Chelsea 3-0 Crystal Palace

Jase

9 minutes ago, Jase said:

What do you mean exactly? 

Stat padding against the lesser sides. We don't really have a game we should on paper be winning comfortably for a while after this one.

It's the winning comfortably on paper games that (I assume) is the main reason we've brought Rom in.

Just now, Tomo said:

Stat padding against the lesser sides. We don't really have a game we should on paper be winning comfortably for a while after this one.

It's the winning comfortably on paper games that (I assume) is the main reason we've brought Rom in.

I meant why do you think he won't be ready. 

6 minutes ago, Jase said:

I meant why do you think he won't be ready. 

To start.

At risk of someone throwing loads of examples in the hat and making me look silly, has a player ever been thrown in from the off when he signed so close to the game? The last examples i can think of for us were ironically him and Mata and they came on after an hour in the game in question.

Edit: Just remembered Kepa but point still stands to an extent as it's different for keepers.

Edited by Tomo

14 minutes ago, Jase said:

So I've heard. Guessing he's not vaccinated yet.

He was completely vaccinated during the Euros. They made a big deal about him, Martinez, and about 4 other players on the Dutch team doing it because there were quite a few that refused.

1 minute ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

He was completely vaccinated during the Euros. They made a big deal about him, Martinez, and about 4 other players on the Dutch team doing it because there were quite a few that refused.

Then how come he has to quarantine? Aren't those fully vaccinated not required to quarantine when heading into England?

Lukaku not ready. 

Ziyech injured. 

Havertz just played 120 mins. Game is in 48 hours. 

Mount just played first minutes and didn't look sharp. 

Pulisic and Werner looked horrible. 

Not a good situation in attack. 

Add to that Silva, James and Chilwell also without any minutes.

Kova played 120 mins, Jorginho just played first minutes. 

Just take 3 points somehow. 

Probably the best option at the moment:

Mendy

Azpi    Chris   Rudiger 

CHO Ballon  d'Or  Alonso 

Pulisic Werner Mount 

But we will struggle to score. 

1 minute ago, Jase said:

Then how come he has to quarantine? Aren't those fully vaccinated not required to quarantine when heading into England?

Varrane was vaccinated and has had to quarantine also. Not sure what the British policy is? 

We’re almost surely going to look a whole lot like we did last season for at least the first few games until Lukaku gets up to speed and any other new signings are brought in. And by that I mean we’re going to really find it difficult to score goals and our pattern of play will look very laborious and tedious.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We’re almost surely going to look a whole lot like we did last season for at least the first few games until Lukaku gets up to speed and any other new signings are brought in. And by that I mean we’re going to really find it difficult to score goals and our pattern of play will look very laborious and tedious.

At least we know what to expect from us, I guess but I don't know what to expect from Crystal Palace this time since Patrick Vieira is now in charge. 

Can see us struggling here if Vieira has watched Palace under Roy against us last season. Both matches. Not pressing Jorginho or Kante gives us the ultimate freedom to control the game for 90 minutes. 

The amount of crosses we make to only have our attackers stand at the edge of the box with no presence inside I hope changes dramatically with Lukaku. That probably the biggest issue with me. 

18 minutes ago, Jase said:

At least we know what to expect from us, I guess but I don't know what to expect from Crystal Palace this time since Patrick Vieira is now in charge. 

It’ll probably be the same old story. They’ll sit deep and let up pass the ball around with 80% possession and struggle to break them down.

I think it’s critical we start the season well or we could be left behind by the other title challengers before the race really starts. If I remember correctly Liverpool and United have extremely soft fixtures to start with. Or at least one of them does. We can’t afford to fall 6-9 points behind anyone.