Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea 1 - 1 Leicester City

Ziyech is the winger version of Alonso. Can’t beat a man in space to save his life.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Reece is playing at almost every position save for CF, lol

First half he played inside right

• Like 1

Third place, but not really thrilled about it. There is SOO much that needs to be rebuilt. We are damn lucky to be in the CL next season with this shit play at the end of the season.

• Like 2

I'll actually take that. Guarantees 3rd now.

It was barely much more than a friendly in the way it was played and we never got out of first or second gear yet still restricted them to a long range goal and missed a couple of good chances to win. Story of the season but I'm just glad we're nearly at the end of it now.

Looking forward to going away next week, turning off my Wifi so I don't have to think about the Champions League final and just having a break because the last couple of months have been so stressful and frustrating as a Chelsea fan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

There was good football at times, but finishing was simply not there. Pulisic's miss was something for the history books.

On the other hand, it seems that we are no longer able to win games by 1x0 because we always concede (at last) a goal.

Edited by robsblubot
  • Like 2

Kind of incredible to think we finished 3rd and are in need of a HUGE overhaul. Usually you finish 3rd and use it as a building block or something to look forward to. We need to change like 60% of our team in one summer. You’d say to yourself “we’re 2-3 sighing’s away from competing.” But no. We’re nowhere near taking a step up.

We have dire needs all over the pitch. Multiple CB’s, multiple goal scoring attackers, multiple fullbacks for depth, and a top class midfielder. Meanwhile, whilst we’re simply trying to catch up to the level the top 2 are at currently, they’ll only be getting better.

Sucks to say it before we’ve even seen what sort of business we’ll do, but I think next season may be yet another “transition” season where we’ll be battling for 3rd or 4th MILES behind City and Liverpool. 

• Like 1

I'll be soo happy to see the back of some of these players. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think he is our key player - but key, key players have to be on the pitch and he only plays 40% of games. He is our Mo Salah, van Dijk. He is our Kylian Mbappé”

Tuchel about Kanté.

Its time to go?

Just now, Mário César said:

I think he is our key player - but key, key players have to be on the pitch and he only plays 40% of games. He is our Mo Salah, van Dijk. He is our Kylian Mbappé”

Tuchel about Kanté.

Its time to go?

Wouldn't mind it nor about Jorginho going.

• ZAPHOD2319 changed the title to Chelsea 1 - 1 Leicester City