Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

My biggest worry is we do not become Liverpool with Klopp pre VVD and Alisson era.

They were great offensively but conceded so much goals.

If you look at this team it is clear we lack quality at CB position. We need new CB badly.

I think front 4 with Werner, Puli, Hakim and RLC can work great together by switching positions all the time...

I hope Kante can go back to his best form in 4-2-3-1 if not we have a lot of options there...

I put Chilwell because it will most likely happen. CB aside I think we will go for 4th choice winger like reports are saying and I hope we upgrade backup keeper.

Alonso will stay as backup which is good option to have because Frank likes to change formation from time to time.

lineup.png

9 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

92 goals and 39 assists (131 total) for RBL in 12.143 minutes (equals 135 games).

This is in all four seasons. And he is better every year and improves and has better stats. 

Even has more assists than Firmino had in Hoffenheim.

This is an important factor that I think is being lost with Werner. A lot of people are talking about him as if this season has been some sort of one off where he has come out of the blue. In fact if anyone has watched him they will know he has been improving year on year now since he was 19. For me, he is someone that will continue to improve and work hard at things if he comes in and it does not quite work out, which is the opposite of say a Morata who just went home to cry to his wife. 

That said, I am not certain he will be a hit the ground running type of player and he will probably need 6-12 months to adapt. Further, people need to stop thinking of him as a CF and instead think of him as a No.11 who can play as a No.10 in a 352/442 formation. 

For me, I am very happy with this transfer as I think it is one where it is a no brainer, I say this because: a) his fee is under his market value, b ) he is incredibly hard working c) he has a great attitude, d) he has been scoring and assisting in a top 3 league and the CL at a very good rate. 

Now what we need to do is to sort out other areas of the team. For me, we still have a lot of work to do as I would say we still have a few players to shift and probably need 4-5 players still (GK, CB, LB, CM (one full sized CM as all of our useable ones are pretty much funsized) and a CF.

In a perfect world I would chop the following:

Kepa - Too small and simply not good enough.

Emerson - Doesn't want to be here

Zouma - cannot pass and if he wasn't such a physical specimen would probably be a Championship player

Barkley - Cannot make the right decision to save his life. 

Willian - decided he was going elsewhere a while ago

Pedro - will miss him but his time is up

Batsh*t - somehow still doesn't know the offside rule.

Buy:

Oblak - this is only possible if AM do not get CL and cannot stump up the Morata money.

Upcameno/Romagnoli - Both tough but I struggle to see another CB of the required level that is more likely than either of these two. 

Telles - Better and cheaper than Chilwell and the Ajax one who's name I cannot spell. 

SMS - I think SMS would be perfect for us as a No.6 as he has great technical ability in both feet and can provide us with more muscle in the middle. That said one of Kante of Jorgi would also have to go. 

Cavani - a 12-24 month contract is a no brainer to me. 

10 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Jorginho and Kovacic are both signings that have virtually transformed a conservative team into a progressive one. We know can compete in midfield against some of elite in Europe playing progressive football. 

Until we sign a proper DM, our defence will be leaky. People scream for new CBs when we play with fricking Jorginho or Kovacic in holding mid. 

Only Bayern of the big teams fields a non typical DM and he is still extremely hard worker in defence. Other top teams have Fabinho, Marquinhos, Casemiro, Rodri, Partey. Busquets is obvious exception and never in a million years can Jorginho perform at such level, nor can we display such tiki taka possesion based football which is dead anyway these days with new tactics.

Until we sign proper DM, this team wont have the balance. LB, DM and a winger (unless Werner would play on wing) are the priorities now. Even if we play double pivot, Jorginho should be sold because he is too good for bench and we would still need to bring a DM. 

And who knows what is going on with Kepa. He was completely done last season, but I guess one more season to give him a chance.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

My biggest worry is we do not become Liverpool with Klopp pre VVD and Alisson era.

If you look at this team it is clear we lack quality at CB position. We need new CB badly.

I think front 4 with Werner, Puli, Hakim and RLC can work great together by switching positions all the time...

I hope Kante can go back to his best form in 4-2-3-1 if not we have a lot of options there...

I put Chilwell because it will most likely happen. CB aside I think we will go for 4th choice winger like reports are saying and I hope we upgrade backup keeper.

Alonso will stay as backup which is good option to have because Frank likes to change formation from time to time.

lineup.png

I think next year is a year too soon for a title challenge, even with Ziyech and Werner here we will still be that little bit too raw to take on City and Liverpool over 38 games, so for that reason i have no issue with us getting the match winners in then after that focusing on getting the gamechangers at the back.

17 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

I like Werner but there's no way He is better than Sancho and Havertz.

He's good of course but it's funny how people are suddenly mentioning Havertz when he wasn't even mentioned at all before the Bundesliga resumed last month.

As for the comparison between Werner, Sancho and Havertz, I guess it comes down to who is best suited for the team (that's what the article above touched on in the brief context). They may play in similar positions but they each bring different qualities. It's a case of determining who has the best attributes to complement the rest of the team and not just have some fancy for the sake of it.

8 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

lineup.png

Would try with Juventus for Demiral... Sarri wants Jorginho and Emerson, we ask in return Demiral and money.

If they insist with Bernardeschi and De Sciglio, many greetings and goodbye :cig:

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

He's good of course but it's funny how people are suddenly mentioning Havertz when he wasn't even mentioned at all before the Bundesliga resumed last month.

As for the comparison between Werner, Sancho and Havertz, I guess it comes down to who is best suited for the team (that's what the article above touched on in the brief context). They may play in similar positions but they each bring different qualities. It's a case of determining who has the best attributes to complement the rest of the team and not just have some fancy for the sake of it.

Nope, i always rate Havertz as the best German talents in recent years since Gotze and he caught my attention last season when he made 20 goals & 6 assists.

9 hours ago, Costa19 said:

Okey. Mostly tap-ins, penalties and runs behind the defence. Won’t get that kind of space in the PL. 

Would anyone actually care if Werner only scores tap-ins for us? Creating chances has not been a problem for us this season, converting those chances has been the problem. IIRC, only Liverpool and Man City have had more shots than us this season but in terms of Shot Conversion, there are like 5-6 clubs ahead of us on the list. If Werner can score at least 20 goals from tap-ins or score 20 ugly goals, we would be on the right track to achieve something.

Sure, Werner will likely get less space to operate in the Premier League than the Bundesliga but people make him sound like some one trick pony. If he's a one trick pony, arguably the best club in the world right now in Liverpool wouldn't have been so keen on him. People seem to forget or not realize that, for example, he actually has good movement in the box as well and is capable of making dangerous runs in the box. When you consider Pulisic and Abraham are pretty much the only two players right now who offer that kind of quality, it is a good thing that we will have another person in the area who will look to get at the end of crosses, passes etc because the others do not make runs and prefer the ball onto their feet.

And below are some stats on Werner from Sky Sports...

skysports-timo-werner-graphic_5004776.pn

skysports-werner-timo-graphic_5004774.pn

9 hours ago, Costa19 said:

Im about to call him our new Morata. Happy to eat that up if he proves me wrong

I guess I can't stop people if they want to compare Werner with Morata before he's even kicked the ball for us (he hasn't even signed yet!) but the comparison is just so lazy. For starters, I believe Werner is a lot mentally stronger than Morata will ever be. That is arguably the key attribute for any footballer and Werner has said himself that he still has a lot to improve and get better. He may struggle a little bit initially in the Premier League but I am confident that with the right mentality, patience and guidance from Lampard and co, Werner will do well for us. I 100000% doubt he will moan and complain about everything else etc like Morata did. 

8 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Nope, i always rate Havertz as the best German talents in recent years since Gotze and he caught my attention last season when he made 20 goals & 6 assists.

Easy to say when he's doing well. :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

And below are some stats on Werner from Sky Sports…

Plus this -

Werner has scored 75 goals for RB Leipzig in the league. In this period (August 2016-) only Bayern's Robert Lewandowski (110) has scored more in the Bundesliga.

What qualities does Werner bring in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 ?

I guess our squad is suited the best for those Systems

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk