Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Redcafe forum is a Chelsea slaughter house ATM haha, we are disgusting we are ruining the game, cheats etc etc lol, green eyed monster is a horrible thing.

the thing is, they are going to have new owners soon and will do exactly the same..

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

The only reason to go above the buyout is to try and negotiate instalments for the payments...rather than having to pay the 120 million + taxes in one hit. 

Neither of us, I think, know the full facts but I don't believe what you say here is correct.

I think Chelsea is flushed with cash and can easily pay the transfer fee in one payment if they wish. The issue is not about payment terms, but about how those payments can be accounted for FFP purposes. Formally triggering the clause means that the full amount, plus taxes, must be accounted for FFP purposes in the current year. That becomes a problem because we would then fail FFP. On the other hand, completing the deal as a standard transfer, i.e. without triggering the clause, allows the cost to be amortised across the contract regardless of whether the actual payment is made in one payment or not. This would allow us to pass this year's FFP.

This is about FFP, not the ability to pay.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

Just now, Johnnyeye said:

feels like we are setting up for failure with this Enzo saga, this is dragging on for too long.

Well one thing is for sure, the hours are now limited, no longer days to play with and the clock is ticking.

All month long we’ve heard about how it was the 100m or nothing. Now we stump up the 100m and still the deal is up in the air.

If what ALL of the reliable journalists yesterday reported is true (that we DID out £106m in the table) then that means the extra installments only total a few million, right? Is that small amount really holding up this deal?

23 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I believe this is exactly the difference between the two clubs currently.

Chelsea will argue that, as long as Benfica get the clause amount, it shouldn't matter to them whether or not that comes from a formal triggering of the buyout. 

Benfica will argue that if Chelsea trigger the clause it will cost them a lot more than the clause amount. By paying above the clause, in exchange for Benfica doing the deal as a standard transfer, Chelsea actually save money.

Benfica can sit on this all day long, they will still get close to 100M for Enzo in the summer, it's obvious Todd and the rest need to do something right now, overpay if must, get him at all costs no more fucking around. Do something Todd.

The biggest thing that should still give us encouragement is that UEFA amortization loophole changing in the summer. The club will be desperate to get a 100m player on a super long deal this month or it’ll become highly unlikely that we can afford him in a few months.

As some of us have said all month, it’s January or not at all unless we have a contract inked for him to move in the summer with the current amortization rules locked in. There will be way more suitors then and who knows how attractive we may still be to him then depending on how the rest of our season goes.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

All month long we’ve heard about how it was the 100m or nothing. Now we stump up the 100m and still the deal is up in the air.

If what ALL of the reliable journalists yesterday reported is true (that we DID out £106m in the table) then that means the extra installments only total a few million, right? Is that small amount really holding up this deal?

You are mixing up euros and pounds 

The release clause is €120m (£105.3m)

We apparently (this is not 100% verified) offered around £115m IF Benfica treats it like a regular transfer and not a release clause buyout (to avoid tge crazy taxes a RC triggering incurs) AND also to incentivise them into accepting somewhat breaking it into instalments, with a big chunk followed by smaller chunks.

4 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

This is why we will never truly be an elite side, we always happily waste money but never go the extra mile to get the last decisive signing or two 

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

If we hit that clause it doesn't become about Rui Costa anymore, and it seems this saga is all about him and he's enjoying the limelight.

The problem it seems is that triggering the clause, and being forced to account that amount plus taxes, in the current year's FFP, will mean that we can't pass FFP. That therefore means we cannot do the deal on this basis. Note, it's not that we can't afford the payment, we can, it's that we can't afford the FFP hit.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

4 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

The problem it seems is that triggering the clause, and being forced to account that amount plus taxes, in the current year's FFP, will mean that we can't pass FFP. That therefore means we cannot do the deal on this basis. Note, it's not that we can't afford the payment, we can, it's that we can't afford the FFP hit.

This is horseshit, we've been in discussions for over a day if Costa only wanted the RC there wouldn't even be discussions. This is down to structures and installments, Todd wants 6 or something, looks like he wants to penny pinch for the sake of it instead of doing 3-4 installments.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Its not just that though is it? Its always been the structure of the deal.

If we put the full sum there it would remove all doubts and mean its legally binding that they have to accept it.

It is as much Boehly & co in the limelight as it is Rui Costa I feel. It was always going to be complicated regardless unless it was done one way: the way Benfica wanted it done ie. full clause but they don’t want to/can’t do that for financial reasoning. Apparently. 

I know I'm repeating myself so forgive me please, but I don't think Benfica are holding out for the clause. I believe they are holding out for more than the clause.