal.

Express Sport analyses four players that could hypothetically be of interest to Chelsea this summer if PSG are indeed willing to cash-in on a number of their first team players.

Gianluigi Donnarumma

Donnarumma is perhaps the signing that would make the most sense from a Chelsea perspective.

The Blues are still enduring struggles between the posts with Kepa Arrizabalaga simply not up to scratch, despite the vast improvements he has made under Graham Potter since his appointment in September.

Kepa was once again criticised on Sunday as Chelsea fell to a 2-0 defeat at Tottenham after the Spaniard flapped at a long-range strike from Oliver Skipp that went in off the crossbar.

Edouard Mendy is still yet to make his return from injury but long-term, there is a sense that neither goalkeeper is good enough for the level Chelsea desire.

Donnarumma was the best goalkeeper at Euro 2020 and although PSG are unlikely to be keen on losing the Italian, he is an option that must surely fall under consideration given that he is now among the best No 1s in world football.

Achraf Hakimi

Hakimi is a player that is of interest to Chelsea and the Blues have previously looked into the signing of the Moroccan, who seems more than content in Paris.

He would be a top-class rival for Reece James and would also represent a firm upgrade on seasoned veteran Cesar Azpilicueta.

Furthermore, his potential arrival would hypothetically give Potter or any other Blues boss the chance to shift James to a right-sided centre-back role.

It's a position where James has previously thrived for both Chelsea and England and Hakimi's arrival would immediately take the club's defence to a new level of quality.

Again, it's unclear whether PSG would entertain the sale of Hakimi who is an integral player but if he was up for grabs, this deal would make perfect sense for the Blues.

Nuno Mendes

Nuno Mendes would be a rather exciting acquisition for the Blues as he would represent a genuine upgrade on their current options at left-back.

Marc Cucurella has been booed in recent weeks by Chelsea supporters and Ben Chilwell just cannot seem to stay fit.

If Cucurella is to depart in the summer - something that is starting to look probable - signing Mendes would be smart business.

Mendes is now one of the best left-backs in world football and is only getting better at the young age of 20. He has not been with PSG long, however, which would raise questions about whether they would be prepared to sell or furthermore, the kind of price they would be looking for.

Neymar

It's a move that could divide opinion but there has been a lot of speculation in recent weeks that Chelsea could be in the hunt for Neymar.

The Brazilian is yet to test himself on English shores and Chelsea are one of the clubs that would represent a realistic avenue if he was keen to pursue a transfer to the Premier League.

Whether Chelsea need him right now is another question altogether but he would be the kind of superstar signing that Todd Boehly craves.

Neymar is one of the biggest names in world football and there would undoubtedly be financial rewards of bringing him to Stamford Bridge in terms of revenue but ultimately, in football terms, it would represent a massive gamble.

Chelsea do not need to be taking any more risks at this stage of their project, they need to be spending sensibly following their excessive £600million+ splurge.

Mad As A March Hare" - Petticoats & Pistols

Seems totally legit.. PSG want to "clear their squad" from Nuno Mendes to keep Juan Bernat.

🚨 the Daily Briefing - Chelsea star's future OPEN, Arsenal star could leave, Man City 'busy' on Bellingham, and more

The latest transfer headlines, featuring Jude Bellingham, Raheem Sterling, and more

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F430f59df-7ba3-421d-8b05-001e00b544fd_1230x760.jpeg

Good morning and welcome to today’s Daily Briefing, brought to you ad-free and straight to your inbox as always. Enjoy! 🙂

Today’s top stories:

• Arsenal linked with Raheem Sterling - the TRUTH

• Mateo Kovacic’s Chelsea future is open

• Plus more from Barcelona, Real Madrid and Liverpool

Arsenal

I’m not convinced by the Raheem Sterling links with Arsenal. I think we can expect to see ten links per day for Chelsea players as they have many players! But it’s March and nothing is concrete at this stage, all sources don’t confirm concrete interest as of now. It’s also worth remembering that Arsenal signed Leandro Trossard in January and will also extend Bukayo Saka’s contract, so they have good options in that position already.

Kieran Tierney could leave Arsenal in the summer. Mikel Arteta: “I don’t know, I’m not thinking about it. I’m thinking about what’s best for the team. Players have the right to play minutes, which they all deserve, we’re going to try to do that in the next games.”

🚨 To read the rest of the Daily Briefing and to GET 3 MONTHS FREE, subscribe now for daily transfer round-ups and exclusive columns from the biggest journalists in football 🚨

Arsenal don’t want to distract any of their players in crucial moment of the season. I’m told there’s a chance Tierney will leave in the summer but this is not 100% approved yet on the club side, they want all the team to be 100% focused on the final games of the season to win trophies.

“Step by step”, Gabriel Jesus posts on his social media accounts as he’s now working with the ball preparing his return:

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F8b4725aa-9b28-41a9-8768-1cb3fd801ddf_1179x899.jpeg

Mikel Arteta confirms no problems or issues between Gabriel Magalhaes and William Saliba: “Gabriel and Willy Saliba are a happy marriage, as you can see they are very passionate and also very demanding. Everything is fine.”

Negotiations continue between Arsenal and William Saliba over a new contract. It is the next priority for the club after Bukayo Saka, whose deal is almost done. Saliba wants to stay - talks are ongoing on details/salary/structure of the deal, deal not at final stages yet.

💬 Arsenal fans - are you concerned by the Gabriel-Saliba row? And how are you feeling about your title chances as Jesus nears a return?

Barcelona

Vitor Roque: “I feel ready to make the move to Barcelona, of course. Would be amazing to play with Lewandowski. Barcelona is a dream. If I end up there, it will be a great joy for my family and me. It’d be a fantastic move.”

Chelsea

I’m aware there’s been speculation linking Mateo Kovacic as a target for Manchester City, so I thought I’d give my understanding of the situation: Kovacic’s future is open, he’s one of the players who could be on the move but I understand that no final decision has been made yet on his contract situation. It will be discussed later this year; Manchester City remain busy in Jude Bellingham race with Liverpool and Real Madrid, as of now.

I’m not convinced by the Raheem Sterling rumours I’ve seen doing the rounds. I think we will have ten links per day for Chelsea players as they have many players! But it’s March and nothing is concrete at this stage, all sources don’t confirm concrete interest as of now. It’s also worth remembering that Arsenal signed Leandro Trossard in January and will also extend Bukayo Saka’s contract, I’m also sure Sterling wants to fight for his Chelsea place. This is something for the summer, not for now.

Chelsea were also keen on signing Gabriele Biancheri - the talented youngster who has just been snapped up to join Manchester United’s Academy. It’s not surprising to see there was other interest, but United wanted to anticipate other clubs and moved fast and early.

N’Golo Kante’s position has been crucial to get new deal close: he had options on free transfer but he loves the club and wanted to stay in London. The agreement is very close, not sealed yet, with just some details missing on length of the contract, but it’s really advanced.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Faeff6ceb-67af-4272-afa3-7f2046d622a5_3623x2415.jpeg

Andrey Santos was in attendance for Vasco da Gama game yesterday night — loan deal has been agreed on Monday and it will be completed soon with Chelsea. Andrey will return to Chelsea in July for 2023/24 season. He will start training with Vasco later this week.

Chelsea statement on Thiago Silva has confirmed that “he has sustained a knee injury, underwent further assessment and scan confirmed damage to Thiago’s knee ligaments”. He will now be out for almost 5-6 weeks, he’ll try to return as soon as possible.

Chelsea remain optimistic on Mason Mount’s future and the ownership has always made keeping him a priority, says Ben Jacobs.

💬 Should Chelsea let Kovacic, Mount or Sterling go this summer? Who would you like to see sold? Give me your thoughts in the comments!

Hull City

Hull City are closing in on agreement over the permanent signing of Xavier Simons from Chelsea. The final details are being ironed out in order to get it sealed. Negotiations are at advanced stages between the parties, with the player already approving the move.

Juventus

We’ve finally seen Paul Pogba make his first appearance in his second spell as a Juventus player. He was on the pitch in the second half of the Turin Derby vs Torino. It’s 315 days after his last appearance - in that case with Manchester United.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F203fcebc-02dd-4c22-a989-0fb61fe4673c_3492x2328.jpeg

Liverpool

Jurgen Klopp on Liverpool’s future: “We have a future together, it is our decision how we deal with things. We have values, we have principles. We don't want to be different as a club. We ARE different as a club. We have a future together.”

Virgil van Dijk confirms Jurgen Klopp will stay at Liverpool: “Of course, Klopp is the boss and that doesn’t change. I‘m very happy with him, he’s very happy at Liverpool. I hope better times are coming again, that’s what we are working for.”

Mohamed Salah’s agent Ramy Abbas answers on rumours that he’d would leave Liverpool if they didn't qualify for the UCL: “This is nonsense. This was never discussed or thought about. Not qualifying to Champions League hasn’t even crossed our minds.”

Liverpool are monitoring Josko Gvardiol ahead of a potential summer transfer, and he favours a move to the Premier League, says Ben Jacobs.

📰 Naby Keita is a target for his old club RB Leipzig ahead of his Liverpool contract expiring this summer (Bild)

Manchester City

Despite links with Mateo Kovacic, Manchester City are busy on the Jude Bellingham deal, where they’re up against Liverpool and Real Madrid.

Manchester City are one of the clubs eyeing up £100m-rated Napoli star Khvicha Kvaratskhelia ahead of the summer, says Ben Jacobs.

Manchester United

Despite rumours, I’m not aware of direct contacts between Mason Mount and Manchester United at the moment; another situation that will be clarified in May/June, in that moment Chelsea will make a decision on his contract. I think Mount is a great idea for every club in the world, I really like him as a player.

Gabriele Biancheri is considered a very talented boy and Manchester United feel their new signing has an excellent potential for the future. They really wanted him, it was an important move for the Academy. Chelsea were also keen on signing him, but United wanted to anticipate the other clubs by reaching an agreement in February.

📰 Manchester United want two big signings this summer, with Victor Osimhen and Mohammed Kudus among Erik ten Hag’s priorities (Manchester Evening News)

Orlando City

Uruguayan winger Facundo Torres will extend his contract with MLS side Orlando City, agreement in place until 2027 — here Torres with agents Egardo Lasalvia & Gustavo Santorini. My understanding is that there will be a release clause worth $30m in the new contract.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F1ff9bfd3-46e9-4f2a-9e78-bca8b4f7fcf3_1179x1296.jpeg

Real Madrid

📰 Real Madrid are making Jude Bellingham and Josko Gvardiol their two top targets for the summer transfer window (Sport)

West Ham United

World Soccer Agency announce they’ve decided to part ways with West Ham striker Gianluca Scamacca. There were problems between Scamacca and his agency so they decided to part ways and Scamacca will sign soon with another agency. This has nothing to do with a summer transfer, as of now; it was just an internal problem between Scamacca and the agency.

Love Kova. One of my favorite players to watch when he’s at his best. But I don’t blame the club if they’re hesitant at offering him a new deal with his constant injury issues.

Be sad to see him sold this summer but would understand. Definitely wouldn’t want him to go to another PL club.

20 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

So if we continue 4231 midfielders for next season:

Enzo 

New midfielder to pair with Enzo in pivot 

Kante 

Santos 

And maybe Gallagher for 5th place just in case plus homegrown. Don't know what will happen with Zakaria. Available for 25m. 

Mount cannot play pivot and not sure he wants to be backup for Nkunku. 

If Felix continues like last 3 games would be stupid to buy him. He plays for contract next 2 months. 

The only thing 4231 has done is limiting Chilwell and James offence, I hope we will go back to 433.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Love Kova. One of my favorite players to watch when he’s at his best. But I don’t blame the club if they’re hesitant at offering him a new deal with his constant injury issues.

Be sad to see him sold this summer but would understand. Definitely wouldn’t want him to go to another PL club.

The problem is the lack of money everywhere else. 

Besides the very top shelf of teams, the rest of Europe can't even compete with the lower half of the Premier League with regards to financial power for transfer fees and just as importantly, wages. 

I think we'll see with more regularity clubs within the Prem being more receptive to trading players between one another. A clear case of this was City last summer being willing to sell players to rival clubs.

If we could get say £20-25m for Kova with a year left on his contract from City, I'd be surprised if we got an offer close to that on the continent. 

14 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

There is also talk that Forran Torres will want to go where Enrique manages.

Fuck this nepotism trash, Torres is dating Enrique's daughter he will play this idiot every match just like Lampard was playing Mount. Get Flick, Pochettino or Amorim.