Tottenham 0-3 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

9 minutes ago, guddy69 said:

We were creating 6 or 7 clear chances a game before we bought Lukaku, now only one or two per game and our passing isn't as sharp anymore. Let's hope we get back to normal soon. If only Lukaku could get all those chances..   :0)

Chances have gone down but we have become a lot more efficient at converting. 

It's a trade off. I for one will always prefer the latter. 

1 hour ago, guddy69 said:

We were creating 6 or 7 clear chances a game before we bought Lukaku, now only one or two per game and our passing isn't as sharp anymore. Let's hope we get back to normal soon. If only Lukaku could get all those chances..   :0)

That‘s the Lukaku effect Our play is now centred more around a big cf. Werner moves a lot more, creates more chances on his own, opens up teams with his runs. 
i don’t care as Long as we are winning matches but it is good to still have a different option from the bench and for games we will be playing more on the counter 

13 hours ago, Mana said:

But getting 6 or 7 clear chances means feck all if there was no one to convert those chances in to goals.

I know.. What I was saying was, if only we could create that many chances with Lukaku..  Could be a goal fest! 

13 hours ago, Milan said:

Kante fully fit and ready to play. Pulisic needs just a little bit more time before getting the full training loads.

He will be fit right in time for the next international break and return injured again. 

Don’t think there’s a chance Son and Bergwijn miss this one. They’ll both start.

Expect they’ll try to do to us exactly what Villa did in the first half last weekend. Aggressively press to start out with and if they score they’ll shut up shop and play for counter attacks for the rest of the way.

The right sided CB Tuchel picks tomorrow will be the key to this game. With Kane in pretty rotten form I’m much more worried about Son. Reece will need help out on that side so I’m betting Azpi will start.

On 16/09/2021 at 19:59, MoroccanBlue said:

Chances have gone down but we have become a lot more efficient at converting. 

It's a trade off. I for one will always prefer the latter. 

When you say it's a trade off do you mean that having Rom in the side necessarily causes chance conversion to rise but chance creation to fall? I'm guessing that you do mean something like this because obviously it can't be true in general that just because a team's efficiency increases in one attacking metric it must decrease in another.

If you're right about the Rom effect then I hope the number of games played so far this season is too small for us to be sure that we can't keep the improved conversation rate but also get closer to last term's creation rate. Otherwise the arithmetic is too finely balanced for comfort. Two out of seven is less efficient finishing than one out of two but, as long as we're making that many chances, it will still produce more goals.