Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

26 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

Why not just keep Jorginho and do the same? :blink: 

Pjanic is more mobile on the ball and a better passing range. Not to mention he’s very precise with his passing and doesn’t ‘force’ the pass to the extent Jorginho does. Something I witnessed Jorginho do a lot this season, and in most cases it led to an opposition counter. City’s 1st goal against us when we were in control springs to mind. 

In fact, I would say he more resembles Gilmour than Jorginho. 

No idea who’s better defensively, but at this point it can’t be any worse than what we have currently.  In my opinion it would be easier for Gilmour to transition in the squad with Pjanic than Jorginho. 

20 hours ago, Jason said:

The key to this is 'If agreed by both parties'.

In a selfish mindset, if I was a footballer and my contract was running down and I was expecting to leave the club why would I risk staying on for an extra month or two to play another 8-10 games? If they picked up a serious injury that would then prevent them getting a new contract with another club after this, that would be my chief concern if I was in their position.

The problem is if we can't get Pedro and Willian to agree to this (I assume reading the reports that Giroud can have another year triggered), we are left at a massive disadvantage as two of our players who have been registered to play in the second half of this season are no longer obligated to. We're not the only team in this boat, but if that were to happen I cannot see how that still keeps things a fair and level playing field, unless we were allowed special dispensation to replace one of them with Ziyech (which I'm sure would be opposed by other teams).

22 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Pjanic is more mobile on the ball and a better passing range. Not to mention he’s very precise with his passing and doesn’t ‘force’ the pass to the extent Jorginho does. Something I witnessed Jorginho do a lot this season, and in most cases it led to an opposition counter. City’s 1st goal against us when we were in control springs to mind. 

In fact, I would say he more resembles Gilmour than Jorginho. 

No idea who’s better defensively, but at this point it can’t be any worse than what we have currently.  In my opinion it would be easier for Gilmour to transition in the squad with Pjanic than Jorginho. 

Agreed. Pjanic is a better player than Jorginho. Although I don't think Pjanic will bring the same kind of passion to our club that Jorginho has. 

On 14/05/2020 at 6:51 AM, Styl1994 said:

Batshuayi has one year left on his contract be difficult to get more for him.

fuck Marina

I am all out of fucks to give

dingy bitch

unreal her inept arse has not been cashiered, along with the rest of the board/hierarchy who deals with player scouting and buys/sales

they are pure dogshit

hundreds of millions shit away and the team has been so weakened as well

On ‎14‎-‎05‎-‎2020 at 5:08 AM, Vesper said:

I am not slagging him off as a player, he is just NOT worth £50-60m or so more than Telles or Gosens, nor £30-40m more than Theo Hernandez

He is decent but not 70 decent. Yes he is younger than Telles etc but imo not as good.

Pjanic is quality but just turned 30, Jorgo is 28. In any case midfield is not a concern to fight over imo, we have much bigger holes here and there.

Just now, Atomiswave said:

Pjanic is quality but just turned 30, Jorgo is 28. In any case midfield is not a concern to fight over imo, we have much bigger holes here and there.

Hardly matters. Jorginho turns 29 in December. Only 1 year difference between them. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Hardly matters. Jorginho turns 29 in December. Only 1 year difference between them. 

More like 1.5 years but I get your point. So who would you rather have for the coming season, Jorgo or Pjanic?

Chelsea 'make decision on Jorginho, N'Golo Kante futures'

By Matt Law, Football Editor | 25m

Chelsea will reportedly 'resist any offers' for midfield pair Jorginho and N'Golo Kante this summer.

Both players have been linked with moves away from Stamford Bridge ahead of the 2020-21 campaign.

Juventus are allegedly interested in bringing Jorginho back to Italy, while Real Madrid and Barcelona are believed to be admirers of Kante.

However, according to ESPN, Frank Lampard's side are not prepared to listen to bids for either player during this summer's transfer window.

The report adds that Chelsea 'want to be active' in the upcoming market despite the financial impact of the coronavirus outbreak, which has halted the majority of football across the globe.

Lampard was unable to bring any new players to the club last summer due to a transfer ban, but the London outfit were free to do business in January after their suspension was reduced on appeal.

I am seeing this all over, no idea if  it is true, it is all over Italian news

Chelsea transfer twist as Dries Mertens makes U-turn on Inter Milan decision

Chelsea have been handed a transfer blow with Dries Mertens reportedly open to joining former Blues boss Antonio Conte at Inter Milan.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1282882/Chelsea-transfer-news-Dries-Mertens-U-turn-Inter-Milan-decision-Antonio-Conte

Mertens more Inter than Chelsea

https://www.football-italia.net/153187/mertens-more-inter-chelsea

Player not keen on joining Chelsea – Doesn’t think Blues have enough ‘power’ in PL

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-prefers-club-current-league-chelsea-switch-power-league/

Chelsea will pass up opportunity to land Serie A ace despite holding advantage over Napoli

Chelsea are not expected to exercise a buy-back clause on Jeremie Boga this summer, despite the Sassuolo ace impressing in Serie A.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1282927/-

Yeah, I don't think we're going to touch our central midfield this next window and tbf we really don't need to. If Frank does feel the need to bring another body in id say it makes more sense to get a DM rather than another attack minded creative player. Like that lad from Lille perhaps?

Kante, Jorginho, Kova, Billy, and RLC on the books. That's plenty of bodies. A destroyer type is the only thing missing since Kante is never deployed there anymore.

This is from ESPN. So make of it what you will...

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4094913/chelsea-to-offload-players-jorginhokante-not-on-list-sources

- Ready to sell several first-team players - Bakayoko, Alonso, Emerson, Batshuayi and Zappacosta
- Wary of committing around 120 million on one player - in Sancho - after the financial pressure from COVID-19
- Lampard keen on signing Chilwell
- Werner and Aubameyang also under consideration
- No plans to sell Jorginho and Kante, unless the players ask for a move
- No indication of interest on Coutinho

20 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

The article also states we have spoken to his representatives...

A bit baffled as to why would anyone even consider joining Barcelona or Man United at this point...