Chelsea 3-0 Crystal Palace

Jase

this weird lineup gives me 2019 vibes 

probably Chilwell and James still have a fitness backlog from not playing in euros and then having vacation 

as much as I dislike Alonso, he looked fresh and fit as fuck in the super cup 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I think our front three and midfield will press hard. Dave to provide defensive balance. 

My take. 

I'd like to see a more attacking approach against teams like this in the future. We should be putting them to the sword instead of scraping a 1-0 win.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Season hasn’t even started and already Kante has to be managed carefully. 😔

Was in amazing form in preseason as well.

RLC has covid as well, we desperately need a midfielder. Our depth in that position is not good enough.

7 minutes ago, Azul said:

Azpi offers nothing in attack though. If Palace decide to park the bus then we'll look clueless in my opinion.

Alonso is finished as a Chelsea player and I have no idea why he keeps starting as well. I'd easily pick Emerson or Chilwell over him.

You want more attacking lineup but want Chilwell for Alonso? Lol

Plus Alonso was voted motm against Villarreal on other Chelsea forum. 

And can't believe people think there's a chance of James, Chilwell starting after zero minutes played last couple of months. 

2021-22 English Premier League

Chelsea             363.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin
Crystal Palace           384.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin

http://www.sportnews.to/sports/2021/premier-league-Chelsea-vs-crystal-palace-s1/

https://www.totalsportek.com/page-3/

a19cffbc1e4f2da93f8e455ef844a381.pngf6bdf7b6f846c0384841a92c3ce5fcfe.png

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

You want more attacking lineup but want Chilwell for Alonso? Lol

Plus Alonso was voted motm against Villarreal on other Chelsea forum. 

And can't believe people think there's a chance of James, Chilwell starting after zero minutes played last couple of months. 

Believe it or not, Chilwell is more of a threat lately. Alonso looks even slower than before, you can clearly see he's ageing. 

Did you forget Chilwell performances for us last season? He's way more dynamic.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Because we didn't buy anybody (but 1) this transfer window. Just buying Lukaku isn't suddenly going to make us superstars.

He had WB options but decided to go after Hakimi, which had a knock on effect.

The fact CHO played at WB for the last few games only to be dropped when it matters most makes you wonder.

This is for all intents and purposes our B team. Doesn’t look exciting or entertaining at all, really. Hard to see where the goals will come from.

Just need to get 3 points by any means and hope everyone is fitter for the Arse game.

Good to see optimism around this place…. not even kicked a ball yet and you’d think it was all doom and gloom.

Line ups interesting but Tuchel did say it will take a while for some guys to get their fitness IIRC due to the Euros etc. 

Big chance for Timo today, personally would of played Kai instead but lets see how he does. Has to improve on that lacklustre performance in the super cup.

Still think we will have more than enough. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

5 minutes ago, DDA said:

Alonso and Azpi at wingbacks 🤨

How are we still seeing this starting line up in August 2021.

Hardly surprising considering the internation tournament that finished last month and both our first choice full backs were there until the very end. Come September, the line up will look differently.

4 minutes ago, Milan said:

Hardly surprising considering the internation tournament that finished last month and both our first choice full backs were there until the very end. Come September, the line up will look differently.

Tbf, though, Chilwell and James didn’t even play. How are they not fit yet but Jorginho is who played like every minute until the end of the tournament?