WorldCup 2022 - Qatar

nachikethas

Now: Arg 1.83, France 2.25.
But that takes into account the possibility of Morocco taking out France.
As for Morocco the price is 12.00 (low).

I 'm not impressed anymore. I just won 5 euros backing a Portugal league cup match between amateurs.
Could have won 500. The chance of losing was small.

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

I hope you did not include Portugal in there. 😉 

If Portugal and Argentina are one team except Messi which Argentinian player would make starting 11? Maybe GK and one CB to play with Dias. That's it. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

no WC no goat

sorry

but that's just the way it is

That's a bit harsh... perhaps fair for a team like Argentina, but he never got a good group around him. CR7 has no shot at winning the WC and that does not diminish him as a player, because it's hard to control how good a WC team can be... too many variables.

So, for me a goat he is... best player since Maradona. R9 > CR7 esp before R9's exploding knees. However, for Argentina, yeah Messi won't be as big as Maradona without a WC win.

Pele == Maradona == Messi.

20 minutes ago, Vesper said:

because it is a midseason WC

Ah duh! good point totally forgot that... makes total sense.

Even if fitness is improved players are high pressing and that takes a toll as well.

Edited by robsblubot

16 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

If Portugal and Argentina are one team except Messi which Argentinian player would make starting 11? Maybe GK and one CB to play with Dias. That's it. 

I could not disagree more. I think this Portugal team is EXTREMELY overrated. Don't think there is a single Portuguese player who *would significantly improve Argentina* perhaps R. Dias and Bernardo Silva, but latter is a player who may not fit the way Argentina play. They have trouble competing physically as they showed against Morocco. Don't be surprised by a blowout tomorrow, btw.

I honestly believe this Argentina team would beat Portugal 7-9 times out of 10. They just play at a different tempo... it's like one is a team from Brazil and the other is from the PL. 

Edited by robsblubot

38 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Argentine is renowned for its pretty girls.
Every city in the world you visit you will see a night club "Argentina".
You will never see a night club called "Belgium" or "Croatia".

OK now you just want to pick up a fight... 😅! Brazilian girls >>> Argentinian girls! 🤭

(jk they are indeed pretty in their own right 😉)

Edited by robsblubot

3 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

OK now you just want to pick up a fight... 😅! Brazilian girls >>> Argentinian girls! 🤭

(jk they are indeed pretty in their own right 😉)

Hmm. Ok, but "Brazil" is more of a likely name for a bowling club for youngsters.

So many of the players, Alvarez for example have spotty faces. This can be the result of performance enhancing substances. FIFA have allegedly conducted 2486 drug tests on players at Qatar so far. The tests nowadays are very comprehensive that also test for masking agents that hide the original drugs - however having completed a post grad in drugs in sport, players and agents are now using masking agents, to hide masking agents.

17 hours ago, Vesper said:

Nayef Aguerd and Romain Saiss, the two best centre-backs in the Morocco squad, are fitness doubts, but Noussair Mazraoui could be available after missing the Portugal win.

If both of their starting CBs are out, well, eeeek

Mazraoui back is massive. Need he and Hakimi to mark Mbappe and Dembele and provide a threat going forward. Our 2nd choice CBs are also good in the air which I hope restricts Giroud. 

What ever happens, I’ve never been more proud to be Moroccan. 

2022 FIFA World Cup, Semifinals

France             fra.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin
Morocco         mar.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin

https://www.sportfacts.net/sports/2022/world-cup-qatar-france-vs-morocco-s1/

https://soccerworldcup.me/france-vs-morocco-online-stream

7666edc2c5a9b9af95a6af6b2895e9ae.png155761f8906fdcc33d0cf209aac74b70.png

Edited by Vesper

Looks like Morocco isn't missing a lot of players. Reckon (fairly obvious too) not conceding in the first half will be key for them; even if they do concede a goal, they should never move to attack until very late in the game. Of course a second goal would change that posture immediately, but that's the game.