Tottenham 0-3 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

Some tough choices for Tuchel:

• all five CBs are deserving a start, Chalobah is last in hierarchy so, Rudi is locked on as LCB, so there will be 2 of Silva, AC and Azpi. Wouldn't surprise me if we will see Rudi - Silva - AC and Azpi as RWB
  • Alonso will propably start as Chilly and Chilly will get a start vs Villa
  • Jorginho-Kovacic are pretty match sure unless Kante makes some miracolous recovery
  • Lukaku will start and... Havertz, Ziyech and Mount are poor/average so far, Pulisic injured, Werner is not trusted.. I have no idea who will be the 2 to start here

Would go with:

Mendy

Azpi-Silva-Rüdi

Jorginho-Kova

Mount-Havertz

Lukaku

Kepa, Chalobah, AC, Saul, Benchy, CHO and Werner should start against Villa so we can rest the overly used and older players like Rüdi, Thiago, Azpi, Mount, Jorginho or Lukaku.

2 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Would go with:

Mendy

Azpi-Silva-Rüdi

Jorginho-Kova

Mount-Havertz

Lukaku

Kepa, Chalobah, AC, Saul, Benchy, CHO and Werner should start against Villa so we can rest the overly used and older players like Rüdi, Thiago, Azpi, Mount, Jorginho or Lukaku.

I can almost guarantee this team would be beaten. A backs to the wall draw is the best we could hope for with that line up.

20 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I can almost guarantee this team would be beaten. A backs to the wall draw is the best we could hope for with that line up.

Considering I forgot to add wingbacks and my lineup contains 9 players only, I agee :) Marcos and Reece I excluded accidentally.

However, Spurs have scored 3 goals in 4 matches this season, I think our DEF will be fine. What I'm more worried about we might struggle with scoring, I can see the match ending 0-0.

2 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Considering I forgot to add wingbacks and my lineup contains 9 players only, I agee :) Marcos and Reece I excluded accidentally.

However, Spurs have scored 3 goals in 4 matches this season, I think our DEF will be fine. What I'm more worried about we might struggle with scoring, I can see the match ending 0-0.

Yep that's my only worry. I am mean that will most likely be the team, but there isn't enough pace in that team. Werner for instance last season was a brilliant outlet for the game and won us the penalty and his pace caused problems. We defo are the better team, but I feel if we go with the expected team, it may be quite difficult to break down Spurs.

8 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Yes, it was the starting nine that had me worried about our chances.  🙂

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

11 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Mendy

Christensen Silva Rudiger

Dave Jorginho Kovacic Alonso

Havertz Mount

Lukaku

Can we have some pace for a change? 4 most attacking players behind Lukaku dont offer any. Last game with Ziyech and James was same because they are also slow.

Werner, Pulisic and CHO are our fastest players, one should always be there and Chilwell is faster than Alonso.

13 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Can we have some pace for a change? 4 most attacking players behind Lukaku dont offer any. Last game with Ziyech and James was same because they are also slow.

Werner, Pulisic and CHO are our fastest players, one should always be there and Chilwell is faster than Alonso.

Don't think Chiwell is ready and I doubt Spurs will park the bus at home. Nuno will be in for a wide awakening if he does. 

48 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Don't think Chiwell is ready and I doubt Spurs will park the bus at home. Nuno will be in for a wide awakening if he does. 

Damn Chilwell has probably atrophied all his muscles from twiddling his thumbs sitting on the bench for 3,5 months now. He has had 2 weeks of preseason + the internaitonal breakand sitting out 4 matchdays. He must have spent his whole holiday bedridden to still not be matchfit

16 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Damn Chilwell has probably atrophied all his muscles from twiddling his thumbs sitting on the bench for 3,5 months now. He has had 2 weeks of preseason + the internaitonal breakand sitting out 4 matchdays. He must have spent his whole holiday bedridden to still not be matchfit

Didn't Tuchel say it was for personal reasons? Chilwell is known for having a mental illness so maybe something happened in his personal life. 

We were creating 6 or 7 clear chances a game before we bought Lukaku, now only one or two per game and our passing isn't as sharp anymore. Let's hope we get back to normal soon. If only Lukaku could get all those chances..   :0)

Edited by guddy69