WorldCup 2022 - Qatar

nachikethas

Argentine had their chance in the second world war and wasted it.
They could have let the kriegsmarine use the Argentinian ports as bases, Shcarnhorst-Tirpitz-Gneisenau could wreak havoc in the South Atlantic.
In this way the American lend lease could never have reached Great Britain and Russia.
They got scared, now they are shouting uselessly.

However re. Qatar the two suspicious teams that could offer money to mrs Kailis and win the world cup are England because of Brexit and of course Argentina.
We can rule England out now so it's Argentina.
Anyone really could give something but who would ? Italy is out, Belgium have the best songs in the eurovision and they don't pay even their own singers/orchestra.
So that leaves the Argies.

1 minute ago, cosmicway said:

Argentine had their chance in the second world war and wasted it.
They could have let the kriegsmarine use the Argentinian ports as bases, Shcarnhorst-Tirpitz-Gneisenau could wreak havoc in the South Atlantic.
In this way the American lend lease could never have reached Great Britain and Russia.
They got scared, now they are shouting uselessly.

However re. Qatar the two suspicious teams that could offer money to mrs Kailis and win the world cup are England because of Brexit and of course Argentina.
We can rule England out now so it's Argentina.
Anyone really could give something but who would ? Italy is out, Belgium have the best songs in the eurovision and they don't pay even their own singers/orchestra.
So that leaves the Argies.

lol

that was the most rambling all over the place but bizarrely great post of this thread

:hattip:

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Theo Hernandez having a shocker defensively. Been the weak line in the France team all tournament. 

I never watch Milan but heard this before. Couldn't believe penalty he made against England. Zero danger situation and he pushed Mount for no reason. 

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I never watch Milan but heard this before. Couldn't believe penalty he made against England. Zero danger situation and he pushed Mount for no reason. 

he was better today but will never be confused defensively for Maldini, lol

he is becoming like TAA

super on offence but shite on defence

the LB to watch out for in terms of becoming a defensive beast is Destiny Udogie, who unfortunately is now a Spuds player (out on loan this season)

b27d466137281ac6a983d9d9b0b26d1d.png

Tottenham keen on pushing for Destiny Udogie

Morocco is all motivation and physicality--refs have been allowing a lot of that in this WC--but they just lack overall quality esp near the opposition goal. You can see that they are powerful athletes who rarely lose 50/50s and that makes a difference in volume of play.

With that out of the way, the game could've been made easier had Giroud been, well either Giroud of the past or Benzema, and put one of those sitters away. It did feel that Mbappe was always one run away from connecting a counter though. Happened late, but you could see how much easier it is for France to score a goal.

For Sunday, it's just too close to call for me. Finals are usually tight games, and both teams have players who one their day can make a difference. Like I said before, I think Messi has he edge in tight spaces, but Mbappe is just as dangerous when he gets going.

hoping for a great game on Sunday! 🎉

BTW, how to we get ziyech to run like that for us?! 😉

Edited by robsblubot

46 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Morocco is all motivation and physicality--refs have been allowing a lot of that in this WC--but they just lack overall quality esp near the opposition goal. You can see that they are powerful athletes who rarely lose 50/50s and that makes a difference in volume of play.

With that out of the way, the game could've been made easier had Giroud been, well either Giroud of the past or Benzema, and put one of those sitters away. It did feel that Mbappe was always one run away from connecting a counter though. Happened late, but you could see how much easier it is for France to score a goal.

For Sunday, it's just too close to call for me. Finals are usually tight games, and both teams have players who one their day can make a difference. Like I said before, I think Messi has he edge in tight spaces, but Mbappe is just as dangerous when he gets going.

hoping for a great game on Sunday! 🎉

BTW, how to we get ziyech to run like that for us?! 😉

we won't cos he is a petulant little brat who only runs when it suits him.

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

we won't cos he is a petulant little brat who only runs when it suits him.

That's indeed the impression I get from him when he plays for us.

On the other hand, it seems the guy does a lot socially, esp helping the poor, but I guess that's really not that connected to the his on-pitch persona. Sometimes a player simply lacks aggression, which can more or less be a detriment depending where he plays; it's usually more of a problem in the PL eh.

And then again we saw what we saw at the World Cup... so, Ziyech, what the fuck?! 😆

DD made only 3 subs of possible 10 last 2 games. They don't have depth at all because of the injuries. They miss great players in every position. 

Maignan, Kimpembe, Lucas Hernandez, Kante, Pogba, Nkunku and Benzema. Some here would start some would be first options from the bench. 

France and Morocco fans clashed in Paris following the game. Police in riot gear were called to disperse the crowds.

A boy has been killed in Montpellier amid clashes between France and Morocco fans following the World Cup semi-final. 

10 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

DD made only 3 subs of possible 10 last 2 games. They don't have depth at all because of the injuries. They miss great players in every position. 

Maignan, Kimpembe, Lucas Hernandez, Kante, Pogba, Nkunku and Benzema. Some here would start some would be first options from the bench. 

No depth? They had Camavinga, Upamecano, Coman, Kolo Muani Pavard or Sailba on the bench, just to mention a few. And Deschamps rejected the opportunity to call one player to squad instead of Benzema.. Could have been DIaby or Ben Yedder. Crazy depth still.

top 25 players at WC (no final order)

top 5

Pessi
Mbappe
Griezmann
Gvardiol
Amrabat

then

Julián Álvarez
Kovacic
Tchouaméni
Giroud
Modric
Gapko
Enzo Fernández
Saka
Bellingham
Dominik Livaković
Romain Saiss 
Azzedine Ounahi
Nahuel Molina
Alexis Mac Allister
Achraf Hakimi
Josip Juranovic
Lovren   
Richarlison
Mohammed Kudus 
Emi Martinez

No clue is going to win between the Argies and France

the two best teams by far in the tourney

Pessi seems on a mission and their MF matches up well, but Otamendi is potentially huge weak spot

Mbappe has been a bit quiet the last 2 games, so I expect him to blow up, Molina will have his hands full, and Konate seems to have solved their CB issue with Upamecano, he was rock solid yesterday, and another key is Adrien Rabiot's health (he missed the last game with a flu)

I am going to go 3 2 France (but zero shock if that is flipped)

Bayern Munich, Inter Milan continue to rule World Cup as 40-year run of finalists continues in Qatar

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog-the-toe-poke/story/4831711/bayern-and-inters-incredible-streak-of-world-cup-finalists

France will be facing Argentina in the 2022 men's World Cup final with the prospect of being the first team to retain their title since Brazil in 1962, but the match-up also guarantees that an extraordinary streak dating back four decades will continue when the showpiece kicks off in Qatar on Sunday.

At least one player from both 10-time reigning Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich and Serie A giants Inter Milan has been involved in every World Cup final since Italy's 3-1 victory over West Germany in the 1982 decider in Spain.

What's more, when Kylian Mbappe leads the line against Lionel Messi & Co. in the 2022 final at the Lusail Stadium, both Bayern and Inter will once again have a player involved.

Qatar 2022

Bayern: Benjamin Pavard, Dayot Upamecano, Kingsley Coman, Lucas Hernandez (France).

Inter: Lautaro Martinez (Argentina)

We are once again guaranteed to have at least one Bayern and one Inter player taking part in the Qatar final. Inter are represented by Argentina, while France have plenty of Bayern players in their squad to ensure the streak will continue into the 2026 tournament.

Edited by Vesper