Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

I think we already in a big trouble... 🙄

The current state of the team is due to the previous "management." Summer window aside, Boehly has been making the right moves for the most part.

All of that would be undone if we signed CR7. 

On 21/11/2022 at 18:20, ZAPHOD2319 said:

To use an old-fashioned expression, this kid looks a player. This is the very blueprint of the type of deal which, if successful, could help us out of the hole we have dug ourselves into.

I don't like the KDB talk, but the lad does demonstrate a football brain and the ability to identify the right option. At the rumoured price, I say pull the trigger on this one and try to find more deals like it.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

Glazers are going to sell Manure

hello Kuwaiti hundreds of billions

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/man-utd-announces-process-to-explore-strategic-alternatives-to-enhance-club-growth

Executive Co-Chairmen and Directors, Avram Glazer and Joel Glazer said:

“The strength of Manchester United rests on the passion and loyalty of our global community of 1.1 billion fans and followers. As we seek to continue building on the Club’s history of success, the Board has authorized a thorough evaluation of strategic alternatives. We will evaluate all options to ensure that we best serve our fans and that Manchester United maximizes the significant growth opportunities available to the Club today and in the future. Throughout this process we will remain fully focused on serving the best interests of our fans, shareholders, and various stakeholders.”

The Raine Group is acting as the Company’s exclusive financial advisor and Latham & Watkins LLP is legal counsel to the Company.

15 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

FDJ and Dembele were terrific targets unfortunately they didn't want to come. 

Regarding Ronaldo I don't think he wants us either. Records and trophies drives him and we cannot provide that. 

It was revealed Mendes offered him to us but both Tuchel and Potter said no. 

Look, CR7 is one of my legends and I rate him higher than the miserable short one.
But look what happened with Marcelo at Olympiakos Piraeus.
He could n't move his a*se against the likes of Ionikos-Levadiakos.
Returned to Madrid to seek employment from his old club as an adviser to the board.

Edited by cosmicway

I certainly wouldn't advocate signing a player purely off the back of a World Cup, but I do think what the tournament has shown so far is there's talent in all far reaches of the globe. The Arab and North American countries in particular are developing a much better standard of player than they ever have. Some of these countries and regions should no longer be dismissed probably in the way in which they have in the past.

It's going to take time, but if the club gets this scouting network and data analytics set up correctly, and potentially in the future a network among clubs which could provide a suitable pathway towards playing for this club; then the talent is out there to go and find, and more importantly, find early.

11 hours ago, Henrique said:

Discussing transfers is pretty pointless at this stage, as long as the clueless owner is in charge of transfer market activities. 

The owners might be clueless now but football is hardly rocket science. They will eventually figure things out and transfers are probably the best way to assess their progress. 
However, we as fans will need to go through quite a lot of pain until this club will be back at the top where it belongs

Watch how manure will get even more ref preference if they get a British owner 

don’t expect ratcliff to make an exceptionally competent owner but he does have a headstrt over boehly by at least being familiar with the basics 

31 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Watch how manure will get even more ref preference if they get a British owner 

don’t expect ratcliff to make an exceptionally competent owner but he does have a headstrt over boehly by at least being familiar with the basics 

How is boycotting WC going? 

13 hours ago, Henrique said:

Discussing transfers is pretty pointless at this stage, as long as the clueless owner is in charge of transfer market activities. 

I don't share this rush to judgement. Chasing instant solutions, and doing so at extreme high cost, is what has ground us down to our current state. The owners need to stay calm and so do we. They need to take their time and we need to allow them to.

A key component of the plan must be to end the agents' gravy train. Given our history, intermediaries can't help but see us as a club which is regularly oversold on the qualities of players, and easily persuaded to massively overpay for their services. We have to get discipline into our recruitment operation and that includes ignoring fans who clamour for more and more shiny baubles. Any fans taking the attitude, "If we don't get two world class midfielders in January, I'm done.", should be thanked for their service and offered a £5 gift voucher for the Man City megastore.

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

How is boycotting WC going? 

Terrific. Not seen a minute of it yet and apparently not missing anything. There is lots of noise about Infantino going full Hitler and Qataris supressing journalists and ripping off tourists. What a shitfest of a WC.