WorldCup 2022 - Qatar

nachikethas

10 hours ago, Strike said:

I think this is harsh. Southgate picked a good team, went with a 4-3-3 and had France on the ropes after HT. We have to factor in that France are a demonstrably better, athletic side than England.

I don't think Mount over Henderson would have made a difference honestly. Henderson pressed well but lacked composure in possession - and I doubt Mount would be any better in that role.

Not on the ropes, it was the systems that changed after the 1-0.
But England managed to have possession while at the same time the French could not make sudden deadly counterattacks (it was nothing like Brazil v. Serbia after Brazil's 1-0).
Mbappe was extinguished.
Draw would have been a fair result for the ninety minutes but Kane hit the sky.
Once more it appears England managed to lose the "real final" of a world cup.

11 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

im surprised Kane missed the 2nd pen, he scored the 1st one so emphatically. Shame England couldn’t  knock France out, now Morocco won’t stand a chance against France, but you never know, the way this world cup has played out nothing surprises me anymore.

Ha'. Morocco does n't stand a chance against anyone bar Kuweit in footballing skills.
But nobody can score against them.

10 hours ago, Strike said:

I think this is harsh. Southgate picked a good team, went with a 4-3-3 and had France on the ropes after HT. We have to factor in that France are a demonstrably better, athletic side than England.

I don't think Mount over Henderson would have made a difference honestly. Henderson pressed well but lacked composure in possession - and I doubt Mount would be any better in that role.

Could have played Maddison , should have started Rashford too

Gareth Southgate considering England exit after World Cup elimination

Gareth Southgate considering future after England were knocked out of the World Cup by holders France on Saturday; Southgate contracted to England until conclusion of Euro 2024

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/12760398/gareth-southgate-considering-england-exit-after-world-cup-elimination

It's time for Southgate to go for me, I just don't feel like he is the type of manager that can pull off a masterclass. It would be quite a shame to waste all that talent that's coming up for England to a manager who I feel does not have the ability to get the team playing to their maximal potential. It's time for a change.

Look at the women's team, once they hired somebody who knows what they're doing, who is brave and confident enough to implament her changes and drop underperforming senior players, the team start winning. That winning mentality is there.

I personally would love to see Thomas Tuchel manage England.

2 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

It's time for Southgate to go for me, I just don't feel like he is the type of manager that can pull off a masterclass. It would be quite a shame to waste all that talent that's coming up for England to a manager who I feel does not have the ability to get the team playing to their maximal potential. It's time for a change.

Look at the women's team, once they hired somebody who knows what they're doing, who is brave and confident enough to implament her changes and drop underperforming senior players, the team start winning. That winning mentality is there.

I personally would love to see Thomas Tuchel manage England.

Ex-Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel open to England job if Gareth Southgate steps aside

https://metro.co.uk/2022/12/12/thomas-tuchel-makes-decision-over-england-job-if-gareth-southgate-steps-down-17919850/

2022 FIFA World Cup, Semifinals

Argentina                arg.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin
Croatia                     cro.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin

https://www.sportfacts.net/sports/2022/club-friendly-arsenal-vs-milan-s1/

https://soccerworldcup.me/argentina-vs-croatia-online-stream

57ac9810d3cb76a76e03950e7b7662b0.png9b16568d79f4b97e008603cbfd2dec0b.png

16 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Think it ends for Croatia here.

it certainly is looking like that

brilliant game plan by the Argies so far

just let that world's best MF have the middle of the pitch and block off all the rest in front of them

then hit them on the counter

the huge hole in Croatia's locker is very little creativity with their wingers and CF's, other than Perisic, and he no longer has the pace he used to have