Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

10 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

You really rate all those midfielders over Guimarães?

that list is not in exact order at all

he likely is impossible to pull now so I did not bold him

same for Barella

Edited by Vesper

PSV Eindhoven are monitoring the situation of new Chelsea striker David Datro Fofana and could approach the London-based club in order to seek a loan deal for him. 

https://insidefutbol.com/2022/12/31/dutch-giants-keeping-tabs-on-20-year-old-Chelsea-star/589313/

The Dutch giants are looking at possible reinforcements and are assessing a number of options to add to their attack.

Chelsea have completed the signing of Fofana, 20, from Norwegian club Molde for €10m, but it is unclear if he will slot straight into the first team.

And according to Dutch daily the Eindhovens Dagblad, PSV Eindhoven are keeping a close eye on Fofana’s situation at Stamford Bridge.

They have taken no concrete steps, but could look to sign Fofana on loan.

The Ivory Coast international joined Molde in February last year and featured in 65 games for them making 34 goal contributions.

He was handed his international debut by the Ivory Coast in 2019 against Niger and has won three caps so far.

All eyes will be on what Chelsea boss Graham Potter chooses to do with Fofana and whether a loan might be on the table.

AC Milan have identified Chelsea goalkeeper Edouard Mendy as short-term option

https://astamfordbridgetoofar.com/2023/01/ac-milan-have-identified-Chelsea-goalkeeper-edouard-mendy-as-a-short-term-option-latest-news/

According to Corriere Della Sera (h/t Football.London), Serie A champions AC Milan have identified Chelsea goalkeeper Edouard Mendy as a short-term option in goal.

Due to Mike Maignan’s physical setbacks, Milan are looking for a goalkeeper in the January transfer window at a low cost. The report names Mendy as one of the options.

Since the arrival of Graham Potter as a Chelsea manager, Kepa Arrizabalaga has predominantly played as a number one keeper. This may allow Mendy to look for a move elsewhere in the near future.

The Senegal international recently rejected a new contract offer from the Blues, which, according to him, disrespected the work he has done for the club and his status in the squad.

Mendy’s form has not been good since the latter half of last season. Before that, he was one of the best goalkeepers in the world for a period of 12-18 months.

So, although things are not going his way in the recent past, there is a quality goalkeeper in there who might have to move to another club to get regular game time.

Whether Potter wants to keep hold of the experienced shot-stopper in the squad to fall upon when his first-choice keeper does not do well, remains to be seen.

The former Rennes goalkeeper still has more than two years left in his contract at Chelsea (Transfermarkt). But, if he stays on the bench at Stamford Bridge, clubs like Milan can buy him at a cheaper price.

some of my more obscure list names are slowly being said to be linked to us

Chelsea eye Khephren Thuram of Nice as one of the potential replacements for Jorginho

https://astamfordbridgetoofar.com/2023/01/Chelsea-eye-khephren-thuram-of-nice-as-one-of-the-potential-replacements-for-jorginho-latest-news/

Nice's Khephren Thuram celebrates after scoring a goal. (Photo by JEAN-CHRISTOPHE VERHAEGEN/AFP via Getty Images)

According to journalist Simon Phillips (h/t Football.London), Chelsea are eyeing OGC Nice midfielder Khephren Thuram as one of the potential replacements for senior midfielder Jorginho.

The report states that the Blues could make a move for a midfielder if the Italian international does not sign a new contract. His current deal at Stamford Bridge expires at the end of this season.

Khephren Thuram, son of the great Lillian and brother of French international Marcus, is a defensive midfielder by trade who can play both as a central midfielder and a wide midfielder.

fbl-fra-ligue1-nice-lens-1200x800.jpg

The France U-21 international was a youth product of AS Monaco before moving to Nice in the summer of 2019. The 21-year-old has been one of the regulars of the senior team in the last two years or so.

Thuram has played 24 games for Nice in all competitions so far this season, assisting four goals. In terms of attributes, the former Monaco player is good with his passing in midfield, does like a physical battle or two, has good recovery pace and is defensively very good by reading the game.

He is still young and has impressed as one of the best upcoming midfielders in the European circuit. Knowing the position Jorginho plays for Chelsea, if he does leave west London in the summer, Thuram is definitely an ideal like-for-like replacement from the market.

The good thing about the 21-year-old is that he is a decade younger than the Italian international, hence can offer longevity, a better positive graph with regards to improvement in the game and more dynamism on and off the ball.

Chelsea: £26m target Youssoufa Moukoko 'likes Boehly's project' at Stamford Bridge

https://www.givemesport.com/88099092-Chelsea-youssoufa-moukoko-graham-potter-premier-league-borussia-dortmund-stamford-bridge-2

methode-times-prod-web-bin-74895316-7bf1-11ed-bcd8-855e06175970.jpg

Chelsea “consider themselves in the lead” to sign Borussia Dortmund and Germany striker Youssoufa Moukoko for Graham Potter’s squad at Stamford Bridge, CBS reporter Ben Jacobs has told GiveMeSport.

The 18-year-old will enter the final six months of his current contract with the Bundesliga giants in January.

According to Bild in Germany, Dortmund have made their final contract offer to Moukoko, with the deal reportedly being worth £5.3m.

The teenager is reported to want around £6.2m, which will no doubt come as a boost to the Blues, who are looking to add another centre-forward to their squad alongside the recent £8m signing of Molde’s David Datro Fofana.

The Blues’ out-and-out striker options currently consist of Fofana and Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang, after Albanian forward Armando Broja suffered a season-ending injury in a friendly with Aston Villa earlier this month.

Jacobs has already told GiveMeSport that the west London outfit are looking to move quickly in signing the Dortmund wonderkid, with Barcelona, Liverpool and Manchester United being name-checked in the pursuit of the £26m valued forward.

And the journalist also states that Chelsea believe they are leading the race to sign Moukoko ahead of the January transfer window, with the player liking the club’s project which involves the Blues buying some of the globe’s best young talent.

What has Jacobs said about Chelsea and Moukoko?

When talking about a potential Chelsea move for Moukoko, Jacobs told GiveMeSport: “What we do know is that Moukoko likes the Chelsea project and pitch. So, Chelsea consider themselves in the lead at the moment, but there are a lot of twists and turns that can happen because of the contractual situation.

“Dortmund will continue to talk to the player after the festive period to see whether or not he will or won’t sign. Chelsea need to wait and understand that.”

Would Moukoko be a good signing for Chelsea?

Despite his young age, Moukoko has already proven that he is a solid striker option in a top European league, having scored six goals and provided four assists in 14 Bundesliga appearances this season, according to Transfermarkt.

These showings have led to the two-time Germany international being handed an average WhoScored rating of 6.88 for the current Bundesliga campaign, ranking him as the club’s joint-fifth-best performer at Signal Iduna Park.

And he is certainly capable of competing with the continent’s best number nine’s, ranking in the top 7% of forwards across Europe’s big five leagues as well as the Champions League and Europa League for non-penalty goals per 90 minutes (0.60) over the last 365 days, according to FBref.

Therefore, it looks as though Moukoko would be the ideal signing for Todd Boehly and Potter, with the club looking to transition into a younger and fresher squad ahead of both the winter and summer transfer markets of 2023.

Edited by Vesper

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I really don’t see him being a bust. He’s so technically gifted that at worst he’ll always be a solid player. We may look back and think we massively overpaid but don’t think we’ll look back and see him as a mistake that sets us back years.

This potential deal gives me Joao Felix vibes.   He moved on after 1 season with Benfica, 120 million transfer fee, had all the talent in the world to be the next big thing. 

47 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Outside of Barella i would take him over all those guys on the list. 

and he would cost the most of most all of them, maybe even Barella

we had plenty of chances to sign him, especially when he was at Club Athletico Paranaense

from going on 4 years ago:

Edited by Vesper

7 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

This potential deal gives me Joao Felix vibes.   He moved on after 1 season with Benfica, 120 million transfer fee, had all the talent in the world to be the next big thing. 

True, but there’s just a different expectation for a striker. Felix had that usual wonderkid label and as a striker you’re expected to be a lethal, serial match winner. As a deep sitting CM I don’t think the spotlight will be quite as intense in Enzo. Of course for the price he will be expected to be world class soon, though. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

True, but there’s just a different expectation for a striker. Felix had that usual wonderkid label and as a striker you’re expected to be a lethal, serial match winner. As a deep sitting CM I don’t think the spotlight will be quite as intense in Enzo. Of course for the price he will be expected to be world class soon, though. 

Totally understand what you're saying and agree, let's just hope if we do sign him for the numbers said, it doesn't weight to heavy on Enzo himself.

Edited by DDA

2 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

As @Pizysays, it is a different with AM/CF's. In those positions you have to essentially be Mbappe or Häland levels to be appreciated; especially if you go for a high fee. Enzo is different, he'll get a lot more time and be able to settle without so much spotlight. 

The issue I see with Enzo is how he deals with the press and intensity in the PL. I do have concerns about that with him as whilst technically gifted, he'll have to process a lot quicker here and deal with the rough stuff. That is always difficult to judge a player on as to whether they can adapt to the PL; that said, I am not so worried about the rough stuff as typically Argies are massive sh*t housers, so I expect he is already used to that. 

Going back to Felix for a second however. I also feel AM were pretty much the worst move for him. DS's system really doesn't play to his strengths. I still feel when watching him that if he gets the right environment, he'll be a top player, if not quite a world class one. 

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea: £26m target Youssoufa Moukoko 'likes Boehly's project' at Stamford Bridge

https://www.givemesport.com/88099092-Chelsea-youssoufa-moukoko-graham-potter-premier-league-borussia-dortmund-stamford-bridge-2

methode-times-prod-web-bin-74895316-7bf1-11ed-bcd8-855e06175970.jpg

Chelsea “consider themselves in the lead” to sign Borussia Dortmund and Germany striker Youssoufa Moukoko for Graham Potter’s squad at Stamford Bridge, CBS reporter Ben Jacobs has told GiveMeSport.

The 18-year-old will enter the final six months of his current contract with the Bundesliga giants in January.

According to Bild in Germany, Dortmund have made their final contract offer to Moukoko, with the deal reportedly being worth £5.3m.

The teenager is reported to want around £6.2m, which will no doubt come as a boost to the Blues, who are looking to add another centre-forward to their squad alongside the recent £8m signing of Molde’s David Datro Fofana.

The Blues’ out-and-out striker options currently consist of Fofana and Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang, after Albanian forward Armando Broja suffered a season-ending injury in a friendly with Aston Villa earlier this month.

Jacobs has already told GiveMeSport that the west London outfit are looking to move quickly in signing the Dortmund wonderkid, with Barcelona, Liverpool and Manchester United being name-checked in the pursuit of the £26m valued forward.

And the journalist also states that Chelsea believe they are leading the race to sign Moukoko ahead of the January transfer window, with the player liking the club’s project which involves the Blues buying some of the globe’s best young talent.

What has Jacobs said about Chelsea and Moukoko?

When talking about a potential Chelsea move for Moukoko, Jacobs told GiveMeSport: “What we do know is that Moukoko likes the Chelsea project and pitch. So, Chelsea consider themselves in the lead at the moment, but there are a lot of twists and turns that can happen because of the contractual situation.

“Dortmund will continue to talk to the player after the festive period to see whether or not he will or won’t sign. Chelsea need to wait and understand that.”

Would Moukoko be a good signing for Chelsea?

Despite his young age, Moukoko has already proven that he is a solid striker option in a top European league, having scored six goals and provided four assists in 14 Bundesliga appearances this season, according to Transfermarkt.

These showings have led to the two-time Germany international being handed an average WhoScored rating of 6.88 for the current Bundesliga campaign, ranking him as the club’s joint-fifth-best performer at Signal Iduna Park.

And he is certainly capable of competing with the continent’s best number nine’s, ranking in the top 7% of forwards across Europe’s big five leagues as well as the Champions League and Europa League for non-penalty goals per 90 minutes (0.60) over the last 365 days, according to FBref.

Therefore, it looks as though Moukoko would be the ideal signing for Todd Boehly and Potter, with the club looking to transition into a younger and fresher squad ahead of both the winter and summer transfer markets of 2023.

As someone else mentioned, getting Enzo would inflict more positivity into the project and our potential targets knowing we are serious about this. I kinda hope Moukoko happens as well, rate him.

3 hours ago, King Kante said:

As @Pizysays, it is a different with AM/CF's. In those positions you have to essentially be Mbappe or Häland levels to be appreciated; especially if you go for a high fee. Enzo is different, he'll get a lot more time and be able to settle without so much spotlight. 

The issue I see with Enzo is how he deals with the press and intensity in the PL. I do have concerns about that with him as whilst technically gifted, he'll have to process a lot quicker here and deal with the rough stuff. That is always difficult to judge a player on as to whether they can adapt to the PL; that said, I am not so worried about the rough stuff as typically Argies are massive sh*t housers, so I expect he is already used to that. 

Going back to Felix for a second however. I also feel AM were pretty much the worst move for him. DS's system really doesn't play to his strengths. I still feel when watching him that if he gets the right environment, he'll be a top player, if not quite a world class one. 

I still believe in Felix talent, it’s hard to deny his pure talent when watching him.