Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Just 2 days ago when rumors of us offering J5 a new contract I was okay with it. I still am but ONLY if he’s a squad player.

He highlighted again today why Enzo would be a transformational midfielder for us. Offers everything Jorginho does in terms of comfort relieving the ball but he can actually move about the pitch and break down defenses. 

We desperately need to upgrade his spot. Jorginho should start games only when he’s part of a 3 and has complete protection.

2 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

He moves to a big club and gets 4x his current salary (rumor), of course he comes.

And thats what is the problem with Chelsea now. We have become the new Man U. Players coming here for their big pay day with no passion or fight for the club. Thats why we have all these mediocre games. Players like Timo although highly paid actually gave their all in games and have now been sold and replaced with players who are here just for the big paycheck

13 minutes ago, turgi said:

This squad needs a complete overhaul.

I haven’t got one position that I feel safe with.

its simple

the only players I would keep from the Sr squad (as it stands today, as listed on T-markt) are

Kepa Arrizabalaga (for backup)
Gabriel Slonina (our evental starter hopefully)
Trevoh Chalobah
Thiago Silva
Ben Chilwell  
Reece James  
Mateo Kovacic  
Carney Chukwuemeka 
Mason Mount 
Kai Havertz 
David Datro Fofana  

the past two summer windows have been disastrous

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

its simple

the only players I would keep from the Sr squad (as it stands today, as listed on T-markt) are

Kepa Arrizabalaga (for backup)
Gabriel Slonina (our evental starter hopefully)
Trevoh Chalobah
Thiago Silva
Ben Chilwell  
Reece James  
Mateo Kovacic  
Carney Chukwuemeka 
Mason Mount 
Kai Havertz 
David Datro Fofana  

the past two summer windows have been disastrous

It looks like you're missing Cucurella and Fofana.  They are both better than Chalobah and should be given a chance to settle into the squad. 

As for Mason Mount, not sure if we actually need him for 300k a week, he's not going to transform our midfield or attack. 

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

Just 2 days ago when rumors of us offering J5 a new contract I was okay with it. I still am but ONLY if he’s a squad player.

He highlighted again today why Enzo would be a transformational midfielder for us. Offers everything Jorginho does in terms of comfort relieving the ball but he can actually move about the pitch and break down defenses. 

We desperately need to upgrade his spot. Jorginho should start games only when he’s part of a 3 and has complete protection.

In all honesty, Jorginho should probably go back to Serie A.   He is a big reason as to why our midfield keeps on getting man handled by any decent team (Brentford, Forest, Leeds have absolutely destroyed us through the middle this season, Arsenal barely left 2nd gear against us and we haven't even faced City or Liverpool yet).

Can't believe we actually went from the likes of Essien, Ballack, Obi Mikel to Jorginho.  

If our 3 first team midfielders were offered to the rest of the top 6 right now, they would take Kante/Kovacic in a heartbeat but I doubt anyone would be that keen on Jorginho as he offers nothing other than recycling possesion. 

13 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

It looks like you're missing Cucurella and Fofana.  They are both better than Chalobah and should be given a chance to settle into the squad. 

As for Mason Mount, not sure if we actually need him for 300k a week, he's not going to transform our midfield or attack. 

nope

I wish they were gone (or even better, NEVER PURCHASED)

bad, bad buys more than likely that I was against from long before we bought them

especially for close to £140m

Fofana looks damaged goods and we paid double what CuCu (who is nothing more than a backup quality LB), should have cost

I am so fucking sick of these dodgy buys and also refusals to buy great players like Tchou in 2021 (when we should have sold Kante, who would have easily paid for Tchou then)

just done

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

nope

I wish they were gone (or even better, NEVER PURCHASED)

bad, bad buys more than likely that I was against from long before we bought them

especially for close to £140m

Fofana looks damaged goods and we paid double what CuCu (who is nothing more than a backup quality LB), should have cost

I am so fucking sick of these dodgy buys and also refusals to buy great players like Tchou in 2021 (when we should have sold Kante, who would have easily paid for Tchou then)

just done

Agree but unfortunately, we can't just sell these players.  

Feel like alot of the problems in our squad will be resolved once we get rid of the current attacking options (Pulisic, Ziyech, Auba) as well as allow Azpi, Jorginho to move on so that we can bring fresh energy into the first team. 

Is there any possible target to replace our attacker immediately? no one from attacker is press resistant and able to carry the ball with some actual pace

Can't stand to watch it again. When we facing team who have good physicality and great on organised their defence. Fielding player with combination of havertz-mount-sterling-pulisic (actually including ziyech and auba) is truly poor to watch.

Pulisic and sterling may the only player in this team who have a some little pace, but they only function when there are acre of space, without any opposition player following them

But they are just weak, mediocre dribbler, poor in tight areas, questionable decision at time and very very inconsistent. Actually so sad to see our attacking options right now

Edited by dimmas

The Athletic gives the impression that Chelsea wont pay what Benfica wants for Enzo (120m) and trying to lowball.

Would not surprise me if we miss out on him and spend the whole summer trying to sign midfielders only to end up with a loan or another short term solution. 

I don't recall him being mentioned here before. I hope club considers him proven enough, as jumping on 100 mil + transfers because someone performed in 10 WC games is the most idiotic thing club can do, so that's exactly the thing I'd expect Chelsea to do.